It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the "Force" can not be denied !

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
there is an new upcoming religion on the rise... I am quite sure most have heard of it by now, it is called "Jediism"

in this topic I seek to establish the fact of the Force as a deity which can be observed and is "fact" and is also accepted as "Law" and not theory or speculation.

Jediism is a fast growing religion... it has been recorded as the 4th largest religion in England, to date there are over a half million people claiming Jedi as their belief system and this is only via limited consensus in certain countries, the numbers of the consensus are 548.179 to be exact and although this census was not held in United States I believe if it was there would be possibly up to one million claims in this country, being England is slightly smaller than our state of Oregon and has has 390.00 people to claim Jediism as their religion.

In the United States we have separation of church and state so the census could not be asked here by our government, however we do have marriage under Jediism in advance of other nations making this claim to Jediism as a religious practice. I believe also that it will be America which establishes Jediism as a religion first, as the United States Constitution protects the rights of it's citizens to practice their beliefs free of persecution... Heck we have even established Atheism as a religion which is a guiding light and a safe haven for unlucky souls like in strict Muslim countries where by law of Islam if you are an un-believer or non-believer this can be a serious crime even punishable by death.

at any rate the Force can not be denied... it is everywhere in the mystical energy field that surrounds us, penetrates us and binds the galaxy together. It is "law" and it exists and can be proven as "fact"

do not deny the Force ! some may think it is a little weird...

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Wow..

You know, I started practicing in the occult because I wanted to conjure fire and lightning in my hands. I soon realized this type of magick was impossible, but that we use magic tricks everyday. The ability to produce food from a big white cold box, is magick in the eyes of someone from 400 years ago. Than I realized fire could be produced in my hand if I had a gun. I could never get the lightning though.. I guess you could say, flipping on a light switch is the equivalent.

But The Force? I'd be mighty interested in this. I don't have to carry a midget around in a backpack do I?
edit on 2/11/2011 by WraithXV because: i can

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
This is so cool, I wanna be a Jedi too! Where can I sign up?

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Unitarian universalism societies; Presbyterians; and probably baptists would call that all permeating omniscient "Force" "God"...Personally I feel,and its just my and George Carlins' opinion there's nothing to it: True believers will condemn me to eternal damnation for saying such.

As long as you remain aware "Yoda" was literally a little green cloth puppet made in a special effects workshop and was voiced by frank oz to tell a fictional story; You can call it whatever you feel is appropriate...

edit on 11-2-2011 by 46ACE because: punctuation.

edit on 11-2-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Yeah this "force" is called love. It is the energy.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by WraithXV

''Midget in a backpack''

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by WraithXV

no you do not have to carry a midget in your backpack, but as the saying goes... "whatever floats your boat"

our good friend and Master Jedi Isaac Newton revealed a part of this great mystery known as the "Force" Newton achieved many things but one of the greatest of all was the revealing of the magic known as Gravity, this gravity which binds and attracts is magic which has become fact established through the laws of physics. Gravity being part of this Force which is visible.

can any here deny Gravity exists ?

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Have you ever come into conflict with various wielders of the Darkside? Would I be able to perform a choking sensation on someone without having to grab them?

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
the usage of the terms "jediism" and "force" is a double-edged sword...some of those who hear such terms could think it is nonsense because no serious religion could be spawned by a movie, while some who have a hard time visualizing such concepts may be more attracted to something they can so easily identify with...but it must be remembered that words are just words, they are the best thing we have to try to describe the world we live in, but words themselves are not real...we do our best to use words to describe the world, but it is entirely possible, some may argue probable, that the words we have are not adequate to describe certain aspects of reality...keeping this in mind, the "force" could be seen in the same light as the "great spirit" of native american lore, or similar ideas in other cultures...they are just different words for the same idea that many cultures, widely separated in time and space, have adhered to for millenia...

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by WraithXV
Have you ever come into conflict with various wielders of the Darkside? Would I be able to perform a choking sensation on someone without having to grab them?

well that which you speak of is of the Jedi Master... I have not learned of these ways yet, I need but a few more slayings with my saber of light and truth to become a Master. A Jedi Master however may step in for me and answer your question as I am not allowed to reveal the secrets I have learned and when I become a Master myself I will be able to take on one apprentice only.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint
This is so cool, I wanna be a Jedi too! Where can I sign up?

Enlist, bust your butt to improve your physical limits everyday;be a top notch marine Airman soldier or sailor and after building up a few years of strong performance reports apply for Navy seals;Marine force recon; Air Force pararescue; or Army Ranger training that's about as close as you'll get in real life.

Or Martial arts oriented folks will follow "paths of the peaceful warrior" through study of eastern philosophies...

Read Dan MIllmans "Way of the Peaceful warrior" I never saw the movie version but the book was pretty inspiring and probably what you are looking for.
www.amazon.com...

(34 votes) "Socrates: Where are you?
Dan Millman: Here.
Socrates: What time is it?
Dan Millman: Now.
Socrates: What are you?
Dan Millman: This moment.
"
www.great-quotes.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by HenryPatrick

yes but parts of this Force which is gravity is 'real' even if we have/had no words for it...

And Jediism is not only a movie, for it was written first, even as script... but there is a Book of the Jedi way and there are now many additions to this nook known as Star Wars.

why can not Jediism be a religion ? do you have only doubt because it was not written thousands of years ago and no one is painting a bearded man with eyes of fire in visualizing it's deity ?

oh Jediism is real alright, you better believe it !

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic.Artifact
reply to post by HenryPatrick

yes but parts of this Force which is gravity is 'real' even if we have/had no words for it...

And Jediism is not only a movie, for it was written first, even as script... but there is a Book of the Jedi way and there are now many additions to this nook known as Star Wars.

why can not Jediism be a religion ? do you have only doubt because it was not written thousands of years ago and no one is painting a bearded man with eyes of fire in visualizing it's deity ?

oh Jediism is real alright, you better believe it !

Live long and prosper!

For long before the jedi in this system there were the vulcan ways. and Short skirted yeoman and green skinned women and men in big rubber lizard costumes.oh yeah and tribbles eating all the tritecale...

to each his own

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic.Artifact

im not saying its not real, what i am saying is that it is just another way of describing something that many have known for thousands of years...

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE
Live long and prosper!

For long before the jedi in this system there were the vulcan ways. and Short skirted yeoman and green skinned women and men in big rubber lizard costumes.oh yeah and tribbles eating all the tritecale...

to each his own

yes Vulcan friend long live and prosper... for we Jedi to have a very similar saying, see what you do not understand about the Jedi is reflected in the opening of your response, namely with the use of the words (this system)

see we Jedi have developed the ability to travel between systems throughout inter-galactic space, hence here into your system evidenced by the fact that I am here.

may the force be with you...

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by HenryPatrick

im not saying its not real, what i am saying is that it is just another way of describing something that many have known for thousands of years...

very cool... the Jedi are real. What is sad most of your civilization does not know much about history or books anymore, all they know are movies like Zeitgeist or what not with "whoop-whoop bells and whistle sounds and hypnotizing lights.

We Jedi are relieving the Vulcans as guardians of planet Earth, for the Vulcan are so feelingless and emotionless it is not really a matching trait for humanity. The Vulcan do not understand this particular branch of evolutionary change the humans of planet earth are going through and the battle that rages with the dark side. We have life in my galaxy that well exceeds the technology and wisdom of the Vulcan.

besides I don't know if I mentioned Vulcan's are not very fun to party with... seemingly unable to comprehend feelings and emotions which most all species throughout you very own galaxy have.... I believe the numbers to be greater than 92%. The Vulcan have spread themselves thin and their own homeworld has been destroyed via bad politics and they still war amongst members of their very own gene pool.

if you have a Vulcan in your midst it can be beneficial to an extent...

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

In Star Trek, they call it… "warp speed" lol…

In the Bible, they call it, "The Holy Spirit"…

In the Matrix, they call it, "The Matrix"…

And in Star Wars, they call it, "The Force"…

I’m guessing it’s all the same stuff…

may the Croft oops… I mean…

…may the Force be with you…

- JC

edit on 11-2-2011 by Joecroft because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Joecroft

Hey there JC,

In Star Trek it is actually called "the Prime Directive"

the "Force" says quite a few things not to mention it is also how we Jedi travel by it... between systems.

the Force is present everywhere throughout the entirety of the 'Uni"verse, even if the LHC seemingly provides a tip of 'Multi"verse's they will only be based on abstract distorted Physics of this one Universe we all share.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I sense the residual presence of Jedi... this joint has been cleared out seemingly.

I spoke the word Deity and no minions of the Dark Side have taken to deny it, I am amazed...

there is a big difference about Star Trek compared to the Matrix, Star Wars and the Holy Bible though because Star Trek even I admired it and absorbed it and still do, I believe it to be based on the sole creation of one mans fantasy reality and does not promote individualism.

First off there is a 'Federation" of planets and not a "Republic" and that is just a clue to begin with, for in the real world the star trek universe behind the scenes would work like a caste system.

edit on 2/12/2011 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   

I was just trying to relax and have a little fun without being" snarky"...And "7of 9" has yeoman rand and mud's women "beat" by a mile!
"the federation" did reek of "collectivism.."

edit on 12-2-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join