It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

French President also says multiculturalism has failed.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

PARIS (AFP) – French President Nicolas Sarkozy declared Thursday that multiculturalism had failed, joining a growing number of world leaders or ex-leaders who have condemned it.

"My answer is clearly yes, it is a failure," he said in a television interview when asked about the policy which advocates that host societies welcome and foster distinct cultural and religious immigrant groups.

"Of course we must all respect differences, but we do not want... a society where communities coexist side by side.

Source

Looks like leaders are starting to wake up and start speaking out against all the multicultural violence that is taking place since it's not working by not having people share the national values and identity.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
It is the same in the U.S.

Multi-ethnicity helped make America strong.

Multi-culturalism - not the same thing at all - is busy tearing America down.

And "diversity" is just another euphemism for multi-culturalism.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TinFoilHatMan55

I would have to agree with the french
damn it. But hes right nowadays people do not try and assimilate into the culture they moved to. They just join what ever ethic group their from and take over a town. these people only pander to people of their ethnic background they set up shops only for their people who speak their language and they dont try to learn the language of the country they live in. I have seen this countless times here in America. I live in California and some of these people fought to not have the business signs in English because they would have to hire people who speak English. I wont even go into the illegal Aliens from Mexico who think we should learn their language so they don't feel left out instead of them just learning English. Its BS
edit on 11-2-2011 by pcrobotwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Why say Multi Culturalism, I know Romanians and Poles and Hindus and Sheiks that have fitted in fantastically to Scotland, why not just say Islam is not a religion 75% of the world can tolerate any more, and these so called moderate Muslims have been too quite for too long, they seem to pray beside terrorists and say nothing. If I was in mass and I heard a fellow Catholic was plotting a bombing I would leave and call the police straight away. Thats the difference. Last night in Glasgow, white woman raped off three men of middle eastern description, the minute I read it I said I bet it was Pakistanis before I got to the descriptions. I am sick of it, time has come to say no more, get out, if you cant intograte then live in a Muslim country simple as that, if our way of life is so disgusting to you then there is nothing keeping you here.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
While being diverse and multiculturalism is a good things, showing strength from the different forms and people, it can be a bad thing where it becomes a driving force. Many of the heads of state and countries are starting to see what has been growing for a very long time, not only in their own country, but also around the world in different countries where immigration is not as closely guarded or controlled. The one thing that is occurring is that many of the different groups are identifying themselves as one group and a national second. While this may seem like a good idea, it is however, in the long run, sets up a form of discrimination and segregation that many countries have fought to eliminate, and at one time has. What is slowly starting to rear its ugly head is that many of the things that would identify a country as purely unique is slowly being eroded away, be it through the culture, works of art and language. Many countries are starting to see where this is having the exact opposite effect of what was hoped for by allowing a more progressive and free immigration policy. Too often, and it can be seen in just about any country, where one group will not want to be a part of the society that it lives in, would like to have the rules more in favor of where they come from and keep separated from the rest of the city or place that they live. It sets up areas where it is difficult for the crimes that may occur there either against the people living there, or those who would visit. France and England are a good point in case, where in both countries, there are neighbor hoods where the community identify themselves as one particular groups and it makes it hard for the local law enforcement or official to come in and investigate or do their job to keep the peace or even help out, as it would or could violate some unspoken law or custom. It is also even more difficult when the local population does not even speak the same language putting more of a burden on the whole to accommodate the few. As much as it may seem wrong or even arrogant, it may be time for countries to start promoting what makes them one nationality or another, and start to teach the children to have pride in that country that they reside in. This way the people there can identify themselves as that particular country first and a sub group second, lest it deteriorate even further, causing more and more strife among their respective societies on a whole.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I am going to pose this question again as I have in similar threads,
the question is "why are you taking the politicians words at face value all of
a sudden?"

You may agree with what they seem to be expressing here but what
subtle agenda are they planning?

Our elite have been happy to endorse multiculturalism for years until
it's built many tensions and now they are all declaring it has failed.
Smells somewhat fishy to me. They are not on our side, they only
give that impression where it suits them.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

I am going to pose this question again as I have in similar threads, the question is "why are you taking the politicians words at face value all of a sudden?"

Yeah, isn't that something? They go out of their way to justify and implement something as destructive as multiculturalism, and now, out of the blue, they're admitting that their policies have failed. I wonder how much the recent events in Tunisia and Egypt have influenced this obvious backpedaling by these puppets? Amazing what these people will say when it is their necks on the line.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Finally people are starting to "get it." In the US small but extremely vocal and voracious minority groups extort court rulings and political figures to blur the traditional American culture and value system by screaming bigotry and racism if they don't. As a result here in California, my small county has spent hundreds of thousands in gov't grant money for "Cultural Competency" focus groups, seminars and workshops. The majority of people here other than caucasians are Latinos, which is nothing new. Anybody from around here has already lived and worked beside these folks and are well-accustomed to that culture. As a result, it is now easier for illegal migrants to get social services and free bennies than indigent caucasians. This is what has caused all the resentment - not racism.

I think any immigrant who does not want to assimilate into the culture of the host country should stay home. The strength in diversity comes from regions and nations. Imagine if the world were entirely a mish-mash of different races, cultures, etc. mixed throughout all countries. Mexico would lose it's charm and culture, africans would be watered down with europeans, asians would too. Won't that be boring? What is saddest is how Native Americans are disappearing into the soup now - in a hundred years there will be no more, as anyone with that ancestry will be lucky to be 1/64. The thought of this breaks my heart!

In a few hundred years everyone will look the same, with olive skin color, light brown hair, etc. and all cultural differences will have been diluted into the soup... HOW BORING! This is what the globalists want.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by On the level

Why say Multi Culturalism, I know Romanians and Poles and Hindus and Sheiks that have fitted in fantastically to Scotland....

Because the problem IS Multi-Culturalism! It is a method of applying divide and conquer.

....History shows that no nation can survive the tension, conflict, and antagonism of two or more competing languages and cultures. It is a blessing for an individual to be bilingual; however, it is a curse for a society to be bilingual.

"The historical scholar Seymour Lipset put it this way: 'The histories of bilingual and bi-cultural societies that do not assimilate are histories of turmoil, tension, and tragedy.' Canada, Belgium, Malaysia, Lebanon all face crises of national existence in which minorities press for autonomy, if not independence. Pakistan and Cyprus have divided. Nigeria suppressed an ethnic rebellion. France faces difficulties with Basques, Bretons, and Corsicans." www.rense.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
The smaller nations of the EU are certainly displaying the symptoms of failed multiculturalism long before we will feel the big punch here in the US. Although, our saturation point is is approaching quickly.

Integration is the most important part of immigration. My grandparents and great parents packed up their lives into several steamer trunks and made their way to the US at the turn of the century. They learned the language and assimilated into the culture while still maintaining pride in their Hungarian heritage. I carry on that pride of heritage to this day.

top topics

join