It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help! I can`t get a song out of my Head

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Hello ATS team

I watched a video of the Madonna song 'American Dream' and repeatedly watched the video
in an attempt to understand any cryptic message. This song is constantly replaying in my mind.

I know that these events are now termed as 'Earworms' , yet its disturbing to be constantly
polluted by this loop. It`s making me believe music is dangerous as a form of mind control.

Any solutions? It happened to me about 4 year ago with a Babyshambles song ' F*ck Forever.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Listen to the radio..

Sometimes I wake up in the morning with a song in my head that I haven't heard for weeks.. just keep other music playing and it should go away..

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by deprogrammer

This ??
But this is called American Life

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

ha bloody ha! I`m not gonna watch it again...but some say if you watch it one more time ..you are cured?

Even the imagery makes me wanna watch it again as I believe that there is a message in the video
of Madonna taking the P*SS out the US people and the great country has been sold entertainment
for it`s own destruction by design.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Why is this under conspiracy theories?

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Hahaha my thoughts too devildog

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Repeat after me:

"Everything has D-U-R-A-T-I-O-N"

Sri Oracle

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Don't recall the source but I once heard that if you just sing the offending song it will soon go away.

Years ago I had a co-worker, Dan M., that would plant these little 'earworms' on purpose just to screw with people. Danny would hum a little catchy tune as he walked through the office first thing in the morning. Not loud. Just loud enough.

It would be something that many may have heard, usually a TV theme song like 'The Monkees', 'The Banana Splits', 'The Brady Bunch'.

Sometimes it would be something really horrible, pop hits like 'Kung Fu Fighting', Helen Reddy's 'Ruby Red Dress' or the insipid 'The Night Chicago Died'.

In the afternoon you could find 2 or 3 people whistling or humming Dan's morning tune while they poured a coffee or made copies. They couldn't get the song out of their head. This would provide us a good 1/2 hour minimum of amusement while we teased them about the phantom song.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
All I'll say is if you purposely watch crap songs just so you can go "Oohh she had a freemason symbol on the sole of her shoe just as she said 'Own your soul'!11!!!" then you deserve the earworms...

madonna... good lord...

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Here's my form of help, this should replace that song in your head;

Hope it works, your welcome in advance!

by the way, this should be in the Offtopic: Music Forum
edit on 11-2-2011 by BenIndaSun because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Try doing some long division, or complex multiplication. important- do it all on paper, no calculators and use tough numbers without zeros.

studies on this very subject have suggested that the area of your brain responsible for short term memory will often capture things like songs and will produce that "stuck in head" loop feeling.

The idea is that doing math by hand will help to flush out that which is already occupying the short term memory sphere. So give it a try!

I've done it before and experienced limited improvement. however, I am a musician and failed every type of math i took, so it stand to reason it might not be as productive for my brain, which favors music over just about everything else.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

Nobody deserves earworms.. but discussing the topic has deflected the subject. After watching a dumb
tv program called 'Hustle' on UK BBC....It has has somehow temporarily eridicated this loop song.

It also raises the enigma of TV mind control..Will it return in the morning? Who knows?

I only raise this situation to share with wonderful ATS people who may encounter this enigma.

Its not about me....or my ego.....thank you ATS

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by deprogrammer
Hello ATS team

I watched a video of the Madonna song 'American Dream' and repeatedly watched the video
in an attempt to understand any cryptic message. This song is constantly replaying in my mind.

I know that these events are now termed as 'Earworms' , yet its disturbing to be constantly
polluted by this loop. It`s making me believe music is dangerous as a form of mind control.

Any solutions? It happened to me about 4 year ago with a Babyshambles song ' F*ck Forever.

Hey, got the same problem.

Mine is an old '70s song by ELO - Mr. Blue Sky.

Insanity comes quickly... just relax, no pain, just go with the flow...

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
This is easy.

Just think of "The Love Boat" theme. That will clear it right out of your head!

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by BenIndaSun

Thanks! I listened to this track and it worked for 10 minutes ,, Yet I remenbered that 'Stan' by Eminem
was my first ever Earworm and after three plays ..it eradicated the problem ...Nice Work ATS CHEERS!

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

I haven't read the other suggestions yet, so I apologize if this is a repeat. I heard the group Rascal Flatts on a radio show, and this question was asked of them, and they had all agreed on how to get rid of it. It happens to professionals. To stop the one in their head, they take a song like Swing Low, or even the ABC song and they try to sing it to the Melody of another popular song. Imagine trying to sing your ABCs to the tune of Saints Come Marching In, or vice versa.

I have used it successfully. Good luck!

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by deprogrammer
reply to post by badw0lf

Nobody deserves earworms.. but discussing the topic has deflected the subject. After watching a dumb
tv program called 'Hustle' on UK BBC....It has has somehow temporarily eridicated this loop song.

It also raises the enigma of TV mind control..Will it return in the morning? Who knows?

I only raise this situation to share with wonderful ATS people who may encounter this enigma.

Its not about me....or my ego.....thank you ATS

Or you can always just hum the tune to sesame streeet....

sunnyy days, sweeping the clouuudsss away....
On my way to where the air - is - sweeeet.
Can ya tell me how to get, how to get to sesame streeeeet?

Always sure to get one song out of your head

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Here ya go this oughta work:

edit on 11-2-2011 by ldyserenity because: to fix embedding

OK OK I know it, I am the devil incarnate!!!!
edit on 11-2-2011 by ldyserenity because: add a line!

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Ok this will mak it all better; sorry about the barney that was just CRUEL!!!!!!

TURN IT UP!!!!!

edit on 11-2-2011 by ldyserenity because: spelling

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Ok this one might work too...
The dumbest song EVER!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join