It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whoopi fired for her comments by Slim-Fast

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Comedian Whoopi Goldberg will no longer appear in ads for diet aid maker Slim-Fast following her lewd riff on President Bush's name at a fund-raiser last week, the company said on Wednesday.

Yeah you are a big loser. There is a time and place for comments like this and a public forum is not it. Not like she was a great spokeperson for slim-fast anyway. In her commercials, she was always wearing an oversized shirt to hide her girth.

news.yahoo.com.../nm/20040714/en_nm/people_goldberg_dc

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I like Whoopi but her latest Bush basing thing got me. Now I don't mind casual Bush bashing,but when she used all the obscenities, it really got to me. And I don't mind cursing. I love George Carlin's comedy and its pretty profance but her lastest bit was too much, it came at a very bad time.

Its the fact that she's a woman, and was using such profanity. IMHO its not proper for a woman to curse like that.

I'd fire her too, gives the product a bad image.
[edit on 7-14-2004 by JediMaster]

[edit on 7-14-2004 by JediMaster]

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I already posted this... search for it brotha, search!!

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I would have to say she isn't funny. She is untalented and her biggest carrer highlight is being on HollyWood Squares. I saw it coming. Time to celebrate.

She got what was coming to her. Besides, who uses slim-fast when you can go on the atkins?

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies

I did search, but obviously not good enough. BTW, here is my saved serach.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Where is your thread?

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyarlathotep

Originally posted by TrueLies

I did search, but obviously not good enough. BTW, here is my saved serach.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Where is your thread?

political debate... I searched before posting, got it from yahoonews...
my link: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Great minds think alike... teehee.

[edit on 14-7-2004 by TrueLies]

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I'll put my input in here to join the discussion ...

She was never funny, she's more slapstick comedy then anything, her skits aren't smart her movies suck and she's an angry lesbian... Who would do her?
Eek!

And to be a big spokesperson for slim fast is a joke, i've never seen her look thin, she's always been full figured and those big shirts don't do any justice. When i first saw the commercials I thought "who were they kidding"?

There is such thing as class and it shouldn't be shocking to her since her foul mouth got her ass fired... I know she was drunk but think before you speak woman! She's a celebrity, there is always a camera rolling somewhere unles your on the can of course. And for her to say that dumbed down # at a get together like that was pretty stupid if she didn't think her not so witty lines would get out...

doi doi doi doi doi!!

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I never thought she was funny at all. I'm no fan of Bush, but I can't understand why they picked her to speak in the first place. The ironic thing is, and no I'm not going to talk about Cheney's potty mouth, but to paraphrase 'Apocalypse Now', we have Americans dying in Iraq, and they call Whoopi obscene?

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Thanks for posting your thread Truelies. I am curious why it didn't show up for my search.

Nevermind, I am so damn stupid. It was there on my search, I just didn't look at my search results good enough. Take a look at my search results, it is right there above mine. Duh! *smacks self in head*

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Since this is already posted, I'll close this thread.

new topics

top topics

join