It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large 6.8 Quake Stikes Offshore Bio - Bio Chile, Hit By Devastating Quake Last Year.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

edit on 11-2-2011 by Foxoutfoxing because: duplicate

Mods please remove as wrong thread.

Magnitude 6.8
Date-Time Friday, February 11, 2011 at 20:05:31 UTC
Friday, February 11, 2011 at 05:05:31 PM at epicenter
Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones
Location 36.479°S, 73.000°W
Depth 28 km (17.4 miles) set by location program
Region OFFSHORE BIO-BIO, CHILE
Distances 45 km (30 miles) N of Concepcion, Bio-Bio, Chile
80 km (50 miles) SW of Cauquenes, Maule, Chile
85 km (55 miles) WNW of Chillan, Bio-Bio, Chile
395 km (245 miles) SSW of SANTIAGO, Region Metropolitana, Chile

earthquake.usgs.gov...
edit on 11-2-2011 by Foxoutfoxing because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-2-2011 by Foxoutfoxing because: wrong thread

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
From your source:

"A strong earthquake has occurred, but a tsunami IS NOT expected along the California, Oregon, Washington, British Columbia, or Alaska coast. NO tsunami warning, watch or advisory is in effect for these areas.

Based on the earthquake magnitude, location and historic tsunami records, a damaging tsunami IS NOT expected along the California, Oregon, Washington, British Columbia, and Alaska coasts. At coastal locations which have experienced strong ground shaking, local tsunamis are possible due to underwater landslides.

At 12:05 PM Pacific Standard Time on February 11, an earthquake with preliminary magnitude 7.0 occurred near the coast of central Chile . (Refer to the United States Geological Survey for official earthquake parameters.)

Pacific coastal regions outside California, Oregon, Washington, British Columbia, and Alaska should refer to the Pacific Tsunami Warning Center messages for information on the event."

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Oh wow, I hope everyone is alright!, See this is the thing, if I were anywhere near the place affected by last years earthquake I would of moved right out of there in heart beat, I know times are hard but seriously, being in seismic prone area is not smart. Although! honestly if you think about it nowhere you go is safe, it's either a tsunami/earthquake threat, tornado threat, hurricanes, flooding, drought, monsoons, God the list goes on, it's better to just be.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
hi just wanted to let yall know no one was injured or killed in the quake with no major damage reported as said here which is great news

online.wsj.com...

edit on 11-2-2011 by karmajayne because: (no reason given)

top topics

join