It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain's Roswell !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Hey guys I just stumbled upon this documentary within a compilation of videos:

www.youtube.com...

Thought it might be of interest to others here. Check it out

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Will you provide some more information. What does the video show? What does it have to do with "British Roswell"? Give a summary of the video and your own thoughts on it all.

Please read: Posting Video Links!

ATS Terms and Conditions of Use

1k.) Video links/embeds: You will not embed or post a link to a video without a reasonable description of its content and why it interests you, is germane to the topics discussed on ATS or the topic of an existing thread should you post it in a reply to an existing thread.

edit on February 11th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Ah sorry. Yes it's about a UFO sighting by military personnel in Britain at night (it's a History Channel documentary). One of the men actually managed to touch the craft. It was actually seen again, 2 days later, this time by some of the higher ranking officers as well. There was a lot of confusion about the lights and the weird way it flew off each time.

Later, the men were questioned and basically told to shut up (your classical cover-up , threats, etc).

To this day, the men are convinced of what they saw and are pushing for the government to share its knowledge of similar cases but of course TPTB won't allow it.

Anyway, this seems like it deserves a lot more attention. Everyone knows about Roswell but the incident near this military base in Britain seems equally important. Also, it appears that the beings aboard these craft are trying to take inventory of our weapons. There have been plenty of accounts of UFOs on radar near bases. Thoughts?
edit on 11-2-2011 by Topato because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
British Roswell? Isn't that the title usually given to the Berwyn Mountains event, whatever that may have been. The point about Rendlesham Forest - which is what this clip refers to - is that the people talking about it don't think it involved any sort of UFO crash. The key to the US Roswell event is that if it wasn't a crash of something - UFO, balloon, small, poorly Japanese people, or whatever - then it wasn't anything at all.

So, anyway, 'Britain's Roswell' is just misleading.
edit on 11-2-2011 by Snippy23 because: typo

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Topato
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Ah sorry. Yes it's about a UFO sighting by military personnel in Britain (it's a History Channel documentary)

Just a quick post to help out a bit. The video relates to the famous Rendlesham Forest UFO incident in December 1980 where a UFO reportedly buzzed a top security NATO military base that was said to store nuclear weapons. Most of you are probably already familiar with it, but just in case here is a link to the relevant page on Wikipedia:
en.wikipedia.org...

Recent threads on ATS about the Rendlesham Forest incident include:
Rendlesham forest, "Ancient Aliens" episode 30.12.10 and binary numbers

The video posted by Topato is an extract from a series on the History Channel entitled "UFO Files". The relevant episode was episode 15 in the second series, broadcast in 2005 and entitled "Britain's Roswell".

(The "UFO Files" series liked that sort of title. Other episodes included "Russian Roswell", "Texas' Roswell", "Mexico's Roswell", "Brazil's Roswell")

The relevant full episode is available online, including at the following links:

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Topato

thanks for bringing this to our attension
im going to watch and report the details

xploder

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snippy23
So, anyway, 'Britain's Roswell' is just misleading.

To be fair to Topato, the title of this thread (i.e. "Britain's Roswell") is simply the title of the relevant documentary.

(A few years ago, it seemed like every UFO book and documentary was trying to cash in upon the "Roswell" crash/brand.)

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by IsaacKoi
(A few years ago, it seemed like every UFO book and documentary was trying to cash in upon the "Roswell" crash/brand.)

Isaac,

How far have you got with you're fine tooth comb regarding Rendlesham? If you are a Barrister, you'd be perfect for delivering a talk on it somewhere in the UK surely? Just a thought.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pimander
How far have you got with you're fine tooth comb regarding Rendlesham?

So far, no where. Due to work and family commitments, I've been finding it very difficult to find the time to finish off a couple of long-term UFO research projects which I need (or at least want) to complete before tackling Rendlesham properly...

I'm very bored with the mundane tasks and technical issues involved in working on my own to make the results of those long-term projects available on the Internet (which hasn't helped with the struggle to find time to get these tasks done...) but I think putting that material online may be a useful contribution to anyone that wants to make a detailed study of various issues relating to UFO reports.

Basically, I see those projects as somewhat tedious but laying the groundwork for me and others to do some interesting research.

I'm rather struggling to keep my eye on the ball and not get distracted by researching Rendlesham (and numerous other interesting sightings/issues) at the moment.

All the best,

Isaac
edit on 12-2-2011 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

top topics

join