It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

REQUEST FOR FORUMS: Planning of Demonstrations , Record of Demonstrations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Hello ATS members and moderators,

I propose that two new forums be added to ATS.

1) Planning of Demonstrations
2) Record of Demonstrations

Thank-You for your consideration,
K8

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Excellent idea...we can talk about change, but until we can organize and do it, we are powerless. Thanks.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
So I take it you would be okay with people arranging Tea Party demonstrations via ATS. Or maybe westboro Baptist Church could figure out what military funeral to picket next. You okay with that?

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I don't think so. Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but I don't think this would be permitted in ATS.

From ATS Terms and Conditions

15e.) Recruitment/Solicitation:

i) You will not use your membership in the Websites for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not Post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
looks like a keeper of the flame squelched that with 15e.

i wondered why this site does not have a get-together spot. this is a very diversified website with lots of different interests covered. nothing bad - i haven't seen any maniacal soldier of fortune seeks kindred spirits posts, and i think that will not happen on ATS.

but it would be nice to get to meet like-minded individuals - other sites i go to there are people taking it past the keyboard. over on Fark.com there is around one party a month somewhere in the USA for locals to meet & greet, have fun and a drink.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
So I take it you would be okay with people arranging Tea Party demonstrations via ATS. Or maybe westboro Baptist Church could figure out what military funeral to picket next. You okay with that?

Military funeral schedule exists on ATS?

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
First, let me be clear: I do not like this 15e...Can it be explained better? Can we at least dive into the topic of demonstrations?? Forget the "Planning of" part.

I believe I am experiencing ATS for the/my first time.
It is truly cool to come back to a thread, started by a thread of thought, and find feedback on my argument/opinion.

Second, no, am not a fan of the Tea Party, so no, I would not like to see people support a party whose platform is, in its essence, a hijacking of the Boston Tea Party demonstrations, which, my ancestors took part in. That Tea Party was in regards to a several year long battle in which people simply denounced the ridiculousness of shipping cotton and tea across the ocean when they could, and much so preferred, to grow their own and trade it amongst themselves. That Tea Party was in regards to what I like to call 'the first localvore movement'; "citizens" simply talked amongst themselves and decided that it was not beneficial or tasteful for them to pay taxes on goods coming in to compete with goods they already produced and needed to produce in order to keep their lifestyles and economy well balanced and in consideration of nature. It was not simply about taxes, it was about trying to keep trade from becoming what it is today - a resource raping, profit driven, power path, crimes against humanity operation used to justify weapons build-up and hydrological/atmospherical control. They might not have thought so 'indepthly' into it, I do understand. But nevertheless, reading back into the arguments and demonstrations that were very much like those we have today with ourselves, our friends and family, and our neighbors near and far.... I find it disturbing that well documented arguments held by people such as my ancestors that were the basis for small and large acts of defiance (boycotts, Boston demonstration...) to tea (and cotton) from across the ocean has been seemingly ignored or suppressed in the creation of The Tea Party 21st Century Style::::::: on a Fox News interview one morning during early October 2010 a man actually held up, dangled, a Lipton Tea bag in front of he camera, raving about the "Tea Party". So backwards, backwards thinking and, seemingly, historical ignorance.
No, I would not like it if supporters of the Tea Party started documenting and organizing demonstrations....but I would not encourage the moderators to delete posts that supported this 'political view' or party....I don't believe that is what ATS is all about...everyone can speak, as long as it is civil and cited when needed.

If 15e didn't exist, I would hope that the demonstrations and organizations that might be discussed follow along with the stars, by THAT I mean, I would hope that whatever links were posted to demonstration info upcoming or past, or whatever momentum building and social networking occurred on this site that it wouldn't be
a) considered solicitation of membership
b) totally against the grain of the predominating (stars indicative of) views and concerns
c) used to cause any sort of violence, harm to anyone, but, to gather like-minded people together so that they may congregate and build comradeship in order to stand before corporations and entities that are so clearly trying to take away our basic freedoms and ways of life with empty signifiers "change", laws enacted for reasons proactively hidden from us (See Elizabeth Dunn "The Trojan Pig"- EU laws literally decimate the existence of small scale pig raising (one of many (HOMESTEADING) means of self-sufficiency) in the name of 'health standards' and build and dominate the process of acquiring pork for one's brother one that relies upon larger disease and chemical prone farms and slaughter facilities)
d) attributed to the inaction or action of any moderator(s). ATS should be a forum where it is possible to plan and document demonstrations or "want to see where it all goes down" missions to places that are of notable interest to people that chose to go. [[is there really a threat to anyone by the existence of a forum for threads regarding peaceful demonstrations or "look see and stare at them or call them out or support and awareness generating gatherings?]]

Nevertheless, I end where I began, hearing different points of views and opinions on what is best for me and others is a pretty welcomed happening. ATS is NOT, I now understand (thanks ya'll who responded) the place for a encouraging gatherings based on desires to engage in "social action".
Perhaps maybe (?) a forum simply on Citizen Demonstrations (where ATS members can post anything related to speeches at demonstrations, interviews, first hand footage, blogs by participants, info on the focus of the demonstration...).

I do not mean to incite anything that goes against the Declaration of Human Rights, my American educational experience
, my mothers approval, or your approval, or 15e
I simply was thinking about how to try to create a less web-based outlet for some of the concerns and interests of those that choose to use this site for whatever reason.

I guess, in short, meetup.com doesn't really seem to cut it anymore and I unknowningly got into a day dream that questioned and gave me the answer to a pondering about the format of ATS as a communication medium. I see I was somewhat ignorant and somewhat myopic in my thinking. So many grassroots organizations and political platform supporting groups organize and then document their organizing online in order to further their ability to persuade others to do what they want, whether it be vote for this or that, or against this or that, or stop supporting certain entities and structural barriers (laws) in society. I was wondering how these Raging Grannies got together outside NARUS. In guess, in short, again,
what I should have simply posted is more of an emotional based intellectual plea rooted in this question I silently said to myself today::: WHERE THE HECK DO I HOOK UP WITH THOSE GALS? I WONDER IF THEY EVEN USE THE INTERNET HALF AS MUCH AS I DO OR (EGYPTIAN?) FACEBOOKERS DO, AND THERE THEY ARRRRE PINS AND POSTERS AND OUTFITS AND ALL.....right where I was hoping people would go during this who Egyptian Uprising-------> to the place that shut off an entire populaces internet communication system.
How dare NARUS do that? Shame on them and those that make their over-control of the mediums of communication that SOCIETY & NATURE ultimately invented. People are generally good and history has proven that militarization and government-ization of the facets that make up society is increasingly despised by the general populace of the world. Why do they need to employ such technology, and if they are going to employ such technology, there must be checks and balances in place to prevent the abuse of the power this type of dominance allows for. I am not ashamed of my stance, AND, I am startled that the topic has been brought up in Congress. NARUS should be scolded and checked. Shutting down an entire communication network is unacceptable. NARUS can find another headquarters. I see no reason why they should be allowed to headquarter themselves on the soil of a territory within which the First Amendment, in writing or in culture and social practice, reigns true and steadfast.

I would very much so like to follow and discuss Citizen Demonstrations in a forum dedicated to this simultaneously broad and unique topic that I think appears to be as of much interest to ATS members as some of the other forum topics.

k8

edit on 11-2-2011 by K8sarvesbarkooh because: grammatical

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by K8sarvesbarkooh

I didn't wade through all that. Try using paragraphs, but you prove my point. You are completely biased. You want forums for demonstrations that you approve of, but not for those you disapprove of. ATS may be dominated by left wing libs, but it is not overwhelmed by them. That you would suggest your own views would be allowed where others would not shows you don't believe in free speech. All that means to you is that you demand the right to say what you want, but don't want to allow people who don't believe what you do a forum at all. ATS is not here to support your own political agenda. That's one reason why you won't be getting your forums.

My prediction: Request denied.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by K8sarvesbarkooh

"If you believe in freedom of speech, you believe in freedom of speech for views you don't like. Stalin and Hitler, for example, were dictators in favor of freedom of speech for views they liked only. If you're in favor of freedom of speech, that means you're in favor of freedom of speech precisely for views you despise." -- Noam Chomsky

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
One of Chomsky's weaker moments for sure.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
My apologies for failing to site a reference to the Raging Grannies that I mentioned in my argument for more talk about the walk, if you will. THREAD and/or

PHOTOS

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/993e57947e1f.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5387d3caf179.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/17824c58bebb.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 11-2-2011 by K8sarvesbarkooh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
This is something for the owners and moderators to consider. But having a public madness section as well as a political madness does help compile a more balanced view of events.

new topics

top topics

join