It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Unity Movement: A Global Revolution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Hello and welcome to my first thread. If it's in the wrong section mods please move it, this section was suggested to me. I'd like to talk about realistically attaining world peace and the end of poverty, and likely with it, the end of conspiracy. I'd like to talk about democracy and I'd like to talk about a leaderless moneyless human civilization. I'd like to talk about technology, specifically how to make the most tangible use of computers and the internet that we can. My attempted political call to arms is concise by design, but I'd like to open the discussion wide open here. Here is my piece, please discuss and thank you for your time:

The Revolution

Occupiers, whoever you may be, know that it is we who have you surrounded, it is our interests that matter, and we are watching in wait that it is these interests that are tended to and given priority. Our needs are simple, and do not exhaust the fairness of human potential. Why do you insist it is so difficult a thing, that a global community of evolved civilized beings take care of themselves and each other, because they want to, because of love? We have all the tools. We have the near infinite human potential. And we have technology. Through a gross misuse of both of these, we have until now endeavoured in a failed society. There are three keys to the global revolution, the proper evolution of humanity to a level that we somehow think we have already achieved (we haven't): 1. Money 2. The Internet 3.Will of the People

We must advance beyond money, not to credits, but beyond any form of currency. We need to make the best use of human potential we can to become a global community of evolved civilized beings. All of the man hours every day to support the monetary system and financial structure, all of the equipment, the currency itself, the tills, the safes, the trucks, the networks and interac machines, the banks, wall street and all markets, the mints are unnecessary wastes of human potential. Look at all the time and money that eliminating money saves. We're going to need this kind of economic saving to begin to operate as a peaceful planetary species which enjoys success on that level.

The internet can be used to govern the economy of the world to great fairness and efficiency. It is quite simple, use it as a balance sheet of needs and resources. First we meet our needs and extra projects, or wants, can be preformed with left over resources on any level from personal projects to creating a global space exploration program. Dividing up our extra resources into projects is our opportunity for democracy. To meet all of the basic needs of the world's population can be governed by the internet if we put the simple faith into the process that we have been with money. As long as we all agree to put forth some human effort meeting the needs of our population every day. Our jobs would reward us with harmony rather than paychecks and our methods would be dictated by quality and efficiency and nothing else.

The only way any of this can happen is if we accept the challenge together. It's like we are all going to go to a class together. We have to agree it is going to happen and prepare to make a smooth transition in as many areas as we can. We must plan for it together and begin it together. The class is life and its time we accept our enrollment.

The Unity Movement must be addressed. It makes sense now given the rise of the internet. Human problems will still be prevalent in the beginnings. A determined focus on what's important, what we need to live and prosper, must be stayed to combat the problems. A determined focused communication to give us the best we are capable of, together, must remain vigorous. Every human, by birth right, is granted participation in the movement, granted benefit by the movement, and expected to endeavour genuinely toward our population's success. For unity to be attainable, it must be made conscious. You have to think it's possible, and think about how to attain it. You have to believe in world peace and the end of poverty. You have to believe it's possible and you have to begin to work toward it. Unless you've got something better to do (you don't), you are now a member of this movement and have been cursed with the prospect of witnessing harmony before you die. Change comes from within. The Unity Movement must be addressed equally in two regards. We must address it as a population worldwide, and we must address it as an individual, internally in solitude.

It really is so easy, and it really is natural. Survival is not a human issue. We have no excuse to be threatened by anything other than as yet incurable diseases or accidents. Success is the new human issue. We can focus on mastering human success shortly after we finish mastering survival. We have the tools to end the struggles for human survival everywhere they exist, let's put them to use. We're a consciousness on the verge of entering itself into the ocean of stars and galaxies, on the precipice of being able to join with other live civilizations. How are we going to get there without unity?

Think about how much better every meal of yours would be, knowing no one is going without. Think about how much better our methods would be knowing no one is trying to squeeze unnecessary profit out of any given step. Think about how the air would feel as you breathe it, knowing no one is harming another. Think it's possible. Hear the bell ringing? It's time for class.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by GoatwolfeWolfgoate

Well its a nice idea but I dont see it happening.First you have to address the money issue,so how do you eliminate currency,do we go to a trade system,this for that?Or does tptb decide who needs what who gets what,everyone the same?how do you over come the religous differences,most wars are fought over religion,not money IMO.I'm just saying that I dont see world peace happening,you'll allways have someone who wants the power to control others I think thats human nature. I'm just saying that we are not all the same and have the same goals.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ufoyoshi

Hi ufoyoshi, thank you for the reply. I'm going to engage a bit of debate with you.

"Well its a nice idea but I dont see it happening."

This is your attitude toward world peace and ending poverty? Because I'm appealing to you, I need your help.

"First you have to address the money issue,so how do you eliminate currency,do we go to a trade system,this for that?"

There is no trade system, everything is free. If there's no leaders and no money are we really going to sit around and freak right out and not figure out how to do things? We'll go one better, we'll figure out how to do things and we'll get them working better than with money or leaders. Money and leaders compromise quality and efficiency. Especially if we go into it all together on the same wavelength, that's why we have to understand what we'd be getting into should we go this way, and do it altogether at the same time.

"Or does tptb decide who needs what who gets what,everyone the same?"

Who is tptb? We are tptb. There really is strength in numbers. We have tptb surrounded, everywhere they are, in the entire world. All we need is something to unify us and timing and there is no stopping what a united population could accomplish, especially worldwide.

"how do you over come the religous differences,most wars are fought over religion,not money IMO."

I think wars are fought over power and control, which encompasses both religion and money. You overcome the religious differences, or the intangible, with the need to do the best with what we know, the tangible. We know a human body needs food water and shelter, we know the human mind works better when the human body has these things. What religion could really argue against a population determined to start doing better at life together? In this arena I think we are given the opportunity to continuously improve. This is tangible, and should be a higher priority than religion. Of course in this moneyless leaderless world people are free to worship as they choose. I see no problem and it gives us an excuse to grow up IMO.

"I'm just saying that I dont see world peace happening,you'll allways have someone who wants the power to control others I think thats human nature. I'm just saying that we are not all the same and have the same goals."

I think that's human behaviour and that it's much easier to change human behaviour than you might think. I think based on your response that you want to be a member of tptb, secretly from yourself, or honestly, and that a paper like this takes away from this dream of yours? I think that's part of how they get away with it, because it could be one of us in their shoes enjoying yachts and models and exotic meals commanding empires.

I think we all have the same goals everyday of drinking water, eating, being comfortable and clean, and contributing in some way. Lets foster this and build our civilization with this as a base. Not money not nations not leaders not war, just basic human needs.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by GoatwolfeWolfgoate

hello GoatwolfeWolfgoate,
I'm pretty new here and this is really the first time I've been engaged by someone on ATS before so I think this will be intresting, for me to exchange points of view & ideas ... shall we

lets start with this "There is no trade system, everything is free." I just cant see that concept,so food is free,hows that because someone or something has to raise the food be it animals or crops? If everyone is responsible for themselves,what about the people incappable of providing for themselves or choose not to?My point is I guess is this,nothings free someone or thing has to produce it and be compensated for that service or product,this does not mean it has to be in a monotary way with currency,it could be with a return service or some sort of thing of value to the other person. How would you do it any other way?
And I thought that the Whole American experiment was to see if man could rule himself with out a king or 'leader',everyone responsible for themselves?
so when you say unity do you just mean a majority,or all inclusive for everyone?... " We are tptb. There really is strength in numbers. " you say you have them surrounded is thier to be some sort of violent revolt or mass destruction to make this change? I mean tptb wont give up thier power without a fight?..

."You overcome the religious differences, or the intangible, with the need to do the best with what we know, the tangible. We know a human body needs food water and shelter, we know the human mind works better when the human body has these things. What religion could really argue against a population determined to start doing better at life together? In this arena I think we are given the opportunity to continuously improve. This is tangible, and should be a higher priority than religion."... Good luck on that one some people wont agree on putting that in front of thier religion...

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I see this only working two ways, either as someone else earlier mentioned, a trade system, for example you give someone some bread if your a baker for a skill you may not have but your neighbour does.

Or a survival of the fittest type scenario where everybody fends for themselves with family and possibly even a small community, however the disabled die etc. which isn't really ideal because someone who is in a wheelchair isn't useless.

Nothing is free, weather you pay for it in paper money or by hunting you own food nothing is free because it still required time and time is the most valuable thing we have.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by BarmyBilly

See I agree,but would that mean living in a more primitive world with no technology,medical advancement,luxury,ect...?
And the community idea is ok but most likely a feutal system would sprout up...I just dont see everyone getting this hive mentallity,of everything is free??? I just cant bridge that one,
?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Actually The Venus Project comes up with quite a few solutions so you might like to check that out.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ufoyoshi

In a primitive way of living then i can't see technological advancements and such but you never know!

Also as someone just reminded me the venus project has some very nice idea's check it out --> Click me

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by BarmyBilly

thanks for the link,it was very intresting,I will be looking into that a little more. To me I just think alot of people are afraid of change, expecially drastic change,although we humans do have a great capasity to adapt,who knows?

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Nice to see the link to The Venus Project. I was going to see Fresco in October (for 25 dollars! I'd have paid more!) but alas he fell ill. The idea has been rolling around in my brain for quite a few years, his impact on me has been tremendous.

The way we're doing things, it's going to bring about change whether we're prepared or not. Our capacity to change seems poor, so when our methods come to their own breaking point we may find ourselves in a tough spot. The spot isn't so tough if we make the real changes ahead of time though.

One great thing about The Venus Project, it needs more opinions from everybody to make it better for everybody.

I have described a resource based economy in my own words and I'd like to share it with you. The process was fun and I tried to do a good job. I'd love to also read other original takes on the same material.

What is a Resource Based Economy and How Does it Work?

A resource based economy is a worldwide economy grounded in two things: basic indelible human needs, and the resources available to us. It is our responsibility in a resource based economy to first and foremost transform the resources to meet the basic indelible human needs of all. Through labour, organization and distribution this can be achieved easily. We can use any tool available to us to accomplish this. Mass production is not out just because mass profits are. Obviously it is economically advantageous, we do not all need little farms and livestock to feed ourselves. We need technology, skill and technique. We need to understand that our jobs contribute to a greater whole. It won't take all of the human potential and all of the resources to meet our basic human needs. We can decide on what pursuits to undertake based on the leftover resources, the leftover human potential, and our ambition toward these things.

How are we going to organize the human needs and geographic locations such that we can meet them all fairly and timely? We make use of computers and the internet. We determine what we all need to survive and this is the same for every person. We input these figures into the needs market and we organize and distribute our workforce and resources to meet these needs. Every person must have access to this information on the internet. Computers are a must. It will take a little while to make a transition from our current chaos to concerned order, but it won't take too long, and we have economic savings to help us on the way. We don't need the entire monetary system or financial markets, so there is a lot of resources and human potential gained right there. We won't need advertising if no one is selling anything, there is a lot of extra human potential and resources gained right there. I'm sure you can think of other examples.

What's more important than meeting our human needs? Is feeding yourself and your children more important? Is it more important than feeding us all? Is clothing yourself and your children more important than clothing all of us and our children? Are you more entitled to electricity or motors or technology than anyone who doesn't have it? Are you entitled to medical knowledge and expertise any more than someone in Somalia? Are you entitled to education and information and understanding beyond anyone else? Why would you be? What did you do for us that we treat you like a hero and why did you exclude them?

Now that we've established a basic respect for human life, one that would enhance even our entitled lives in a way I don't think everyone grasps, we need to establish a basic respect for human choices. We think we have the answer to this in democracy. We herald democracy as being responsible for our success and even tell the whole world that this is the way that works. Charades anyone? Democracy is a farce, it just makes the leaders appear in a better light than when they were authoritarian. Democracy is us deciding together. We don't decide anything together. We decide from 1 of 2 or more viable candidates every so many years on various levels. What if we could decide what we did with the extra resources? We can input our votes for luxuries into the wants market. We can take inventory on how much extra human potential is available to want to work toward our wants, inventory of the extra resources, and vote together on what to do with it all. We can vote more frequently than we do now, and it is us more directly deciding together than we are now. I imagine the want market can be assessed 4 times a year by all of us. Again computers are a must for this organization to be possible.

Who is going to want to roll into another country and take their resources when they are being shared as best we can? Who is going to vote to maintain the tanks and the fighter jets so that this is even possible? I understand there are religious and cultural differences but realistically these are intangible. Our basic indelible human needs are tangible, our desire to vote on extra projects is tangible. The intangible does not need to be waged war against when it gets out of control and takes precedent over the tangible. It needs to be educated, if the whole world said, "hey now..." when a religious fanatic tried to rise up I'm confident talks would open up quite quickly. 6 billion people trying to do the absolute best they can vs. One fanatical idea that claims incorrectly that it is more right? Who hasn't agreed to disagree on something because it wasn't of priority? It's time for us to work together toward the tangible and entirely tolerate the intangible so long as it never gets in the way of our basic indelible human needs.

I think you get the picture. There are resources to work with, people to work them, needs to meet, and wants to decide on. A resource based economy isn't a type of economy. It is the economy. We mangle the economy with money, borders, war, and corporations. Because we blur the lines it gives us the opportunity to scam each other for profit, that anywhere we can make profit we may live by. Because we blur the lines we only see our own survival and not our species' survival. And we're scared to clarify the lines. We are genuinely afraid that we are living bad lives. We genuinely are living bad lives. We have a great opportunity however. We have a wealth of tools, and a wealth of good people. Money and competition fostered some human development in the past. Now it is hindering human development. I'm pretty sure you know this. Let's talk about turning the page sometime. I'm around.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Global Peaceful Unification is the inevitable choice for mankind to the future!

top topics

join