It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada / U.S Superstate ? N.W.O, Now

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
does that mean that all americans will turn into CANADIANS
lol

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
As a Canadian this silent back door stuff really frosts me.
We are in a minority gov. and I am sure there will be electoral repercussions.
Anything done under the table usually hides something fishy and detrimental to our personal liberty.
We have a good way of life and have no intention of jumping into the soup pot.

Iceland did it right, it hurt but they are better for it.
The only time we have perimeter problems, it's with refugee ships. Not exactly a terror attack.
Unity is a mutual respect for others and not attempted takeovers!

Enjoy you day!

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I can't see it happening. The 2 countries are so different both economically, and politically. It would take years for us to mesh together. Our governments work completely different, our banks and monetary system are completely different. Our mortgage system, and our legal system are completely different. For Canada to adopt the practices of the US, it would just be going backwards. Most US citizens aren't even allowed to go to Cuba still. The US government is one of the biggest messes on the planet.

We have healthcare built into our taxes, and Obamacare is rumoured to start costing people up to $800 a month, or more. I'm hoping for the sake of the people, that it doesn't really end up costing them this much.

Even corporate taxes: USA is 35%, Canada is 16.5%.

We also have our infrastructure care and improvements coming from our taxes, the US taxes are going to big government and debt.

Even the postal system - the US says theirs is costing them too much money to keep going, yet Canada just raises the price of stamps a couple of cents now and again, and it works just fine.

Plus, the US/Canada border is closed for many people going either way. They want only people with no police records going through.

Also, wouldn't the Queen have something to say about all this? Afterall, we're still a commonwealth country.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit

Wow... And I was p*ssed when Harper passed the last round of corporate tax cuts. Glad I am not in the US, I probably would have stormed the white house when their corporate cuts went past 20%.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

Also, wouldn't the Queen have something to say about all this? After all, we're still a commonwealth country.

Good point.....but maybe she is behind it

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
www.whitehouse.gov... that is the link and the scroll down to statements and releases go to the 4th and look for obama and prime minister harper, i tried to do a direct link but it would not work. but yes the RCC is the real deal look out one big NAU north amercian union coming open borders for all oh joy better get out the translation books.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

www.whitehouse.gov...]http://www.whitehouse.g ov/the-press-office/2011/02/04/joint-statement-president-obama-and-prime-minister-harper-canada-regul-0

Thanks for the source....

This has to be legit....

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheSparrowSings

Originally posted by snowspirit

Wow... And I was p*ssed when Harper passed the last round of corporate tax cuts. Glad I am not in the US, I probably would have stormed the white house when their corporate cuts went past 20%.

But our tax cuts only went down from 18% to 16.5%. The USA has too much to cut to even come close to our corporate rate, so we're more likely to get foreigners wanting to open up businesses here, than in the US. I even remember hearing on CNN that when we "slashed" our rate 1.5%, that they were worried about losing some of their businesses to Canada, especially those close to the border.

Now, Canada is even starting a task force to find out how to get Canadians more financially literate, starting with some type of schooling starting in elementary school. The US government sounds as though they would not want their people being so literate financially, they still keep telling them to spend their way out of recession, while Canadians are being told to try to save, and to try to get out of debt.

Even the way our 2 governments deal with their people, is so different.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
We are already owned by the US, look around, there is nothing owned by canadians anymore. Every store and a heavy majority of our corporations are owned by US companies.

We might as well live in America because they have taken over at this point. Canadian tire isn't even Canadian anymore, target is taking over zellers, we sold Tim Hortons, it's almost amazing that we have stood buy and watched this. But with our corporate tax at 16.5% can you blame US corps?

Maybe it's because I live in Alberta, but this has already happened in my eyes. Maybe it will make it easier for me to movie to Hawaii now.

Pred...

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMSEEKER

Also, wouldn't the Queen have something to say about all this? After all, we're still a commonwealth country.

Good point.....but maybe she is behind it

So, maybe the title should read USA, Canada's Super province?

Harper was an economist before he was our Prime Minister. Taking on another 330,000,000 people, and figuring out how to get them out of debt, would certainly be a good challenge for him and Flaherty

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Now this is interesting.... and so are the answers here. Why does it have to be an Anti-American 'fear' piece? Or why would the US have to be the one taking over Canada?

Why would Canada with the strongest economy and banking system in the world suddenly join up with, or become part of the US which has the worst economy, and biggest debt in the world?????? This makes entirely no sense at all..... At All.

If something like this were to ever happen.... If you care to take notice... Canada is the one that sells water to the US. Canada is the one that sells electricity to the US. Canada is the one that sells oil to the US. Canada is the one that sells natural gas to the US. So Canada is the one keeping the US alive. Without these resources from Canada, the US would never be able to sustain itself given it's overpopulation in terms to countries natural resources.

I bet that the Canadian governemnt could infiltrate the US with this type of event(IF it were to ever happen) and the US people would never even know by simply keeping a 'US' label on the land area.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Why Canada will not be combined with the United States: Canada has a totally different political system, even if they were a republic it would still be based on the Westminister system (ie: a Canadian president in place of the Governor General), rather than an American style republic where the president is both head of state and head of government.

As it stands, neither of the 2 main Canadian political parties are in favor of a republic and while the monarchy may not be popular many Canadians see it as the one thing that makes them distinct from the United States. Even if in the very distant future they do decide to abolish the monarchy and become a republic they will almost certainly keep the Westminster system. Like I said though, I don't think it's going to happen anytime soon. Same for Australia and New Zealand. Maybe (and that's a big maybe) after Queen Elizabeth II dies/abdicates but I don't see that happening anytime soon either given than her mother lived to be 101 and shes only 84.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

We're a commonwealth country that couldn't give a flying f*** about the 'the queen'. 99.99999999999999999% of Canadians want to rid the connection to the UK all together.

edit on 11-2-2011 by loagun because: forgot the 'ing' on flying

edit on 11-2-2011 by loagun because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by loagun

Actually most polls indicate that very few care either way. As it stands neither if your main political parties want anything to do with a republic.

Why get rid of the monarchy? It only costs you $2 a year. A republic would cost much more than that, look no further than Barack Obama.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisF231
Why Canada will not be combined with the United States: Canada has a totally different political system, even if they were a republic it would still be based on the Westminister system (ie: a Canadian president in place of the Governor General), rather than an American style republic where the president is both head of state and head of government.

As it stands, neither of the 2 main Canadian political parties are in favor of a republic and while the monarchy may not be popular many Canadians see it as the one thing that makes them distinct from the United States.

The biggest distinction I see, is the crazy government down there. Americans are so similar to Canadians in many ways, but the government is so ridiculously complicated, and huge, and now Obama has hired a Czar for everything conceivable
You only have to watch a variety of American news shows to realize how hard it is for anything worthwhile to get pushed through the government process.

Then there's the election process that starts years in advance of the elections. The US has already been planning 2012 since a couple of years ago, and when/if we have an election, we hear about, and a couple of months later, it's all done and finished, with a lot less expense too. With physically countable paper ballots. We know who our leader is before we go to bed, the night of the election.

Most of the time, we even forget we still have a Queen
She shows up once every couple of years, calls herself a Canadian, then she's gone again.......

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
It is quite possible though that all these unions being created as of lately between Canada and the US are in preparation to the *possible* pole shift that is coming in which major parts of the USA are completely wiped out. Canada is said to recieve some coastal damage, but in comparison to the rest of the world become a 'Utopian' country.

Maybe after such an event a joint-type amalgamation may take place. At a time when such a joining would be seen as 'for the good of the people'..... Canada saving the US once again.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
CBC News Link

This happened, kinda. Sounds good to me......so far. Needing a passport to get to Mighty Taco is a bit much, you know? Could also be the first steps towards, well....we shall cross that bridge when we get to it I suppose.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by MetalCoffeeL
CBC News Link

This happened, kinda. Sounds good to me......so far. Needing a passport to get to Mighty Taco is a bit much, you know? Could also be the first steps towards, well....we shall cross that bridge when we get to it I suppose.

from your link "At the end of meetings with U.S. President Barack Obama, Harper said Canada's sovereignty isn't in question. "Our objective here is to make sure Canadians are safer and more secure.""

More like make sure the resources Canada sells the US are more secure. I am all for this too. Canadians are too sovereign to ever let something like this effect their 'sovereignty'. These Unions are are just to protect one thing, and one things only. The natural resources. If the world is going to hell in the next few years, the US is going to protect them because they need Canada to continue the supply, and Canada wants that protection so it can continue profiting from selling those resources to the US and the rest of the world.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MetalCoffeeL

I can drive to Mighty Taco in 5 minutes........are you jealous yet??

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by loagun

"Our objective here is to make sure Canadians are safer and more secure.""

That's exactly the problem. Canada doesn't need to be more secure. This is still post 9/11 paranoia.
We will give them access to all our resources in exchange of some "security".?!?!?!? Security from what? I think they only security we need is from Mosantos and Halliburton and these type of corporations who will have an even easier access to f@ck our resources.

He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither. [B.Franklin]

Might be our turn...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join