It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An open letter to the Egyptian people

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
February 11,2011 Egyptian Independance Day : Congratulations to the people of Egypt you are free.You have my admiration.You acheived your independance by peaceful means.Your government tried to make you violent, but you stood your ground,and on the world stage of the media for all the world to see,you achieved your goal.Peaceful independance.Congratulations!! Stay Free!
edit on 2/11/2011 by lonegurkha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Well put op..Well put.. Star and Flag for you!

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
i agree, the egyptian people are a huge inspiration

keep up the good work

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by lonegurkha

Well said sir and if they can do it so can the rest of us . We have the information and awareness we just need the WILL to do it .

edit on 11-2-2011 by Doomzilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I concur. Well done Egyptians. Excellent watching you fight for your freedom!

Peace for all.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Doomzilla

I'm hoping democracy does spread through the ME because, that might just be the spark to make people realize, hey, I actually do have power!

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I watched the egyptian people every day.I couldn't have more admiration not just for the people ,but for the military who kept the peace and let the people speak.This is the most awesome thing I have seen in my 56 years.The potential here is mind boggeling.Man that has to be some party.
edit on 2/11/2011 by lonegurkha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thought id drop this in too. Just a reiteration of the good that was done in Egypt. I just hope it ends up alright... The last thing needed is religious fundamentalism to show it's ugly head.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I am so amazed at the lack of violence! What a fantastic event! This is how it should be done.

Egypt - I celebrate with you! Congratulations!

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Congratulations Egyptian People. Use your freedom wisely.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

S & F.

I am amazed and extremely impressed with both the protesters and the military; incredible displays of restraint.

The only violence I know of was perpetrated by Mubarak's thugs. I bet they are crapping big piles of pink twinkies right about now.

One of the first things the military must do to continue the goodwill they have with the people now, and show that they truly intend only to hold power during a transition to the democracy the people are demanding is to end the 30 year "state of emergency".

The next step would be to establish an interim civilian council under complete transparency, that would begin the work on a new provisional constitution. A referendum would need to be held so that the people could give their stamp of approval, perhaps under the scrutiny international observers.

This would put in place a framework for elections to be held and the basic rule of law. Then the freely elected government could finalize the interim constitution.

That's all down road, but for now CONGRATULATIONS EGYPT!

edit on 11-2-2011 by mydarkpassenger because: typo

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Wow. All I can say is WOW......

Congratulations, Egypt. I don't even have words to express how happy I am for all of you, I hope your dreams come to light.

You showed us what a real, heartfelt and honest "YES WE CAN!!", is really all about.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Congrats to the people of Egypt!

I have watched it since it started. Good for them!

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Wait, I though Mubarak did not step down. If he did then I am glad that this got resolved. It's not done yet I don't think.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
I travelled through Egypt in the 80's and I loved that beautiful country with the warm hearted people! As part of a tour group I travelled through much of Egypt and then spent some time in Cairo alone. Never once did I feel unsafe or threatened.

It was with great sadness I watched the events unfold as the Egyptian people fought for their rights. It was so sad to see the riots and deaths. I held my breath as I heard that the National Treasures in the Museum and elsewhere were under threat.

So today I wish the warm hearted Egyptians many blessings for their hard fought freedom from a tyrannical rule. May your country continue to be a haven for all those who love history, archeology and the desert sands.

Sending you much love and light.

top topics

join