It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To Egypt...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I am so happy for you. I am so proud of what you have achieved today.

I love your country and your people - I have been there 5 times and travelled as far and wide as I could throughout the country and found nothing but amazing people and incredible warmth from them. Your intelligence, humour and humbleness are a credit to your nation and I long to come back to you again as soon as I can afford to and have the time.

I wish you well in what you are trying to achieve and hope the world sees the example you have set and the way you held yourself up in the face of what could have been a terrible and horrific outcome.

Do not forget what you fought for and do not accept second best or the politics of hate and divisiveness.

I wish you peace and prosperity and a bright future for you all without fear or repression.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by justyc

100% agree with you.

This is a new era for Egypt

PTB take note!

edit on 11/2/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Obviously they have the will to make change, lets just hope they have the guidance to take their new found freedom in the right direction......

GO PEOPLE OF EGYPT!!!!

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I think they need to keep doing exactly what they've been. Hosni needs to leave, NOW for any change to come. Otherwise I think they're (Hosni's whole regime) gonna sit-out as much time as they can waste, and plant as many seeds deeep, before departure.

I'm very envious of Egyptians, as I am American. Goodluck and prosper.

Jeenyus

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by jeenyus2008

He has.

You are behind the times!

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
i forgot also to give an honourable mention to al jazeera website who have covered the demonstrations throughout egypt live for weeks now.

english.aljazeera.net...

who can fail to be moved by the reaction of the people who still haven't stopped cheering in?

understand now that you need to take time to lay out what you expect of your government - miracles can happen but sometimes not overnight. do it right and your example will shine out for others to follow!

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by justyc

Egypt now is free thank u justyc

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by justyc

Egypt now is free thank u justyc

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
let us not forget also the real cost to achieve this outcome...
the people who died

beautiful people.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Haha I'm sorry, I just woke up. I always stay up too late on this website. I have also heard the news! Congrats Egypt!

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
To Egypt,

Thank you for this lesson in humility, for showing us here stateside that "We the People" actually still means something. Thank you for reminding us that people still have power in this world and that peace and freedom can still be won through non-violence.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

exactly! watching the live coverage has been an amazing experience - seeing how the pro-mubarak supporters were caught amongst the people and how the people did their best to hand them back unharmed because they didn't want violence or hate to get in the way of what they wanted.

this is how you change your world - you simply stand up, en masse for a better life for all and show that you are better than those that would try to oppress you. you don't resort to their tactics. there's more of the people than of the oppressors.

the opportunity egypt has for change will not come again in their lifetime and i have much hope that they will bring something great for their country and show how tolerance and intelligence can win out in the end.

i can't wait to go back there.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
As a British ex-pat living in Egypt for over a year now, the past few weeks have been an experience I shall never forget. I share in your celebrations and dreams for a new Egypt from this day forward.

Long Live the people of Egypt, be proud of what you have accomplished against all the odds.

-Freelancer-
edit on 11/2/2011 by Freelancer because: typo

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Freelancer

what a unique position you are in here at ats to report the feelings of those around you. please update us as to what is going on around you.

i would so love to retire to egypt. something about the place just pulls at the heart every time i go there. you are so lucky

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Great topic and thank you justyc for creating this, I would like to express my gratitude and also congratulations to the Egyptians people and their movement against the tyranny.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
It is great that the reign of Mubarak is over; it signals change.

but this change has nothing to do with the People of Egypt.

in fact, this is a bad sign for the Egyptians.

It was TPTB that allowed the Egpytian Revolution to succeed. Do you really think the U.S.A would allow Mubarak to step down if they didn't have a plan?

The plan;
become an artist and draw it yourself, or be like an appreciator and look at the art after it is complete.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProphetEzekiel
It is great that the reign of Mubarak is over; it signals change.

but this change has nothing to do with the People of Egypt.

in fact, this is a bad sign for the Egyptians.

It was TPTB that allowed the Egpytian Revolution to succeed. Do you really think the U.S.A would allow Mubarak to step down if they didn't have a plan?

The plan;
become an artist and draw it yourself, or be like an appreciator and look at the art after it is complete.

Like I said many time in my other posts.

This kind of revolution happened to my country 32 years ago, it hit hard at first but it will be rewarding.

It makes you independent. The most precious and important thing in the Middle East area. For the start and “I personally hope” that they stop “giving away” their natural resources to their arch enemy!

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan
reply to post by justyc

100% agree with you.

This is a new era for Egypt

PTB take note!

edit on 11/2/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

And i believe the PTB were much behind the revolution, just like the PTB did in eastern eupore to create PRO American and pro western governments in the countries.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Congratulations to Egypt and all Egyptians, now they have the opportunity to start a new life.

But that life, as any starting life, may go in any direction, so with it comes the responsibility of deciding what to do with their future, and I hope that they do the right choices.

Originally posted by ProphetEzekiel
I agree, it took to long, so TPTB had enough time to make their plans.

But the future is unpredictable, and I am an optimist.

Originally posted by amkia
This kind of revolution happened to my country 32 years ago, it hit hard at first but it will be rewarding.
The revolution that happened 35 years ago in my country was different, it was a military revolution that had the support of the people from the first minute the news were known, and it all happened in one day.

It's always good to see the people choose their destiny, but there's always the danger of making bad choices, they just have to learn how to get back in the right direction as fast as they can.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by justyc

S & F

I'll second this. I could not believe my eyes this morning.

new topics

top topics

join