It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The revolution, Egypt and the example it is giving the world !!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Every now and then a populace opposes it's Government, in this case those people are Egyptians that are tired of being oppressed by an ever more greedy and self absorbed leader who imposes more and more taxes and laws to control the population.

To me it's a beautiful site to see all these people get together and peacefully demonstrate against Mubarak. Regardless of religious beliefs, Christians protecting those of Islam faith while they practice afternoon prayers, fighting back, arms interlocked no mater the race or religion. I must say that to me...That is impressive.

Those that are violent are not tolerated within the opposing movement. The true violence comes from the Pro-Mubarak demonstrators.....It's insane.

We as westerners have a lesson to learn from these brave Egyptians, we nag, bitch and complain and keep saying that the end of freedom as we know it is at our door step but we still do nothing and fallow like sheep lead to the slaughter house......

Even with the freedom of speech that we have, aren't we still being crushed and muzzled, we can express ourselves but can't do it in a way we choose because we might just be put on a watch list and visited by Government officials.

You want to test your freedom, bring a hand held video camera with you and start filming or take pictures of the white house, do that for a couple of hours ans see how much attention you will bring to yourself, same applies for Canadians here....Take pictures of Parliament hill or even the American Embassy....LOL....The RCMP will be all over you in minutes...That's not freedom that is monitoring the choices that they gave you.

Vote but vote for the less evil, vote for change that ends up being the same, vote for a revolution in thinking that never happens, vote for the sake and freedom of voting but now we can seriously wonder if our vote, our voice is truly being heard and considered.

We've been jaded on purpose, encouraged indirectly to shut up, discouraged from voting and silencing your voice.

Isn't time that we start standing up, take example on these brave Egyptians, hold our Governments accountable and let them know that our voice does indeed count, we are a strong people regardless of color, race or religions, we have to start shouting louder and louder, stomp our feet and raise our fists........We are free nations, we are free people let's remind the Government, let's show them that the sheep can kick the wolf's ass !!!!

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Mubarak Just stepped Down.

I just thought you should know - it goes towards the example the Egyptians are setting.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
obviously you dont have a full understanding as to why they are revolting. Yes they dont like the curfew etc etc and they dont have as many freedoms, but its because of food. Russia stopped its exporting and some other things happened. No food no life, whats left to do? If other countries either find food at 10 dollars for a loaf of bread well i assume ull expect the same thing. Unless the fed or some other printing press makes billions or tillions, and distributes it to the idiots that that the government supports and then they can stay happy for another year.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Revolution in Egypt ( From CNN front page )

Wild cheers erupted from tens of thousands of demonstrators in Cairo's Tahrir Square as word spread that Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak had resigned, relinquishing power after three decades of iron-clad rule. The crowd chanted, "Egypt is free!"

Why do you think Russia stopped exporting to Egypt ??...Full story or not Egypt was in full right to revolt. Good lord !!!

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Well I got that info from the genius of geniuses, stefan molyneux. Go to freedomainradio.com and watch the video called "Egypt: Starvation, Revolution and the Price of Statism" it has a great explanation as to why the revolution is happening.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Egypt has not and will not set any example.

One should perhaps seek a far more deeper interpretation into the domino effect rather than going on a spontaneous emotional and psychological driven response.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Fox Molder

Isn't time that we start standing up, take example on these brave Egyptians, hold our Governments accountable and let them know that our voice does indeed count, we are a strong people regardless of color, race or religions, we have to start shouting louder and louder, stomp our feet and raise our fists........We are free nations, we are free people let's remind the Government, let's show them that the sheep can kick the wolf's ass !!!!

I totally agree. And the sad thing is, why do we Americans have to experience others doing this before they themselves revolt against an oppressive government? Do we always have to wait for an example to act? People, we are an armed populace, unlike Egypt. We are millions, the Banking Cartels that run America are few, and most are old. The lobbies already own the Congress, they cannot be trusted to do the business of America, and that cannot even enforce their own laws! The Lobby tells the Congress what to do, and they do it. The Rich Elite say what the prices of products are, and they fund both sides of ever war since the Revolution. We are constantly bombarded with Terror Threats. Even your body is owned by a private company, and the ultimate goal is to track our every move. When, America?

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by tristar
Egypt has not and will not set any example.

One should perhaps seek a far more deeper interpretation into the domino effect rather than going on a spontaneous emotional and psychological driven response.

You only speak for yourself, obviously, but examples can be found everywhere in what has and is happening in Egypt. It's up to the individual to learn by those who set these apparent examples. Pity you only see complication and the need to provide such a negative response to the OP than share something you have learned.

At least I understood this post you made, you so often talk nonsense that only makes sense to yourself.

If the power of people in such huge numbers can make the changes that have happened over there and rid themselves of such a terrible leader, how can that not be an example? A big one.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot

Originally posted by tristar

At least I understood this post you made, you so often talk nonsense that only makes sense to yourself.

Hey, thanks, but some of my posts are not intended to make sense, well to the majority, but are purely directed to particular members. I do apologize if you are not within that group of members.

top topics

join