It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meat-Eating Furniture? Also a tool in insect control.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I came across this today. It seems they are trying to convert bio-mass into electricity. It is still in the early stages, but it seems like they are on to something. I hope you all enjoy the video and article as much as I did.

source

You're not going to like this. I didn't. Nobody I've shown it to has. But the designers who thought it up, James Auger and Jimmy Loizeau, are provocateurs, so they don't mind if you hate what they've done. So here it is: meat-eating furniture. Let's begin with their digital wall clock, which doesn't need a battery or a plug because it gets its energy from eating flies.

I would like to request a radio that runs off insects like mosquitoes and black flies that can be used outdoors on the patio by the pool during the summer.
edit on 11-2-2011 by Corruption Exposed because:

edit on 11-2-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I must admit that there are probably better ways to produce electricity, but this would be more cost effective and would have less of an impact on the environment. I wonder if the process would work the same with plant matter, I would use my lawnmower trimmings and the leaves that fall during the fall season.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Now this could be a good business to invest in. If they make some nice chairs that work off this meat eating principle I would buy a couple and put them around my dinner table. Then I'd invite my in laws over for a nice Sunday Dinner, seat them at the table and excuse myself while I did 'last minute' dinner prep in the kitchen. This could be the beginning of wonderful things.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by withopeneyes

That is a brilliant idea!

I always thought my in laws are too full of energy.

top topics

join