It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mubarak Steps Down as President, Army Takes Over

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
CNN announced the protestors plan to stay put for at least 2 more days. No other source, sorry. The celebrations have been going on for hours - what do the people do now. Can they go home now, is it safe - they have lives - will they take up where they left off? Will food be available to everyone. Will there be jobs? Or are they just now beginning their quest.

Peace and Honor for the Egyptian people.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Are the interwebz still down over there? I keep thinking how critical it is for them to maintain communication amongst themselves. If they are indeed detached and adrift in a new freedom, they will need to begin organizing and utilizing this time to discuss and make decisions about their future. Can you imagine this happening without stable inner communication? Idle energy may invite chaos if not harnessed and redirected for good.

Peace,
spec

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Its all thats on the news media outputs,it never seizes to amuse me how we have all become observers watching our own zoo,via the cable,sat ,or TV.My, how easily our brains saturate with promises that are never delivered.
Another dream that will go wrong !Such hope for a new nation,best of luck ,because thats all first world countries do.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Good for them!!!! Considering circumstance the were very civil and their perseverance paid off. The world can learn a lot from Egypt.

Condolences to the family's that lost their loved one's, they will always be remembered.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
This Revolution is only beginning this is going to spread through out the ME and beyond.Let's see if the Iranian resistance can also do this.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by mike dangerously

Ya think?

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
"When people say, "There is peace and security," destruction will strike them as suddenly as labor pains come to a pregnant woman, and they will not be able to escape."

-1 Thessalonians 5:3

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
...*Mod Edit: Needless personal comment removed*...

back on the topic - IMO Mubarak stepping down is awesome. Anytime the people are heard it is awesome.
But I also worry what the future holds for Egypt, there are going to be massive challenges ahead for the people - thats for sure.

edit on 12-2-2011 by alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Right now, there is absolutely no candidates for presidency and if 2005 elections taught us anything, is that the selection will be very very lame. They got nobody I'm not kidding and unless ElBaradai or Zewal go for it then pretty much nothing.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
He was between a rock and a hard place and needed to be able to find a place for himself in a future Egyptian society. Glad he followed our advice here on ATS, what a great outcome, very happy today about this. Well done Hosni for giving it up today instead of waiting another week. Sorry to hear about the bank accounts..

All is well that ends well, and this thing looks like it's going to have a wonderful outcome for the people of Egypt and by extension the young people of the Middle East, to chart a new course.

Very pleased with this.

Way to go courageous protestors! You did it!

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
This how they will install military dictatorships all over the world.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by FIFIGI

The circumstance is totally different in Egypt. The military there is hard wired directly into their society at all levels. They'll get their fair free and open elections, and what a day that will be! No worries I don't think.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   

I'm thinking more that Iran is the force behind the revolutions. If they get religious control of Egypt then Jordan maybe Israel is in the crap big time. I mean that is what Iran wants isn't it?

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   

I'm thinking more that Iran is the force behind the revolutions. If they get religious control of Egypt then Jordan maybe Israel is in the crap big time. I mean that is what Iran wants isn't it?

Double post due to dongle crash then resent?

edit on 12-2-2011 by ufoorbhunter because: Dongle crash

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
yea Obama and his administration did it !

let freedom ring... Obama is for the revolutionaries didn't you know ?

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ufoorbhunter

this supposed revolution was televised and for a good reason, a reason above winning votes for the next elections...

real revolutions do not come via peaceful demonstration in the real world, revolutions for the people come via force in overthrowing dictators with the help of outsiders. Real revolutions are discredited and are you are lead to believe that it is not the way to get things done... only horrible images of death and destruction are fed to you to quell you and keep one confused.

the only politics that exist are deceptions... for everything is a class struggle here and abroad, this is the secret face of revolution which is masked from you via politics and the pitting of the populace against eachother.

there was no revolution in Egypt beyond the fact that the images you seen of people in the streets were seemingly in their minds protesting Americanism and Israel.

I suggest to both sides of the political spectrum of Americans in and who read this topic to wake up and smell the Constitution.

Lines are really fuzzy now and alot of people are living in the past while others are living in total mind controlled conspiracy land. Adherence to the founding principals of your Constitution are the only way to bring about change both sides of the political spectrum really want to see.

the belief system in which your Constitution is being assaulted on many levels, you are being systematically led to believe it is cool to not believe in your real revolutionary and domestic terrorist for a good reason.

Although I am Jedi religion I believe the principals in which the Constitution and this Nation were founded upon were the principals of the Greek and Judeo-Christian philosophy.

I have read of the Christians Christ Jesus and believe him to be a brave and honorable man... his ideals ultimately led to your forefathers who drafted your constitution and to rise up against the rich aristocracy of the British empire and Roman Catholicism, the wool is being pulled over your eyes and alot are submitting to the rules of injustice which protect a limited few from the hoards of peasants ready to tear down their protection from the real truth.

may the force be with you all !

edit on 2/12/2011 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by DuneKnight
Right now, there is absolutely no candidates for presidency and if 2005 elections taught us anything, is that the selection will be very very lame. They got nobody I'm not kidding and unless ElBaradai or Zewal go for it then pretty much nothing.

what about someone from the population ? a charismatic member of the community who is in tune with what the people of Egypt really want ? why does the selection have to be masked every election just as it is in this country... and only open or available to a limited few.

people here and abroad need to start looking to members of their own communities and class for equal justice.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

There ya go, Martial Law. At least the heads of the USSA should be happy with that.
They could pickup some pointers for the next up and coming event.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

this was the right course of action, but i think he had been in power for too long, and he may have been a bit power hungry, it wasn't a good idea to hold on.. lives were lost because of that.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join