It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mubarak Steps Down as President, Army Takes Over

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
This must have something to do with the shaking of the earth..Just look at how the earth is shaking all over....Link: aslwww.cr.usgs.gov...

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

S & F.

Could not agree more! The Egyptians deserve the right to self-determination. Both the protesters and the army have shown remarkable restraint during these protests. Mubarak's thugs were the only ones I saw inciting violence.

Some of the cynics think this happened too fast to be legit.

They don't realize this is the culmination of years of work by Egyptians around the world. It takes time to build the fireworks, but once the fuse is lit, look out brother.

As far as becoming another Iran, I doubt it: Egyptians are probably per capita the most secular of all arab nations. They are not going to oust one regime just to fall under another one.

Here's a bellweather to gauge the army's intents: how fast they lift that bogus so-called "state of emergency" that enabled a dictatorship for 30 years?

How soon till they establish a civilian council with full international transparency to work on an interim constitution, to set a framework for free elections?

That will tell us more about what today's Egyptian army intends than a ton of speculation. The bulk of the army is probably just as sick of these regimes as the civilians are: they grew up under it too.

Don't think the army leadership doesn't realize this. I think it will keep them honest if they don't want a mutiny of epic proportions.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Caji316

No.

Earthquakes don't = Revolution

Unless Im missing something?

EDIT: Okay it kinda could if the city was destroyed. But that isnt the case. lol
edit on 2/11/2011 by drew1749 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

I still have to wonder why Obama stayed out of the Iranian situation, but was so adamant about Egypt.

That one is easy..

I believe It is because Obummer is scared of Iran.

He lives in this fairy tale world, where everyone is happy
and get along. Where everyone wants peace and democracy... Which is unrealistic!

Obummer does not want the *BLOOD* on his hands because
he wants to look and act like he is a peace-keeper
(which in reality he can't do a damn thing about it).

If he stood up to Iran, he knows it would lead to a bloody revolution.

Would that be better for the world in the end? I think so...

He wants to be giving support to freeing Egypt,
because it is an EASY political ploy. He doesn't want to look bad (we have a election coming up).

Freeing and taking action on Iran would be a HARD political ploy.
An actual revolution. A real fight!!!! He wont touch it..

What he is doing is exactly what the elite and TPTB want, what is planned by and for the NWO.

The political group which is very strong in Egypt is the muslim brotherhood (the most organized).

They call for the destruction of Israel and the USA, the infidels,
they want everyone under a one world sharia law and bring on the apocalypse.
(they are freaking crazy religious zealots!!)
TPTB are helping in destabilizing the middle east!!

THIS IS REAL PEOPLE IT IS DANGEROUS!!
THIS WILL NOT LEAD TO PEACE BUT DESTRUCTION!!
edit on 11-2-2011 by hillynilly because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

Absolutely agree. I think some people see brown humans and get scared, that fear grows exponentially when they see a woman with a scarf on her head.

I think people underestimate Egypt, or they let their fear take over. Egypt is one of the most secular mid east societies, it's people are well educated, and given the protest strategy I think the world witnessed their peacefulness (among other attributes).

I do not fear Egypt falling into the hands of extremist and it is a completely different situation than Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan, etc. Let the people handle themselves, they have proven themselves more than capable.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by hillynilly

I agree with you to an extent because i believe that islamists are being allowed into power for a reason.

Israel's ultimate goal is to expand from Nile to Eupharates and in order to achieve that it's neighbours have to wage a war against it. Israel will easily defeat Hamas, Hezbollah, Iran, Muslim Brotherhood with the help of US and NATO. Obviously US/NATO will do most of the dirty work while israel becomes the new financial center and super power.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

Yep.

Funny thing is I'm a brown human too. lol.

And part Jew - yet I am cheering the hell out of shape for the events over the last 18 days.

I always cheer when a people take their god-given rights in hand and fight against overwhelming odds for their freedom.

I wish the Egyptians all the luck in world. They are good, kind and warm people.

Every human being deserves the right to self determination!

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
reply to post by boondock-saint

Well you're entering into murky territory there and I think you know it. Most of my Jewish friends are athiests but they still consider themselves jewish. I don't want to get into the "are jews a race" thing. Thats for another thread (and I believe its been covered here)

Please stop, looking at your post history I doubt someone like you would have any "Jewish" friends, especially since you seem to despise them so much.

So if someone is an atheist and rejects God but has Jewish parents or background then how in the world is he still considered to be a follower of Judaism??

Does this same logic work for those with Christian or Muslim backgrounds but are atheists??

So all Arabs are Muslims, all Europeans are Christian, and all Indians are Hindus??

Stereotypes much??

You really are starting to sound like a racist bigot who has a chip on his shoulder

edit on 11-2-2011 by Steam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by forklift

I agree with you to an extent because i believe that islamists are being allowed into power for a reason.

Israel's ultimate goal is to expand from Nile to Eupharates and in order to achieve that it's neighbours have to wage a war against it. Israel will easily defeat Hamas, Hezbollah, Iran, Muslim Brotherhood with the help of US and NATO. Obviously US/NATO will do most of the dirty work while israel becomes the new financial center and super power.

That version of the future sucks.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

the revolution was planned by the military and not the people?

That would explain a lot wouldn't it,

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I am an American.

How can we celebrate freedom anymore, even as we sanction the oppression of others?

We have to be on the side of right or we fail the ideals our forefathers stood for.

Freedom is not anglo-saxon specific: it's the right of all mankind.

That's the ideal I served for. I celebrate those brave Egyptians and pray they get the democracy they so deserve.

I think we will see more wonders in the coming days, and I hope we will be on the side of freedom.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

They are not going to oust one regime just to fall under another one.

That is if they have a choice, they have the same hated police force, and the same military officials.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

How would Obama have been so sure this would not have been a bloody revolution?

People think Obama is ignorant, I think he knows exactly what he is doing.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

That is if they have a choice, they have the same hated police force, and the same military officials.

If you remember, the military shut down the secret police instigating the violence. I am optimistic - long road ahead, but they've taken the hardest step.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

They look like a bunch of warm and fuzzy nice guys to me...

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by mydarkpassenger

If you remember, the military shut down the secret police instigating the violence. I am optimistic - long road ahead, but they've taken the hardest step.

I was hoping today, that yes, it is a youth movement, that they wanted to bring Egypt into the 21 century, but some things I noticed are worrisome.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

They know something though.

If they ordered the rank and file military against the citizens, they'd have one massive mutiny on their hands.

The guys in the Egyptian army grew up under a dictatorship.

I'd bet they are as sick of it as anyone else.

In their place? I'd sure as hell mutiny against that order.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
What ever are you celebrating and cheering for? Nothing has changed. The Army has been in charge of Egypt since 1952. It was in charge last week. It was in charge yesterday. It's in charge today. All that has happened here is that the Army has purged one unpopular member from its ranks. And the people love it as much as they do the Army, which is the most trusted institution in Egypt.

The most important point here is that the basic infrastructure of the Egyptian government, with the Army in charge, has not changed a bit. "The people" are not in charge in Egypt. "The people" did not create a revolution to overthrow the Egyptian government. What really happened is that the Army staged a coup to overthrow Mubarak. So put away the party hats and get real here.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by mydarkpassenger
reply to post by SLAYER69

They know something though.

If they ordered the rank and file military against the citizens, they'd have one massive mutiny on their hands.

The guys in the Egyptian army grew up under a dictatorship.

I'd bet they are as sick of it as anyone else.

In their place? I'd sure as hell mutiny against that order.

Exactly. In Egypt as with many other countries, military service is mandatory (at least for the men folk). When such a system is employed the separation between military and civilian isn't a cut as it is in the States (or other places with a strictly volunteer system).

Both systems are the same thread, just at different points in life, you either are going to serve, are serving, or have served.

The military people have dealt with the same torture as the civilians at some point, which to me makes them far less likely to support a similar system, even at their own hand. There are far more people fed up with the way things have been run than aren't.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
While what has happened in Egypt is a victory for peaceful protests and democracy please don't get too excited! What we have all just watched is the beginning of world war 3... Democracy and freedom are ideals not encouraged by the middle east states. I think world leaders will now be preparing themselves for the conflict to come. My bet is for the Suez canal to be blockaded and then for Israel to ignite the blue touch paper that will ignite the new world war...
Pick your side, place your bet and kiss your arse goodbye people cos it's all about to get bloody...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join