It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mubarak Steps Down as President, Army Takes Over

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by hillynilly
Some might think *great their free*..

The thing is it will all back fire.

Your going to have another hostile middle eastern state.

The muslim brotherhood already have people imbedded into the government affairs..

This will become another Iran, a false freedom. There will be more tyranny then ever in the years to come.

The marjority there are still primitive. Yes they are advanced in middle eastern terms, but
in the way we view things and hold a republic they can not yet.

They are years behind in development compared to the USA, Europe, and England.

I pray for the best though, let thy wills be done.
edit on 11-2-2011 by hillynilly because: (no reason given)

I believe you just spared the israeli foreign minister a lot of pen time... he will just cut and paste this rather than come up with his own propaganda.

good work mate

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by tom goose

It's not propaganda, just open up a history book and see what happen in Iran 30-50 years ago
and where it got them..

We are talking about a nuclear arms race in the middle east soon. (can we say a leaked dirty bomb)

History always repeats itself. This is all mastered by TPTB, the elite
this is in their design for the NWO. (which is rly the OWO)

You think the suez canal is *no big deal* well when you can't drive to work one
day, or when your kids are enslaved in this whole thing.

When this all implodes you will think back, *damn I was ignorant at one point in my life*

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by tom goose
this will just buy enough time to implement emergency checkpoint protocols to quell the next one, plus an internet kill switch so no other videos go viral to start something like this again

nothing has changed.... not unless it's planned

Sorry im not one for negative replies..... but if it was all planned or not can you not see how happy the people are, how this makes people feel things can change, how even if it is false (which I don't think it is) it gives people the belief and fire to try to make a change....

I have to say you must live in a cloud of permanent negativity, i believe that the world needs to improve don't get me wrong... but your post.... no need for it on a time like this...

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM
What the Egyptians can do, the world can do!

No more Empires. No more tyrrany. No more control!

Let freedom ring!

Empires though are more outward facing. I don't see anything wrong with a democratic empire... as long as it is a government of the people and by the people...

And oh yes there is much control in democracy... only it's in the hands of the majority of the populace.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
WOOHOO! Go EGYPT! They should build a new pyramid.

I bet the Google exec will run for Egyptian office.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by hillynilly

History only seems to repeat itself to those that don't know the details.

The situation in Egypt is nothing like Iran, when you actually look past the fact that both countries are categorized as middle eastern.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
Empires though are more outward facing. I don't see anything wrong with a democratic empire... as long as it is a government of the people and by the people...

And oh yes there is much control in democracy... only it's in the hands of the majority of the populace.

When the power of LOVE is greater than the love of POWER;
Then the world will know peace! - Prophet Jimi Hendrix

My friend no man has power or a right to power over another. Every form of Government oppresses some for the sake of others. The power corrupts itself and grows into the beast the world faces now. If we cannot learn to love and be free, then we will always remain enslaved by our passions.

Have you seen the Plan at the bottom of my posts?

With Love,

Your Brother
edit on 11-2-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by hillynilly

I think you just agreed with me. anyway i agree with you. this may not have been planned from the beginning but the audibles that can be performed here are endless

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOdogg

this will just buy enough time to implement emergency checkpoint protocols to quell the next one, plus an internet kill switch so no other videos go viral to start something like this again

nothing has changed.... not unless it's planned

Sorry im not one for negative replies..... but if it was all planned or not can you not see how happy the people are, how this makes people feel things can change, how even if it is false (which I don't think it is) it gives people the belief and fire to try to make a change....

I have to say you must live in a cloud of permanent negativity, i believe that the world needs to improve don't get me wrong... but your post.... no need for it on a time like this...

there won't be time... by end of the year, most of the world will regret those protest even took place. everything will be blamed on that

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Time will tell if this is a good thing in the wider picture. The Egyptian people didn't want Mubarak, but do they know what they want afterwards....or what they'll actually get?

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

there won't be time... by end of the year, most of the world will regret those protest even took place. everything will be blamed on that

Are you suggesting that the world's population will regret the protests or governments will regret the protests?

If it's the former I disagree. It is inspirational, the protesters have made their desires clear and I do not think that there will be a theocracy implanted (unless one seizes power, but in that case I see another revolution).

If it's the later, I think the world's governments already regret it and are wary of their own uprisings.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

By the end of the year these protests will have spawned a world wide movement to dethrone the rulers of old and endow each man and woman with their birth right freedoms. It will be a hard road, there will be tragedies along the way, but when freedom marches, oppression gets out of the way!

God bless the people of Egypt. May they see themselves as something more than a nation in the coming months. May their eyes be opened to who they are. Through them, may we all come to realise we are not those things we have been taught. We are not English, Americans, Australians, Iranians, or any other nation.

WE ARE MAN!

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

Do they have a George Washington already to go?
Maybe they will just hand the entire nation over to the Muslim Brotherhood.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by searching4truth

It is inspirational, the protesters have made their desires clear and I do not think that there will be a theocracy implanted (unless one seizes power, but in that case I see another revolution).

How sure are you the next time the people are revolting that they will not be met with bullets???

Iran told their people *we will kill you if you revolt, what are you going to do about it?*

Obummer the wimp sure wont do a damn thing...

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by hillynilly
reply to post by searching4truth

How sure are you the next time the people are revolting that they will not be met with bullets???

Iran told their people *we will kill you if you revolt, what are you going to do about it* Obummer the wimp
sure wont do a damn thing....

I think in most situations that a real revolution will be met with bullets. I also think that this recent event in Egypt has changed the game so to speak. Even with the internet shut down, there was still mass coverage and some people were still able to get their message or video out. Technology is key. IF the government had convinced the military to turn on the people it surely would have been a blood bath, and even IF governments did not respond (as in Iran) the people would. There were dozens of Egypt protests in my city for nearly the entire duration. There were also many stories about how Obama was not reacting strongly enough, not supporting the people as they thought he should. If the Egyptian had chosen to stop the protests through violence the outcry from the world's people would not have been silenced, and I dare to say that there would be an increase in the amount of revolutions.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Or chances are they won't.

Is that to say there won't be people elected who represent the Muslim Brotherhood? No, they are a political party.

But in every democracy you have the super conservative and the super liberal and the governance has to take place in between.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
He stepped down and avoided a lot more unnecessary deaths. Something That I wouldn't have seen happening with most dictatorships. I hope that the Egyptians are able to find some peace, and harmony to their new government. _javascript:icon('
')

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I know a lot of you think this smells of "military oppression" but this is really the only way for this to succeed. It's how revolution works. You take out the people in power and have the military hold the peace until the people take control. This is one of those beautiful cases where the military was on the right side so I think it will be smooth.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Hamas, Hezbollah, Ayatollahs, Al Sadr and now the Muslim Brotherhood.

Important message to soldiers in US/Western millitary: GTFO ASAP if you don't want to die for israel!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join