It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some Dog Owners Make Bad Neighbors...Or, Put a Muzzle On It Buddy!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Mine does. I have two neighbors in the complex who are dog owners. Both do nothing to control the beasts.

Every morning I get up to pee. I am upstairs, and the offending dog owner is downstairs and back, not directly below me. Yet each morning I can clearly hear the yap yap yap yap yap. I finally figured out the owner must lock it in the bathroom! Also, there is nothing wrong with muzzling a yapper when you take it outside. Four or five tomes a day as I sit in my livingroom I am jarred by the neighbor walking the yapping beast, and it does not shut up!

The other dog owner, same deal, yapper, but worse, this dog owner will lock the dog on the porch (which is visible from my balcony) and one day we noticed the dog pee on the porch then drink its own pee. But that dog is not as much of a yapper as the other one.

Why do people move in to multi units, with pets, and then refuse to be a good neighbor about it?

I dont care if you keep a pet, but a ten dollar muzzle for walks is just being a good neighbor. It is NOT dog abuse to muzzle a pet for a walk. The people here are dog fanatics, our banks give out dog bones, (thats another debate).

There is nothing more odious that a bad dog owner, who refuses to train their dog.

And dog owners, please be aware, not all of us like dogs. I had bad experiences with dogs as a child, and am highly allergic to them as well. I simply dont like them, and it doesnt make me bad, it makes me not amused with lil Rovers antics.

UGH.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I think all genetically mutated toys should be killed.

Recently I obtained a huge, ancient, guardian breed as a partner for the end of this 3D cycle.

He actually howls as a morning wake up call. Blood curling is the best way to describe it.

My neighbor calls it 'funny', but we'll be moving to the country soon.

The biggest problem has been him going for the neck of more vulnerable victims... It's amusing.

I wish we lived in more natural times where people weren't obsessed with pets.

I may get a muzzle for fear of him biting a toy breed and getting the, heh... authorities called.

Rather, I prefer to let him run free at all costs.
edit on 11-2-2011 by Mayura because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I feel your pain.
The dog next door to my house is always yapping.
If I walk in the front yard it starts,
If it sees me briefly going it to the back door it starts,
If it sees a squirrel or other dog it starts,
If ANYTHING it starts,
and it does not stop ever!
I know the neighbours are home but they never do a thing. Pure negligence. Why do they even have a dog? They just leave it outside for extended periods of time. I dont want to offend anyone but that mutt needs a beatdown as do the neighbours!

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Did you know people, you can buy sound devices that play animal noises intended to drive your neighbour crazy.

People sell devices like this, and people use them. Amazing how bad neighbours are too one another.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Well I am a good neighbor because all I am doing is griping about it and ranting about it online. I dont want to drive the beasts crazy, it is not their fault, I would rather drive their owners crazy but I restrain myself. It doesn't make me want to go out of my way to befriend them though. Why live in multi housing if you go in being a bad neighbor in the first place? All I want is peace. I expect the normal traffic during peak hours, but the dog yapping outside of closed indoors, is bad neighbor, no excuse.

The urine drinking dog owners are young, they are bad neighbors in more than one way (loud obnoxious partying for starters).

I wonder what is wrong with people?

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Ball sniffing genital licking loud drooling stinky poo and pee machines most of em.

Lassie was OK though.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

I would call your local animal protection on the young couple if the dog is not getting enough water that it has to drink it's own urine. That'll take care of multiple problems. For one, if the dog is taken away thats one headache less for you and you may be saving the dog from abusive owners. Plus the owners will get a ticket, which means they'll have less money, may not be able to pay rent, and have to leave. It won't break their bank but you may get new neighbors.

However the yapper, you'll have to figure out how to deal with in a legal manner.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Is there a legal remedy for dog yapping? I figured it was just one of those things.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

actually after a little research, yes, depending on where you live your dept of animal care/control may have a rule like the one in LA CA
"Barking Dogs: Any pet owner or custodian who allows a dog to bark continuously or for an extended period of time in a manner that annoys the neighbors and disturbs the peace and tranquillity of the neighborhood may be guilty of allowing a public nuisance and punishable by a misdemeanor with a fine of up to $1000 and/or six months in jail. (California Penal Code 373A and L.A. County Code Sec. 10.40.065) If you have a noise complaint, contact your local Department of Animal Care and Control agency or submit an Animal Complaint Form."

but it would have to be seriously barking up a storm to be able to file that complaint. You'd probably first have to go to neighbors to sign a complaint form for mass signatures of your complexes residents. You're other best option is to go to an music (bestbuy) or home depot type store and pick up some noise canceling headphones for when you're wanting to catch a midday nap. Oh and if the dog is barking at night then it follows the same noise laws as parties. In my area 11pm-6am it can't be noisy. So you can try that too.

join