It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beware friendly US, Ahmadinejad warns Egyptians

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Beware friendly US, Ahmadinejad warns Egyptians

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said on Friday that a new Middle East is being carved out that will be free of the United States and Israel, as he backed the revolts rocking the Arab world.

Massive crowds of Iranians, waving flags and chanting: "Death to (Egyptian President Hosni) Mubarak!" and: "Death to America!" descended on Tehran's Azadi (Freedom) Square to listen to the hardliner, who lashed out at the West and Israel in a speech marking the 32nd anniversary of the Islamic revolution.

"We will soon see a new Middle East materialising without America and the Zionist regi(visit the link for the full news article)

www.google.com...

edit on 11/2/2011 by withopeneyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
This man Ahmadinejad is once again making himself heard. While I have reservations about some of the things he says I have some respect for him. I'm curious if he is a victim of sorts to the way he is portrayed by the western media, or if he has some substance behind him. He is one person I would really like to sit down with and meet.
Now he is telling the people of Egypt to be wary of the US, & Israel. I am a proud American who has served, and I love my country, but is Ahmadinejad wrong here? Could there be a little bit of history which has repeated over again that would warrant some wariness?
Frankly, I don't see the problem with a Middle East without a strong American influence. Let them have their countries. Let them manage themselves. I know if they (Any other country) were on my soil with extensive military personell and weaponry, waging war, and threatening more war I sure as heck would want them gone.
Is this guy so wrong?

www.google.com...

(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 11/2/2011 by withopeneyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
What I would be mindful of, is that all three cultures, Judaic, Christian and Muslim have leaders that tend to like to drive events to substantiate there own as well as the other sects scriptures.

Much of what the leaders of the nations are doing is trying to constantly drive events and spin events to fit into the religious beliefs regarding prophecy that the religious majority in these nations subscribe too.

I don't think any of the leaders in the nations that utilize these faith based systems as the foundation for their power, have the independent capability to not do that.

They know the best way to steer the ship of State is by appeasing or playing to the religious and that if the times and the signs have corelations to their religious texts that the people will be prone to go along and accept them.

Most of the actual concerns of how the situation is going to play out in regards to Governments in the Middle East is based on religious lines, and this is true of all three parties involved.

I think without including that all important and very real aspect of religion into politics that people won't see beyond the boxes that are created through it.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Already being discussed here: Harsh Words for US and Israel at Iranian revolution rallies

For what it matters, two different discussions on one topic never hurt anyone... admittedly, the search function would not have helped, the internet titles to the same article are quite different.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Billmeister
Already being discussed here: Harsh Words for US and Israel at Iranian revolution rallies

For what it matters, two different discussions on one topic never hurt anyone... admittedly, the search function would not have helped, the internet titles to the same article are quite different.

Sorry about that. I didn't see this being discussed. I'll jump in over there. Question for ATS. Can I cut and paste my opening remark in this thread over on that thread, or is that a no-no?

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Like this despot Ahmedidntwin has a leg to stand on...

This pervert of a politician is simply trying to make hay out of Egypts victory...

First thing Egypt should do is tell Iran to STFU

new topics

top topics

join