It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great Lakes ATS Adventure! *SUCCESS!!!!!!!*

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   
this is just to organize things a bit more about a possible meetup. we're shooting for a potluck/barbeque in the detroit area on august 21st.

anyway, respond to this thread saying what you'll bring (foodwise) and, most importantly, if you'll be coming. this thread will also be a sort of contact point for car pools from further away locations to get set up. once you respond i'll u2u you with the address and whatnot.

any questions folks?

EDIT: other important information...
i have a limited supply of camp/folding chairs, so you may have to bring your own. it'll be BYOB, since i'm a minor and too cheap anyway. and i'll set up a volleyball net, just for the hell of it.

[edit on 7/14/2004 by cmdrkeenkid]

UPDATE:
3 PM is a good time to start showing up, but if anyone wants to show up a bit earlier and help me set up or something that would be great. It'll end when everyone decides to leave.

also, i have no idea what we'll do except eat, talk, and play volleyball... so if anyone wants to think of anything else or bring like a frisbee or something go right ahead!

oh, and feel free to bring some CDs if you want so that way you don't have to put up with my horrible tastes in music!

[edit on 7/15/2004 by cmdrkeenkid]

UPDATE:
The basics of this shindig
What: Great Lakes ATS Adventure!
When: August 21st, 3:00 PM until whenever
Where: u2u to tell me you're coming, and i'll tell you.

Why: why not?
Who: whoever wants to come!

if you're bringing anyone other than yourself, please let everyone know that too. that way we all know how much food we should bring.

[edit on 7/15/2004 by cmdrkeenkid]

EDIT: just changing the title... nothing new added, but the "Updated Again" has sort of lost relevancy.

[edit on 7/20/2004 by cmdrkeenkid]

[edit on 8/17/2004 by cmdrkeenkid]

[edit on 8/21/2004 by cmdrkeenkid]

[edit on 8/22/2004 by cmdrkeenkid]

[edit on 8/22/2004 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Damn i live in Brooklyn!!

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I'll be in route from Columbus, and plan to return Sunday morning the 22nd.

[edit on 2/8/2004 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I'm coming...if I can get a ride.

I will set fire to your pets....wait, no, I mean bring some sort of red meat. Probably ribs.

DE

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Even if I was able to go, I could'nt. August 21 I leave on vacation.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I'll bring some chairs and booze for me!

What will I bring for you? Hmmm.. A few things.... Namely:

smoked turkey half sub sandwiches:
( I make them good, just the right amount of ingredients namely:
-Ranch/cucumber salad dressing
-hellman's mayo
-honey mustard
-pinch of salt and pepper
-and a smile (yes i'm corny i know)

Pasta salad (maybe probably not though haven't made it in a long time don't want to attempt now and kill you guys)

veggie platter with my secret dip sauce

I'll get back on this I really can't think right now...

I will be there for sure! Is this at your airport thing or your house?

And! I love volleyball, so if you guys want to form teams now speak up!
And no I don't suck i'm awesome at that game I was cpt 2 years straight in hs before quitting the team due to rowing that took over my life...
However that was 4 yrs so i'd probably have to brush the rust off..

PS: Please tell me this is a safe part of detroit... I'm new to the area but have heard some awful things about it and seen stuff on the news, namely shootings at the marshall field's fireworks...

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies
PS: Please tell me this is a safe part of detroit... I'm new to the area but have heard some awful things about it and seen stuff on the news, namely shootings at the marshall field's fireworks...

it's not downtown. in fact, it's not even IN detroit proper. not even the same county... so we should be safe.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 11:47 PM
link   
don't forget to u2u me some directions on how to get there.....

what county are you in? macomb oakland??

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Anybody wanna fly me out there?? No?? Damn

We should have local ATS get togethers...if more people would try and set them up. I would around here...but 1.people couldnt get to where I live...2.im too cheap...3.too lazy to get it all together.

Hmm...and why is my avatar the remote linking thingy??

[Edited on 15-7-2004 by dreamlandmafia]

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 12:44 AM
link   
i coming just give me some directions

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Deus, has a ride. 2 seats left.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 08:18 AM
link   
If you're coming, please remember to bring some food and let me know what kind. don't want two people bringing the same dish to eat!

so far for food...

Me: Chip dip; chips; burgers and buns
TrueLies: smoked turkey half sub sandwiches; veggie platter with secret dip sauce

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
If you're coming, please remember to bring some food and let me know what kind. don't want two people bringing the same dish to eat!

so far for food...

TrueLies: smoked turkey half sub sandwiches; veggie platter with secret dip sauce

Since I am already a long way from home, I am will provide sodas, plates, cups, utensils, napkins, etc. I have found a Sam's Club in Farmington Hills that will be convenient. Cmdr, if you can provide me with a count on Friday the 20th I will purchase accordingly. To attendees, if you have a soda preference please u2u me in advance otherwise I'll go with the "standard" stuff (beer is not a soda). In addition, do we need ice, and are there coolers, or cold storage available?

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 09:18 AM
link   
August 21st.... I will try to be there, bringing beer and probably some kind of dessert.... my sweetie is awesome when it comes to desserts... will probably also bring something else...

I'll need directions also please...

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I have coolers, also ice would be good... very good.. It's probably going to be damn hot outside...

I'll bring some hot dogs since no one has said that yet, if anyone requests sausages let me know...

I don't drink soda so none for me thanks... I just bring me some water and beer.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Mirthful Me: sodas, plates, cups, utensils, napkins, etc
elevatedone: beer and probably some kind of dessert

i have a small refridgerator out there already, and could get a second or third. i'll bring some coolers and ice as well.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   
what is the date of this partae???

And is there a lake nearby to do some swimming/snorkelling!!?

I haven't been in the water yet even though I live right across from a lake...
I know I know, I don't know whats wrong with me either...

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I'm going to have to purchase what I'm bringing. Customs might be a bugger with bringing foodstuffs across the border. I'll bring the Dogs, buns, condiments and water.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I'll bring my dog too only if yours is friendly...

You can always buy food over here, you know they do have grocery stores lol!!
Kroger, farmer jack, kamrt supastore, although I wouldn't trust me food from their stores... and then some...

I got a chocolate lab named mulligan (irish no golf freak)
He's very energetic, jumps but doesn't bite, he just thinks everyone is his friend, we're teaching "no jump" right now. He's 7 months (new years baby) and pretty much full grown now... Not neutered because we want to breed him so if you have girl dogs i'll have to get him some shorts lol... He likes them bitches even though he has a girlfriend... teehee

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Also should we introduce ourselves as our usenames??

"Hi, i'm trueLies"

"elevatedone, nice to meet you" lol

uhhh, I guess I'll let the cat out of the bag...

My name is Amy... And i'm an atsholic... Hi, *sits down*

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join