It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harsh words for US and Israel at Iranian revolution rallies

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
This man Ahmadinejad is once again making himself heard. While I have reservations about some of the things he says I have some respect for him. I'm curious if he is a victim of sorts to the way he is portrayed by the western media, or if he has some substance behind him. He is one person I would really like to sit down with and meet.
Now he is telling the people of Egypt to be wary of the US, & Israel. I am a proud American who has served, and I love my country, but is Ahmadinejad wrong here? Could there be a little bit of history which has repeated over again that would warrant some wariness?
Frankly, I don't see the problem with a Middle East without a strong American influence. Let them have their countries. Let them manage themselves. I know if they (Any other country) were on my soil with extensive military personell and weaponry, waging war, and threatening more war I sure as heck would want them gone.
Is this guy so wrong?

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by endlessknowledge

i fully agree, its all a prelude to a radical islamic faction to reign supreme in the Egyptian region.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by withopeneyes

You don't understand. If the wind shifts it's because of the US and Israël. This is a tactic to keep people divided. It's what the Islamic regime is about, it came to be because of a CIA/Saudi backed coupè, so all they did back then was chant: "Death to America". The ignorant m'asses have kept this bullcrap up for 30 years. Sure they can blame the US and Israel as they have commited warcrimes against Iran, but they never delve into it too deeply because the Iranian Islamic regime NOW has its roots in the WEST.

The powerholders in Iran are afraid. That's why they have to maintain their #1 enemy. The powerholders in the US are afraid, as are the ones in Israël. So they have to maintain their #1 enemy. Perceivably or otherwise.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

You're right, I don't understand. I wish I did.
I see what you're saying but I'm still standing by what I say. There are few if any of the countries in that part of the world whose leaders I trust. That goes for Israel as well. Heck, I don't trust Americas leadership.
They don't want us there. Yet they will quickly beg for US involvement when they need support. I'm overstating the obvious. It is a quagmire for all parties involved.
Let them be. Hopefully they can live amongst themselves like they have for the thousands of years before America was even 'discovered'. It may help relations between the East & West in the long run.
That's my opinion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join