It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Slim-Fast Sheds Whoopi Goldberg After Bush Riff

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Florida-based Slim-Fast said it was "disappointed" in Goldberg's remarks at last Thursday's $7.5 million star-studded fund-raiser at Radio City Music Hall in New York.

"Ads featuring Ms. Goldberg will no longer be on the air," Slim-Fast General Manager Terry Olson said in a statement, adding that the company regrets that Goldberg's remarks offended some customers.

Full article

---------------

I know there is such thing as free speech, but a company also has the right to drop a spokesperson for such comments...

What a moron, I understand she was drunk, but really, have some class and think before you speak... Even though it's funny, it wasn't very smart on her part... Way to lose a job whoopi... I could say some stupid jokes about her name, but i'll refrain...
TL
---------------

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 10:30 PM
link   
While everyone has the right to their opinion and everyone over 21 has the right to drink, you do not have the right to get up at a charity fundraiser, drunk and beligerent and make an ass out of yourself when you are the chief spokesperson for a multinational company. Not good business sense, not good common sense. Ive never been a fan of hers but this was as ridiculus as that farce of a doctor show she runs on one of those womens channels. Whats it called, um oh crap I cant remember now. Anyways its a feminist biased ER wannabe.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Whoopi Goldberg was a spokesperson for Slim-Fast?

All I know about her is her role as "Guinan" on Star Trek: TNG, and that she was in a few comedy movies in the 1990's. I thought she'd already retired or something...

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Why they chose her as a spokesperson in the first place is beyond me. She's never been funny. EVER. I don't think I've ever even cracked a smile while watching her.
Maybe a bigger name with some actual talent became available and Slim-Fast just needed an excuse...

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   
You can't pitch weight loss drinks & wear baggy cloths....the ads were horrible.
That they can placate the devils-posing-as-Christians-running-the-country-into-a-fascist-oligarchy was just a happy side effect.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 01:16 PM
link   
So if Slim Fast cares about reaching and advertising their product to the far right, what does that say about the far right? I would think Michael Moore minus the weight would be a good spokesperson instead.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Cut the woman some slack! Her people were all but destroyed by the Borg; she's had a tough life.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Actually - Whoopi was never that funny.

join