It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking! Must read! Urgent! Proof! Warning! Just revealed!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Can we PLEASE get rid of the exclamation points in a thread title? It reminds me of some
teenager sitting at the keyboard shouting they we must pay attention because its: Important!
Absolutely true! Urgent! Just announced! Must read! It makes the tread appear to be absolute, unknown, results proven, we should want to know, hey-look-what-I-saw-and-you-need-to-know-its-positively TRUE, just announced, its happening right-now-this minute…etc, etc.

Look. We're on this site to find and discuss information and theories past, present and future. It may very well be urgent, important, proven and just announced. But, we really don’t need the exclamation point like the OP's have personally just discovered it after staying up all night to find a tid-bit and to claim credit for its discovery and announcement to the world.

Ok. Maybe we do want to know…we should know…and it may be just breaking…it might even be important. But odds are you'all (me too)…probably aren’t the 1st to announce it, discover it or read it over the wires. And can we please check if somethings already been mentioned elsewhere on-site? It only takes a minute to search and the next time you cry "WOLF! WOLF!"…we wont sigh, shake are heads, and disregard your post altogether.

I hope you treat this as URGENT, a MUST READ, JUST PROVEN-WARNING of PROOF that we probably have heard something already about that which you are trying to PROVE to us, get us to realize its IMPORTANT to know, that it was JUST –NOW-THIS-MINUTE crossed the wires, and is JUST BREAKING. WeE probably somewhere, someplace heard the same or bits of the same info you did…so its really pointless taking the credit for its announcement to ATS.

REALLY! ABSOLUTELY! URGENT! PROVEN! WARNING! This is a MUST READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

***MODS PLEASE REL-LOCATE IF NECESSARY

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
i agree 100%, I am sick and tired of it, especially when they dont even provide any info or links or anything. Like this person.

Thread

Oh yeah, this should probably be posted in the "Rants" forum.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
You get a star!!! and a FLAG!!!!!

I couldn't agree with you more!!!

LOL!

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Well you are only suppose to use one or two and the "PROOF" and other thread titles like it that are only worded that way to get attention are against the T&Cs. It's something to do with false information, not sure the exact wordage they use.

I get tired of those threads because they are stupid usually and just a link with no other information.

Oh well.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I get the feeling this is going to go on forever. As soon as some highschooler 1st learns about Atlantis, 911, the Kennedy Assassination....we' are gonna get "exclamed" like its news...because to them? It is.....sigh....

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

If a thread has OMG or MUST READ I ignore it and don't read it.
I have better things to do then cater to paranoid attention seekers.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I actually this thread because of the title. What a disappointment after reading the content of the thread.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I WOULD NOT MIND GETTING RID OF THREAD TITLES LIKE THIS!! AS IT DOES REMIND YOU OF SOMEONE WHO IS NOT CAPABLE OF CORRECT GRAMMAR!!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
What I can't believe, is that you actually wasted thread space complaining about punctuation? With all the other concerns out there, you actually have the audacity to complain about exclamation points?

thread fail!!!!

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I am new to ATS and it is true. I'm already frustrated with that kind of nonsense. The positive side of it is that those threads rarely make it past 1 page before a knowledgeable and mature member points out to the poster that it isn't BREAKING or PROOF. Usually within the 1st couple of replies someone will link to another thread or source where it has been discussed before or proven a hoax. Within 24 to 48 hours the mods will close the thread or 404 it. Our mods do a good job at controlling how far this kind of thing goes, but they can't get em all. My estimated breakdown of those threads that are URGENT, BREAKING, MUST READ, etc. are:

2% worth reading really new information
75% lack of reaserch on poster(new, immature, etc)
23% Trolls

Just my opinion.
Great post OP
S&F from me

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

If this is all you have to complain about... then you are very lucky!!!

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
can we PLEASE get rid of threads complaining about petty sh# ?

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
One of my faves:

OMG WE JUST LANDED ON THE MOON **WITH PROOF** !!!!!

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
A waste of time as some of you feel my posting about this is....buy hey. If the "Breaking now!" and "Urgent!" grab your attention...that speaks for itself. I understand...lets move on....

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysterioustranger
I hope you treat this as URGENT, a MUST READ, JUST PROVEN-WARNING of PROOF that we probably have heard something already about that which you are trying to PROVE to us, get us to realize its IMPORTANT to know, that it was JUST –NOW-THIS-MINUTE crossed the wires, and is JUST BREAKING. WeE probably somewhere, someplace heard the same or bits of the same info you did…so its really pointless taking the credit for its announcement to ATS.

I agree 100% I love that being the first to flag the rest of us at ATS to something someone else discovered before they did is so fulfilling.

Everyone just relax a bit. There is so much information on this site we are going through it like we are going to get to the end sometime. Lets sit back and discuss these things without getting swept up in the neon distractions that we accuse others of doing.

S&F

top topics

join