It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Israel is Planning For the Death of Yasser Arafat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Based on speculation of the inevitable demise of 74-year-old Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat who's hands and lips tremble with the signs of what many believe could be Parkinson's disease. The Israeli Government is planning for his death and the potential chaos which may follow, and has now made it clear they will do everything possible to prevent the Palestinian leader from being buried in Jerusalem...

ABCNEWS.com Full Article

JERUSALEM July 14, 2004 � Israel is worried about chaos that might follow the death of Yasser Arafat and will do everything possible to prevent the Palestinian leader from being buried in Jerusalem, according to a contingency plan obtained Wednesday by The Associated Press.

The five-page document, prepared by the Foreign Ministry, lays out a series of forecasts about what might follow Arafat's death: the collapse of the Palestinian Authority, a challenge by Islamic militants, and upheaval in other parts of the Middle East.

Despite Israeli efforts to isolate the Palestinian leader, Arafat continues to wield tremendous influence. The plan shows that he will remain a subject of concern to Israel even in death. The plan includes recommendations on how to contain what Israel expects to be an extremely volatile environment. The stickiest issue, it says, will be where to bury Arafat.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

No one working with or for Arafat has ever indicated where he wants to be buried. But many believe that his wish is to be laid to rest at the Al Aqsa Mosque compound in Jerusalem's Old City, a supreme honor for Muslims.

Israeli leaders are making it clear in a morbid way while Arafat is still among the living that they will do everything possible to prevent his burial in Jerusalem.

Arafat has been seen as public enemy #1 by many Israelis, responsible for many terrorist suicide bombings and as one standing in the way of peace with the Palestinian people, and the mastermind of the "suicide attacks" on the Israeli people.

But Arafat to the Palestinian people is seen as a hero one who is a world leader, and the man that has inspired the struggle for a free and separate Palestinian state.

Related Link:

Yasser Arafat

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Bah, he's a terrorist. His government supports the actions of suicide bombers, praises them actually. The PLO an evil which praises the murderers of children? People who decidedly go onto a bus and blow themselves up?

The Jews have every reason to prevent a man like him from being buried there. Personally I'd rather see him tossed in a dumpster.

He's luck he's alive, with all the plans to kill him and all. I would'nt be surprised if he died with in a year, maybe before Christmas.

[Edited on 7-14-2004 by JediMaster]

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Well, after he's dead they could always stash his body in the back of a jewish school bus and wait for it to get blown to hell by his followers and then they wont need to bury him because his worthless guts will be splatered everywhere.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I think arafat deserves to be buried wherever he wants, and if the Israelis are so spiteful that they have to disallow him to be buried where he chooses, i'll be sitting back and watching the # hit the fan because Israels stubborn attitude towards the world and the issues that plague their pathetic country...

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Oh come on, where's your outrage at Yassir for rewarding and prasing the killers of Jewish children?

I have as much sympathy for that man, as NotTooHappy loves Nick Cage, which is zero.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I agree. Arafat is a criminal. He should be tortured and beheaded like what has happening to many other INNOCENT people. Screw Arafat. He has connection to terrorists groups. It's rediculous. All Palestinians want is to get rid of Israel. Israel has given them plenty of land. I am outraged at this.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by JediMaster
Oh come on, where's your outrage at Yassir for rewarding and prasing the killers of Jewish children?

I have as much sympathy for that man, as NotTooHappy loves Nick Cage, which is zero.

Right near the outrage at Israeli soldiers refusing ambulances acces to wounded children untill they've bled to death, or possibly close to the outrage at the fact that the Jews opress the majority palestinians and defy UN resolutions, or the fact that Israel cant support themselves without the USA but still go off and act like they are king #... I'm not condining terrorism, but when people get desperate they resort to desperate means. No-one should be able to block anyone from being bured where they wish.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 12:12 AM
link   
The UN resolutions are defied since the majority of UN resolutions are unfairly put against Isreal and put to help Palestine.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 06:06 AM
link   
For sure, Arafat's death will give new energy to the Palestinian uprising.
Israel should prepare for the possibility that the Palestinian Authority will not survive Arafat's death. West Bank /Gaza strip will most likely fall to the control of Hamas and other terrorist Palestinian factions

Regardless of the nature of Arafat's death ( Arafat's death in an Israeli military operation - Arafat's death in a natural instantaneous death - Arafat's slow death as a result of a terminal illness ) Israel will be blamed.

Israel's greatest concern is Arafat's funeral: Hundreds of thousands of Palestinians would be expected to march towards Jerusalem from Ramallah to bury him on Temple Mount.

Rebekka

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Nothing good would come out of Arafat being buried in Isreal....Figure it like this ...If the Isreali's let it happened...and didnt make a stink about it...the Palestinians would forget about it in 2 minutes (the good gesture act)...as would the UN...if they Do prevent him from being buried there...its going to create alot of immediate hell....another bad thing...Isreal will lose out either way...basically because for some reason the most persecuted people in the world...is also the most hated on...doesnt make sense...

new topics

top topics

join