It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comet Elenin Reaches Perihelion on 9/11/11 And It Is Estimated To Be 31 Miles (50 km) In Radius

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by nataylor

Originally posted by Outlooker
The comet has to get through the asteroid belt without hitting anything before final trajectory calcs can be made, it could get a lot closer. It could hit an asteroid and change course, or fling something from the asteroid belt in our direction. We'll have to wait and see.
The chances of it hitting anything in the asteroid belt are, pardon the pun, astronomical.

perhaps...but not impossible.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

When it was discovered, the tail was about 12 seconds of arc long, easily within the limits of the telescope.

source?

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

it has traveling companions...

www.amication.de...

6888comete.free.fr...
What companions? Nothing else has been identified in Elenin's orbit. If you're talking about the other numbered objects in some of the observations, those are already-identified minor planets.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

When it was discovered, the tail was about 12 seconds of arc long, easily within the limits of the telescope.

source?
From the Astronomical Telegram announcing the discovery: www.cbat.eps.harvard.edu...

tail
of length 10"-12"

edit on 10-3-2011 by nataylor because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

it has traveling companions...

www.amication.de...

6888comete.free.fr...
What companions? Nothing else has been identified in Elenin's orbit. If you're talking about the other numbered objects in some of the observations, those are already-identified minor planets.

I know that, a picture was taken of them moving together in tandem, I don't think there will be any interaction.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Red Cloak

Another strange coincidence is the name of the comet. As I am sure most people know, if someone discovers a comet then the comet can get their name. Comet Elenin was supposedly discovered by Leonid Elenin.

Is it a coincidence that ELE stands for "Extinction Level Event"? Is it also a coincidence that Elenin could be seen as Elevennine (9/11 backwards)?

Or that Leonid is the name of the Leonid meteor shower?

Oh for heavens sake, did you not even bother looking it up?
Surprise surprise he is a real person!
iasc.hsutx.edu...
Also the size is more likely to be 3km - at most 10km.
spaceobs.org...-1713
edit on 10-3-2011 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
On March 10 comet will rendezvous with asteroid 2009 UU126 at a distance of 0.0079 AU (1 182 000 km).

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
You know that Planet X Movie coming out in May called "Melancholia"...Wouldn't it be wild if the kid's name in the movie was "Leo"? ...Oh wait, it is... Check it out for yourself. What do you think of this? A "Leo" discovers the killer asteroid in the movie Deep Impact. Another Leo discovers comet Elenin. There is a kid named Leo in this new planet X movie. Comet Elenin is also known as "X1". Comet Elenin will be approaching us from the constellation Leo. The Sphinx which has the body of a Lion (Leo) stares off into the night sky waiting for something to return....

From Graham Hancock: -"we have demonstrated with a substantial body of evidence that the pattern of stars that is "frozen" on the ground at Giza in the form of the three pyramids and the Sphinx represents the disposition of the constellations of Orion and Leo as they looked at the moment of sunrise on the spring equinox during the astronomical "Age of Leo" (i.e., the epoch in which the Sun was "housed" by Leo on the spring equinox.) Like all precessional ages this was a 2,160-year period. It is generally calculated to have fallen between the Gregorian calendar dates of 10,970 and 8810 BC. (op. cit., p.189)"

Ok follow me here.... The comet Elenin is supposed to have an orbital period of 11,830 years. (According to Wikipedia). That would put its last appearance on earth roughly in the vicinity of time when the Sphinx was said to have been built. Of course we can't be sure of the exact date of either, but they are close.

A lot to think about.... One more coincedence... The release date for the movie Melancholia is May 26th. "Comet" Elenin will be closest to earth on September 26th.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by hereitcomesskippy

Ok follow me here.... The comet Elenin is supposed to have an orbital period of 11,830 years.
It doesn't have an orbital period at all. That 11,830 number is from old data. The newest, most accurate orbital elements have an eccentricity greater than 1, meaning this is the first and last time Elenin will enter the inner solar system.

Originally posted by hereitcomesskippy
The release date for the movie Melancholia is May 26th. "Comet" Elenin will be closest to earth on September 26th.
Actually, Elenin will be closes to Earth on October 16th.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by nataylor

You're right, I meant aligned with. It is aligned with us and the sun on September 26th which looks to be a bad day for Earth.
edit on 29-4-2011 by hereitcomesskippy because: Aligned with sun, not closest to

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Not sure if anyone has pointed this out yet, so thought I would,, sorry if someone already has mentioned it,,, I didn't want to forget to post about it,, so haven't read everyones comments.

I was reading about Elenin Comet online and found this Thread referenced on Discovery News,, but didn't say ATS instead said,, "one conspiracy site'' yet quoted you (OP) directly saying, ""Is it a coincidence that Elenin could be seen as "Elevennine" (9/11 backwards)?"

Now,, I see this as a put down towards all thinking outside the prescribed box. And poking fun at us crazy conspiracy theorist.

Anyway,, don't know how to link yet,, so here is address,, go to part about '''Comet Kazi"

news.discovery.com...

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Comet Elenin or whatever it is, does indeed come closest to our sun on 9-11-11. While a comet does not have the mass needed to create the problems that many currently attribute to it, a larger object, say a brown dwarf star does have the mass and the ability to become a future problem beginning on or about 9-11-11. I will explain my concerns regarding this supposed Comet Elenin.

While many love to ponder the numerological and occult aspects of such an event occurring on the anniversary of the NYC 911, I on the other hand see this event in a different manner and force myself daily to focus on what really matters to me and others that understand what I am about to explain. While I will attempt to keep it so everyone can understand, I already know that some will not fully grasp what I am about to explain because of its complexity and current unknown factors.

I believe we have four possibilities of what the object could be. It could be an asteroid, a comet, a brown dwarf star and it could even be some alien space craft that appears as a comet in appearance only. Only one of these options has the necessary mass to become a true problem.

While all of these options have been discussed at one time or another, it is the brown dwarf star option that I believe is coming our way. If indeed this is true, then what happens on 9-11-11 is another story compared to some comet. The brown dwarf star I refer to, is by estimation, four times larger than Jupiter. This makes the object massive and this is why such an object with such a mass can create many problems for earth even if never hits earth.

On 9-11-11, such a massive object is due to be closest to our sun. What this means in science talk is that because such a massive object is closest to the sun, it will be that closeness to the sun that will begin a series of events that mean much for those of us that will be here to witness what happens on that date and the weeks that follow.

Such a massive object would because of its own magnetic properties, create massive solar flares and CME's in the X and Y class. It is these massive solar flares of solar radiation that will then travel to earth where such massive solar flares have the potential to literally fry our electrical grid world wide. Imagine losing all electricity with no way to fix it for years. Our technological capabilities will be gone from us for years to come. A return to the dark ages at a time when being in the dark, is not going to be good for timely information sharing.

We should also discuss the known effects of massive solar flares, magnetic anomalies, magnetic reversals and severe weather effects. These matters need to be discussed to understand what all this means to us in September and beyond.

Solar storms, solar winds in excess of 300-400 mph for many days, super heated atmospheric conditions, super cell storms, F5 and massive planetary super cell tornadoes and land hurricanes, earthquakes, severe weather that creates devastation and destruction and more are all what await us if indeed the object called Comet Elenin is actually a brown dwarf star. While these areas are severe enough to create planetary problems, we also have one final and major concern with a brown dwarf star that needs to stay at the top of everyone's most important list of things to think about.

A brown dwarf star could be a "mini constellation" and that implies numerous planets with moons rotating around the brown dwarf sun. It is these planetary objects around the brown dwarf star that can cause complete destruction of earth. While this fact alone is enough to ponder in the scheme of things, it should also be stated that such a mini constellation does not travel through space in a straight line basis.

Such a brown dwarf star as many that are following this subject contend, that the mini constellation travels through space in a cork screw manner instead of a straight line manner and it is that rotation through space with those planetary objects or moons around it that then have the potential to create a sudden ELE on earth because we have no current means to accurately determine or calculate that cork screw motion through space in relation to the planets and moons that surround the brown dwarf star.

We will in September be able to see with our own eyes what comes our way. At that time it will of course be too late to do anything about it or to prepare for its passing, but many contend that what some call a comet is actually a deception to keep the truth of a brown dwarf star mini constellation hidden from the public as long as possible.

Sept 11, 2011 is a marker on a calendar, but on that date, we from earth will no longer have to question what it really is because its massive size will be evident for all to see.

Discussing a brown dwarf star will quickly make anyone with limited knowledge of such space objects a more informed person, because once we admit what it really is, then and only then will these concerns that I have raised be once and for all settled in a manner that can not be disputed. It is that acknowledgement and discussion of brown dwarf stars that I feel would better prepare us for what may occur beginning on or about September 11, 2011.

Some more concerned than I are even speculating that such a massive object has the potential because of its massive size to capture the earth and our moon and make us part of that mini constellation, if it indeed does not totally destroy our planet in the process.

These matters are all currently just speculation, but once we know what actually comes our way, a brown dwarf star is the one option that I for one hope is not the case, because a comet with a debris trail and possible debris strikes on earth will sound tame to what a mini constellation around a brown dwarf star could do to earth and other planets in our solar system.

9-11-11 is an important marker date to keep in mind because on that date, much of what we need to know will become known. Let's hope and pray that the mini constellation is not what we face in our future because if such a concern becomes fact, then its highly probable and most likely that we will suffer an ELE which destroys earth and all of humanity.

This in my opinion may explain the world wide governmental deception and the concerted efforts to keep such a fact from the public, but I and others contend that we have a right to know what comes our way and our government should not be keeping this matter secret from us in order to retain control and to keep the many social systems going until we can no longer deny the truth of what comes our way, because knowing the truth of this matter will in no way change the final outcome.

I sincerely hope that I have added to this posting in a manner that forces one to think beyond the simplistic lies given us as true information. I hope to see more avid discussion of such matters in the coming months and I hope others begin to see that what the government calls a comet may in fact be a comet, but what comes behind it could be that brown dwarf star mini constellation that so many fear will become a truth that will force us to see things in a manner we currently do not wish to discuss.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
IMO, It's like a dart hitting bullseye from 500 feet...

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Finally someone noticed my posts and made a tread about this

i was too lazy

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MaxBlack

MaxBlack, do you have any cliff notes or evidence as to why it might be a brown dwarf? I have seen this theory but don't know much about it. I think if our various governments know about this they ought to divert some military funds and pump up our economies so that we can a least go out a little happier and a little better fed.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaxBlack
Comet Elenin or whatever it is, does indeed come closest to our sun on 9-11-11.

No, it's not. From JPL, the time of perihelion is The Julian date of 2455815.219218355330, which corresponds to 17:15:40 UTC on September 10th, 2011.

As for the rest, there is zero evidence this is a brown dwarf. It has a coma, like a comet. It has a tail, like a comet. It's very dim, like a comet. It's had no influence on the orbits of small bodies it has passed near, like a comet. It has a hyperbolic orbit, like a comet. A brown dwarf would be radically different than this. There is no chance of confusing the two.
edit on 23-5-2011 by nataylor because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
lets just make stuff up shall we..

i heard that this ele comet is bigger than the moon.

can't actually say where i heard it but it was on u tube or something like that, I think.

any hoo... all this talk of comets hitting the earth is true. cause u tube is right.

and it seems people are not with the program.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaxBlack

While all of these options have been discussed at one time or another, it is the brown dwarf star option that I believe is coming our way. If indeed this is true, then what happens on 9-11-11 is another story compared to some comet. The brown dwarf star I refer to, is by estimation, four times larger than Jupiter. This makes the object massive and this is why such an object with such a mass can create many problems for earth even if never hits earth.

www.accuweather.com...

At the time of the discovery, the comet was about 647 million km (401 million miles) from Earth. Over the past four and a half months, the comet has closed the distance to Earth's vicinity as it makes its way closer to perihelion. As of May 4, Elenin's distance is about 274 million km (170 million miles).

The distance between Earth and Jupiter ranges between 893 million and 964 million kilometers apart. So, that would make Elenin a lot closer than Jupiter. And if it’s four times larger than Jupiter, it would be very visible. But it’s not. It’s just a fuzzy dot . Why?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisCrikey

I thank you for your reply, but asking for cliff notes and evidence of such a matter is best left for you to seek out on your own efforts. The information is out there for anyone to find and while at this juncture we are still dealing with speculation, if such a matter truly concerns you, I would think that educating yourself would be paramount to learning the the truth so that you yourself are satisfied with your own findings. I am not trying to convince you or others of my findings, but discussing these matters should serve to motivate you enough to seek out more information. At least that is what I would do if provided with information of something that makes me think enough to want to seek out some "evidence of such matters.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Its always something isn't it? And so far nothing anyone has said about anything hitting us from space has come true. So what am I supposed to believe? Am I to accept impending death? Since it seems as if there's nothing we can do. What about that movie Armageddon? Can we not shoot it out of our orbit? Or is that just in the movies?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join