It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comet Elenin Reaches Perihelion on 9/11/11 And It Is Estimated To Be 31 Miles (50 km) In Radius

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
OK, perhaps it is time to start taking this seriously now. I have been looking into Comet Elenin quite a bit the last few days, and it appears that the comet reaches perihelion on 9/11/11. It also appears that the current estimated size of the nucleus of the comet (not including the comet's tail) is 50 kilometers in radius (31 miles).

Another strange coincidence is the name of the comet. As I am sure most people know, if someone discovers a comet then the comet can get their name. Comet Elenin was supposedly discovered by Leonid Elenin.

Is it a coincidence that ELE stands for "Extinction Level Event"? Is it also a coincidence that Elenin could be seen as Elevennine (9/11 backwards)?

Or that Leonid is the name of the Leonid meteor shower?

The comet's tale is supposed to pass by the Earth sometime around the date of 11/11/11. Strange, considering that 11:11 is a favorite number of the Illuminati and of course the whole bizarre armistice day time. And even 9/11/11, the date that Elenin is supposed to reach perihelion, contains 11:11 in it.

Also, there has long been the occult teaching that Jesus Christ was born on September 11th, and of course, when the attacks occurred on September 11th, 2001, many people with occult knowledge immediately made that connection.

This is definitely getting weird.
edit on 11-2-2011 by Red Cloak because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
What will this comet cause IYO? Will it make contact with another celestial body in the near future- if so, with what and what will the possible results be IYO?
I apologize. I don't know anything about Elenin (The Comet).

IT--
edit on 11-2-2011 by edog11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Ok, this is number 3 thread on this topic, the last one only a short time ago. AGAIN I say go to Puterman's thread HERE. It's all already there!

All these things you are saying have already been discussed. Use the search tool, that's what it's there for!

Where are the mods tonight???

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
There is a pretty well researched thread already on this. Why make another?

Elenin has nothing to do with ELE or any other word association you seem so desperate to link it to.

It also has nothing to do with elevennine like you say either. I could do this with EVERY SINGLE name that starts out like that.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by zenius
Ok, this is number 3 thread on this topic, the last one only a short time ago. AGAIN I say go to Puterman's thread HERE. It's all already there!

All these things you are saying have already been discussed. Use the search tool, that's what it's there for!

Where are the mods tonight???

I honestly don't see anywhere in that entire thread with the information that the comet's perihelion is on 9/11/11, nor anywhere in the entire thread where the size of the comet is mentioned. Seems like that would be pertinent.

The mods can do whatever they like with this thread, but I would not assume to tell them what to do, which is what you seem to be doing.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
There is a pretty well researched thread already on this. Why make another?

Elenin has nothing to do with ELE or any other word association you seem so desperate to link it to.

It also has nothing to do with elevennine like you say either. I could do this with EVERY SINGLE name that starts out like that.

Then please, by all means, do so. That is after all what all misinformation and disinformation agents are best at.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Red Cloak

Maybe the info is not already on that thread, but you could've put it there instead of making another thread.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by zenius

Maybe the info is not already on that thread, but you could've put it there instead of making another thread.

I would, but that thread has disinfo/misinfo agents posting in it. It is also not in my opinion, in the proper forum, nor context for such issues.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   

You think this comet is a conspiracy and should not be in space exploration?
Well ok, now I've looked at your posts and threads made previously I retract what I said. It would seem that you are one of those agents you are talking about. Please DON'T post in that other thread. We don't need any more misinfo/disinfo agents thanks.
If you want to contribute to serious threads perhaps you could put some time and research into the topics. And by that I mean using reputable sources. Otherwise it might be best you stick to your antichrist & Nostrodamas threads.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Red Cloak
It also appears that the current estimated size of the nucleus of the comet (not including the comet's tail) is 50 kilometers in radius (31 miles).

Do you have a source for that?

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pauligirl

Originally posted by Red Cloak
It also appears that the current estimated size of the nucleus of the comet (not including the comet's tail) is 50 kilometers in radius (31 miles).

Do you have a source for that?

I too would like to see a source for this as i have not yet been able to find one.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
31 Miles Radius !!!!!!

Holy mother mary and joseph !!!!

u better hope that thing doesn't
hit us. that will be lights out on the world

u got a source for that confirmation
cuz last I heard, it was too far away
to get an actual size.

I do know it's approaching stereo B
but am not sure if stereo B can get
the data we need.
edit on 2/11/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

OK, perhaps it is time to start taking this seriously now. I have been looking into Comet Elenin quite a bit the last

Geeze, Ya think!!!!!

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

and it appears that the comet reaches perihelion on 9/11/11.

I'm ignorant when it comes to this stuff. Could you tell me what "perihelion' IS? And also, do you have a link to the size of the comet? Thanks.....

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
going out on a limb here, but..... anyone else get the feeling this comet might be a front? perhaps there is indeed a real comet, but what if there is something else MUCH bigger expected to pass during these time frames.

sure a 30mile comet would be disaterous if it hit us, but I keep hearing things about pole shifts. I don't think a comet of this size is near capable of causing such a drastic event. just odd nasa says betelgeuse may or may not go supernova and now a massive comet may or may not pass close. something dosen't add up to me.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by kennylee

and it appears that the comet reaches perihelion on 9/11/11.

I'm ignorant when it comes to this stuff. Could you tell me what "perihelion' IS? And also, do you have a link to the size of the comet? Thanks.....

It simply means that an object (In this case that's Elenin) has reached its closest or farthest distance from the object it's orbiting (In this case its the closest distance to the sun)
It's "orbital period" is around 40.000 years so it'll roughly be at this point again in 40.000 years if nothing happens to change its orbit.

I don´t know how the size was estimated 31 Miles, I can´t find a source for this claim either. Maybe Red Cloak can elaborate?

Originally posted by wingsfan
going out on a limb here, but..... anyone else get the feeling this comet might be a front? perhaps there is indeed a real comet, but what if there is something else MUCH bigger expected to pass during these time frames.

sure a 30mile comet would be disaterous if it hit us, but I keep hearing things about pole shifts. I don't think a comet of this size is near capable of causing such a drastic event. just odd nasa says betelgeuse may or may not go supernova and now a massive comet may or may not pass close. something dosen't add up to me.

It's of course possible that this is just a prequel to something much bigger or a fear mongering tactic to inject more fear in the human consciousness which could positively influence their agenda, no one knows.
For as far as I've researched, Elenin's closest point to Earth will be 0.2 Au (About 30.000.000 KM or 18.000.000Mi) on 16Oc 2011.

To address the bold part in your post:
IF Elenin´s size is indeed the same as stated in the OP then a pole-shift would be a welcomed sight compared to what would happen if Elenin actually hit us.
If scientists have mistaken Elenin's trajectory or we are being fed false information and Elenin will indeed impact our planet (Highly unlikely IMO), none of the (higher?) lifeforms we know of on our planet would survive.
Best case scenario (If it was made entirely of ice), the force of the impact (Due to its speed of 85.000 Km/h or 50.000 Mph) will be around 4.5 Billion MT (Note that the estimated yield of all nuclear weapons on this planet combined is around 5.000 MT).

tl;dr Although the chances of Elenin impacting the Earth the near future are close to non-existent IMO, If it indeed hits us, you better be ready for the afterlife no matter where on the planet you are located at.

Edit: Wait, just thought of something. Won't Elenin first have to go THROUGH the asteroid belt? If that's true then isn't it very much possible that it may be hit by a few asteroids, consequentially changing its orbit around the sun to one where it may hit us?

About the possible Supernova of "Betelgeuse".
Don't worry about it! Sure it's mass is around 20x that of our sun and sure it "may go" supernova today, next week or in a few million years but we are too far (600+ ly) from it to be in any danger.
All we will see is a bright light very much like our sun for a few weeks.
Also: Betelgeuse is a few hundred light-years away from Earth, she may have already become a supernova hundreds of years ago and the light from that event is still on its way here.

As long as we are on earth we are in no danger of being killed from a supernova (At least in the coming few thousand years) since there is only 1 "star" (White dwarf) close to the earth that when it goes nova, it could harm us and that star is IK Pegasi.
Although this process will take millions and millions of years and would be even farther from our planet by the time it goes nova (If it ever goes nova that is), it's still possible that it may effect life on earth on greatly since if IK Pegasi would go nova in the future, it's would be a big one- unlike Betelgeuse which will just go "poof" compared to IK Pegasi.

tl;dr don't worry about dying because of a star going Super Nova in the coming few thousand years+. The closest Super Nova candidates are too far from Earth to be a threat.

I'm kind of a science-nerd, couldn't resist the temptation

IT--
edit on 12-2-2011 by edog11 because: Fixed typo's

edit on 12-2-2011 by edog11 because: Added 2nd comment instead of doublepost.

edit on 12-2-2011 by edog11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by edog11

wow, left no stone unturned.. I guess what I was getting at, is that hoopla about nemesis, or binary twin. I always wondered just what could be out there in the kuiper. reading this site too much and I caught a touch of the nibiru-flu.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by edog11

Edit: Wait, just thought of something. Won't Elenin first have to go THROUGH the asteroid belt? If that's true then isn't it very much possible that it may be hit by a few asteroids, consequentially changing its orbit around the sun to one where it may hit us?

The main danger if that happened would most likely be that Comet Elenin knocked some of the asteroids towards Earth.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   

So it is not possible/likely that Elenin's own Orbit around the sun changes by various asteroid impacts to a more dangerous trajectory towards earth or our moon?
Also, could you please tell us why you concluded that Elenin's radius is 31mi/50km?

IT--
edit on 14-2-2011 by edog11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by edog11

Oh yes! I would love to see the MOON GONE FOREVER OUT OF THE SKY!

Shameless celestial body!
Only shows us one side of "HER" !
Can you believe the nerve?!

Never heard of this "new " comet!
Keep posting news about it!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join