It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt's military throws its weight behind Mubarak

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Egypt's military throws its weight behind Mubarak

news.yahoo.com

CAIRO – Egypt's military threw its weight Friday behind President Hosni Mubarak's plan to stay in office through September elections while protesters fanned out to the presidential palace in Cairo and other key symbols of the authoritarian regime in a new push to force the leader to step down immediately.

The statement came several hours after Mubarak refused to step down or leave Egypt and instead handed most of his powers to his vice president Omar Suleiman, enraging protesters who pleaded
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
First off, it was the title of the article that got my attention. After reading it, the title is a bit misleading.

The military threw their weight behind Mubarak's decision to stay in office until September and give the VP most of the power.

From the article title, I thought the military meant they were going to keep Mubarak in power, and support him as a continuing dictator. That wasnt the case after reading it.

The article says the protesters dont want the VP in power either.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Yeah.. I'm pretty sure the military is staying neutral. They are just trying to protect everyone and everything.
I wish I believed our military would act this way if it came down to it in the U.S.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
I wish I believed our military would act this way if it came down to it in the U.S.

Isn't it sad that we have to question whether they would or not?

The "Continuity of Government" plan dictates they would not. Since they wrote it down... it means the "law" stands against an uprising.

Sadly, they keep it secret... because the people should never know they have no choices when it comes to dissent.
edit on 11-2-2011 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
They shouldn't want Suleiman in power, either. They are right. He is nothing but another CIA shill.

The man who ran Egypt’s torture program on behalf of the CIA was Omar Suleiman, the feared head of the Egyptian General Intelligence Directorate (EGID), who was named by President Hosni Mubarak as Vice President after the popular rebellion against Mubarak’s regime swept Egypt.

bigfatfurrytexan.wordpress.com...

He is just another iteration of the Worldwide Intelligence Government (the State Mafia). With him, there lies no freedom.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
the unsettled situation plays directly into the hands of the manipulators of the USA Empire.

with disarray in multiple areas, with protests, unrest and the potential for riots and rebellion
the USD will remain a strong and stableizing force in the world.
Exactly what the USA is counting on

any replacing of the USD as the worlds reserve currency...or the USD as the petro-dollar
in which all countries are required to pay their petroleum imports from OPEC in USDs...
all will remain in force.

That is until the world has enought relatively quiet & peaceful times in which to negotiate
just what basket of currencies shall replace the USD as the reserve currency & petro-dollar

switching from fiat money to gold or silver coinage or even metal-asset backed currency
is...and will remain... On Hold --> until these geo-political destabilizations are quelled

having Egypt in turmoil is the best possibility for the USA presence in the middle east
which is short of a war or bombardment of Iran for instance.
Egypt is a centerstone for many in the N. African and middle eastern nations to follow...
with a departure of Egypt from the western-sphere of influence
the eventual Islamic Caliphate is given greater odds of being created...in opposition to the West

but...the USA through various channels, covert/political-diplomatic/militaristic/economic...
will keep this action on the 'simmer' level for some time...

now then there's Ethiopia, Sudan, the nation where the USS Cole was bombed, and many
other candidates for unrest by the masses in the area of IT revolutions, networking of social
info mediums...

USA is crumbling, and will take many with it
edit on 11-2-2011 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Enough resources spent, regardless of how you communicate to society, the clock has already been primed and you along with us know exactly the time frame.

top topics

join