It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Avian flu human deaths

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Avian flu human deaths

hisz.rsoe.hu

A new fatal case of bird flu - avian influenza A/(H5N1) virus infection - was reported yesterday on 9 Feb 2011 in Monoufia governorate. The victim was a 43 year old agricultural worker. Dr Hisham Atta, deputy minister of health said that the victim had been detained at hospital in Shebin 2 days ago after symptoms of the disease had begun.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
hisz.rsoe.hu

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Also a Cambodia case from same site - did a search but didn't find anything, which I thought was strange.

Cambodia case reads:

A five-year-old Cambodian girl has died from bird flu, the World Health Organisation said Wednesday, in the first reported fatality from the virus since early last year. The girl fell ill in the capital Phnom Penh on January 30 and was taken to hospital with symptoms of coughing and shortness of breath, a joint statement from Cambodia and the UN's public health arm said. She died on February 4. "Despite intensive medical care, the girl died 12 hours after admission from complications,"

hisz.rsoe.hu
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I didn't get a flu shot last year and guess what, I got the flu. So I got one this year, and so far so good.
I always drink orange juice everyday and I really think that helps too.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by maybee

I didnt get a flu shot last year and guess what? Yeah you got it i did NOT get the flu.

Just thought it important to give my experiences too.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by coffeesniffer
reply to post by maybee

I didnt get a flu shot last year and guess what? Yeah you got it i did NOT get the flu.

Just thought it important to give my experiences too.

Well, I have allergy problems and seem to get sick easier than some. Not advocating flu shots or anything, just a personal note. I just seem to get sick less when I get a flu shot.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by maybee

Thats why my personal account matters along with yours, we are each different genetically, lifestlye, culture, geographic etc etc and life will effect us accordingly.

Just to add I am now 41 I have never had a flu shot and Ive had flu once when i was 23 (not pleasent i must add but then its the flu not a cold so not unexpected)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   

reply to post by maybee

Thats why my personal account matters along with yours, we are each different genetically, lifestlye, culture, geographic etc etc and life will effect us accordingly.

Just to add I am now 41 I have never had a flu shot and Ive had flu once when i was 23 (not pleasent i must add but then its the flu not a cold so not unexpected)

Well, I work in a school and there are always lots of sneezing, coughing, fevers and I'm the one they come to when they're sick and need to call home. I usually get sneezed on a couple of times a day
So, I have to be a little extra careful. The orange juice, though, I think really helps alot too.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by maybee

That would be a lifestyle difference as i described but just to throw a spanner in the works I worked until a couple of years ago in a large school of 1750 kids and I did not get the flu

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   

reply to post by maybee

That would be a lifestyle difference as i described but just to throw a spanner in the works I worked until a couple of years ago in a large school of 1750 kids and I did not get the flu

OMG...If I worked around that many kids, I think I would wear one of those bio-hazard suits.

2nd line...

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
In case anyone is interested, I have a running thread that is updated daily that includes all viruses, plagues, pestilence, bird, fish & animal deaths. You can view it HERE. Also feel free to add to it, if you'd like.

new topics

top topics

join