It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

vivid dreams over the last few months

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by legitbrah

Originally posted by TheDreamerCalledJohn
reply to post by legitbrah

Well, at least you are trying, it usually takes time.

Also, remember violence is not always the way to deal with some of these dream situations, sometimes you can use verbal commands and/or questions.

But it can be very hard in dreams that seem very real, as you already know.

Good luck and thank you for the update.

The dream is so real that usually I am talking, but I have no controal over what I am saying and thinking.

Its crazy ...

I think the only way I will be able to fully get over nightmares is to learn to lucid dream, and realize that i'm dreaming...

But i'm going to start making a dream journal tonight (something I should have done a long time ago), and I'll relpy back in a few days

Yep, I think learning to lucid dream would be one of the best approaches.

Keeping a dream journal is often key to helping with that and dream recall, so it is great that you are going to start journaling your dreams.

Here are some things that have helped others and myself to increase our chances of lucid dreaming:

1. Do reality checks at various times in the real world, such as: asking yourself if you are dreaming (out loud & in your mind), look at a clock & look away & then see if the time is still correct, look at your hands & see if they look normal, turn a light switch on & off & see if it works, open a book & see if you can read it, etc.

2. Using your dream journal look for various patterns in your dreams and try to find things that you can use to help you realize that you are dreaming, such as: if you often dream about a certain fictional place often you can train yourself to do your reality checks and/or realize that you are dreaming whenever you see this fictional place, if you notice that certain real world objects/living things/senses/etc are missing often in your dream then you can train yourself to do your reality checks and/or to realize that you are dreaming whenever you notice these missing things, etc.

3. Train yourself to ask other dream characters and/or the dream world itself if you are dreaming, if this is a dream, if they are a dream character and/or is this a dream world, etc.

4. Think about your dreams more often, talk about your dreams more often, write about your dreams more often, listen to your dreams more often, and/or other people's dreams.

5. Practice reminding yourself to remember your dreams and to realize that you are dreaming (especially right before going to sleep); practice this in your mind, out loud, in front of the mirror, type it/write it, read it, etc.

6. When you wake up in the morning, be still, keep your eyes closed, and take a few minutes to think about and/or record your dreams before getting out of bed.

7. Keep a notebook and/or recording device and/or something near your bed that you can use to record your dreams soon as possible.

Good luck, I am here if you need me.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Onboard2

looking into getting a dreamcatcher...

i dont like these dreams one bit.

nightmares.

It sounds like you are working through your fears in your dreams, that's all. This is causing you a lot of anxiety, but you are okay, right? You need to find a safe place within you to be calm and centered. I think the catalyst is the sighting of the UFO and your sleep pattern is more restless? Think of yourself as a divine being and you have your own power within you that has guided you this far and will continue.

Yes, thank you

I have a safe place within myself.

but when im dreaming, and not LUCID dreaming, i'm not thinking and feeling like myself.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDreamerCalledJohn

Thank you so much! That seems like really good advice.

I had a small breakthrough last night... After being asleep for about 5 hours and having the usual crazy adventure dreams...
I found myself in a room very similar to mine, but with more couches... and there were 4-5 girls, each on a couch.

This is when i realized I was dreaming... So I was like: "holy # im lucid dreaming!!! I better try to # one of these girls before I wake up!"

I thought this as I walked over to the closest girl, but like I said, It was dark, so I couldn't see their face untill I went up close to them

But when I did, my mind didn't create on image of a human face... It was like a dark, scary, demon/devil face....

This scared the # out of me ... So I made myself wake up as fast as I could

At least I know I can lucid dream now.... I just need to do it differently...

Thanks for all the help!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

reply to post by TheDreamerCalledJohn

Thank you so much! That seems like really good advice.

I had a small breakthrough last night... After being asleep for about 5 hours and having the usual crazy adventure dreams...
I found myself in a room very similar to mine, but with more couches... and there were 4-5 girls, each on a couch.

This is when i realized I was dreaming... So I was like: "holy # im lucid dreaming!!! I better try to # one of these girls before I wake up!"

I thought this as I walked over to the closest girl, but like I said, It was dark, so I couldn't see their face untill I went up close to them

But when I did, my mind didn't create on image of a human face... It was like a dark, scary, demon/devil face....

This scared the # out of me ... So I made myself wake up as fast as I could

At least I know I can lucid dream now.... I just need to do it differently...

Thanks for all the help!

Wow!!!!!!!! That was Fast!!!!

The student has become the teacher.

Now you just have to practice keeping Lucid Dreams stable, but you did better than I did on my first try.

I use to make the same mistake of rushing to control the dream too fast.

For some of us, trying to stay calm and slowly start to control the dream and/or work/try to keep the dream stable, is usually better than rushing.

Usually it is easier to leave the dream characters how they already look, but if you do want to change their appearance and/or create a dream character, usually you should start small; change their hair first or something or shirt or if you are creating a dream character then try to think of what you want them to look like in your mind first and try to focus on that image while creating them.

Congratulations, and good luck; I look forward to hearing more good news in the near future.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Hello,

I really do not know where to post this so I'll try to post my dream a couple of places. Mods please move the posting to the right forum.

I do have dreams and most of the time they do come true the only problem is that I am unable to interpret them correctly to find out what exactly will happen.

here is my Dream for the night of March 20th , 2011

I wake up on morning of March 21st and come out of my room, Its about 6:30 in the morning. I see that my parents are glued to TV. normally they both leave for work early so I ask them if they are feeling ok? If something is wrong?

They tell me they that when they work up and switched on TV to get whether update all channels were reporting an attack on US and India. They said that Florida, South Florida, California specifically LA & surrounding areas, Washington State and some place in India have been hit by a massive terrorist attack.

There is a huge Mushroom cloud that can bee seen on TV Coverage but no body is confirming a Nuke attack.
Now I start to watch TV & find out that indeed terrorist attacks happened but no one is confirming a Nuke attack and no reports on casualties either.

We decide that even though we live in Toronto, Canada it will be wise to stock up on few items (Fuel, Food & Water). I go back to my room to get ready.

At this very moment my dream breaks I get up and check my clock to find out that its March 21st, 2011 and the time is 5:00 EST and everyone else is still asleep.
Technically the dream should not restart because it has never happened before.

But as I go back to sleep I start to dream again and this time I find myself in a huge convention hall. there are a lots of people there but there is no party or any event being held instead everyone is waiting and there are wall mounted TV's everywhere and the same news is being played (about the terror attacks) but there is new information now all the news channels are reporting that some country in Middle East did this to teach us a lesson.
Soon people start talking that they have to leave. but everyone is afraid to open the doors. and I am wondering that we are all in Canada nothing happened here and we should get back to home but someone does open the door and I see dust all around and then I see a Huge mushroom cloud in the direction of downtown.

At this moment I again wake up and find that time now is 6:30 am March 21st, 2011 I come out of my room to find out that my parents are getting ready to go to work and there is nothing unusual and I go back to sleep (I have my own business so I start my work late)

Now I again start to dream but this time I can see my self sleeping and I can hear someone constantly whisper to me that there have been terror attacks in USA & India and something big will happen in Canada and I should prepare my self. for next 1 hour i constantly go to sleep and come out of it in 5 minutes and each time i close my eyes and I have just fallen sleep the voice starts to whisper again.

I finally get up at 7:30 am March 21st,2011. First thing i do is switch on TV , there is nothing, nothing happened and all is well.

so here is my dream folks.

But I must say one thing whenever I have dreams like this any even that does happen is not exactly in sync with my dreams. for example in December 2004 before the Asian earthquake and Tsunami I dreamed and that large amount of water rushed through my home but damaged my car only requiring extensive repairs two days from that day my Cars transmission & computer failed good thing though I still had warranty coverage but on the fifth day I woke up to learn that there has been an earthquake and tsunami and hundreds are dead.

mostly my dreams relate to my personal life so I do not discuss them or post them but this dream I had is too important to ignore. So I post it here to get an interpretation.

I must admit that for last several days MSM has been filled with japan earthquake and Middle east crisis so it my be my subconscious playing tricks on me but I welcome all your comments and interpretations.

Thanks
Lordvader

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by lordvader
Hello,

I really do not know where to post this so I'll try to post my dream a couple of places. Mods please move the posting to the right forum.

I do have dreams and most of the time they do come true the only problem is that I am unable to interpret them correctly to find out what exactly will happen.

here is my Dream for the night of March 20th , 2011

I wake up on morning of March 21st and come out of my room, Its about 6:30 in the morning. I see that my parents are glued to TV. normally they both leave for work early so I ask them if they are feeling ok? If something is wrong?

They tell me they that when they work up and switched on TV to get whether update all channels were reporting an attack on US and India. They said that Florida, South Florida, California specifically LA & surrounding areas, Washington State and some place in India have been hit by a massive terrorist attack.

There is a huge Mushroom cloud that can bee seen on TV Coverage but no body is confirming a Nuke attack.
Now I start to watch TV & find out that indeed terrorist attacks happened but no one is confirming a Nuke attack and no reports on casualties either.

We decide that even though we live in Toronto, Canada it will be wise to stock up on few items (Fuel, Food & Water). I go back to my room to get ready.

At this very moment my dream breaks I get up and check my clock to find out that its March 21st, 2011 and the time is 5:00 EST and everyone else is still asleep.
Technically the dream should not restart because it has never happened before.

But as I go back to sleep I start to dream again and this time I find myself in a huge convention hall. there are a lots of people there but there is no party or any event being held instead everyone is waiting and there are wall mounted TV's everywhere and the same news is being played (about the terror attacks) but there is new information now all the news channels are reporting that some country in Middle East did this to teach us a lesson.
Soon people start talking that they have to leave. but everyone is afraid to open the doors. and I am wondering that we are all in Canada nothing happened here and we should get back to home but someone does open the door and I see dust all around and then I see a Huge mushroom cloud in the direction of downtown.

At this moment I again wake up and find that time now is 6:30 am March 21st, 2011 I come out of my room to find out that my parents are getting ready to go to work and there is nothing unusual and I go back to sleep (I have my own business so I start my work late)

Now I again start to dream but this time I can see my self sleeping and I can hear someone constantly whisper to me that there have been terror attacks in USA & India and something big will happen in Canada and I should prepare my self. for next 1 hour i constantly go to sleep and come out of it in 5 minutes and each time i close my eyes and I have just fallen sleep the voice starts to whisper again.

I finally get up at 7:30 am March 21st,2011. First thing i do is switch on TV , there is nothing, nothing happened and all is well.

so here is my dream folks.

But I must say one thing whenever I have dreams like this any even that does happen is not exactly in sync with my dreams. for example in December 2004 before the Asian earthquake and Tsunami I dreamed and that large amount of water rushed through my home but damaged my car only requiring extensive repairs two days from that day my Cars transmission & computer failed good thing though I still had warranty coverage but on the fifth day I woke up to learn that there has been an earthquake and tsunami and hundreds are dead.

mostly my dreams relate to my personal life so I do not discuss them or post them but this dream I had is too important to ignore. So I post it here to get an interpretation.

I must admit that for last several days MSM has been filled with japan earthquake and Middle east crisis so it my be my subconscious playing tricks on me but I welcome all your comments and interpretations.

Thanks
Lordvader

Thank you for sharing that, that was indeed interesting, I had a dream last night with nuclear explosions in it too, but in France also the dream world was a fusion of two older eras and the modern era:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join