It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally got the rings of death!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I guess the 360 has had a good run, 6 years!

I did hope I had a rare exception to the rule but it wasn't to be...

Was halfway through Dead Space 2 as well!

Aaarrrrgghhhh!!!

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I am sorry.

That sucks to the max.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Nice work!

My first Xbox ringed on day 4. That one went back to the store in exchange for a brand new one. New one rings out on day 14 (no joke store had a 14 day return policy), allowing me to return it to the store rather than dealing with MS and sending it in for a fix. Third times a charm! Still got number 3 after 2 and half years. Although I haven't played it or even turned it on in well over 8 months...

-Lightrule

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Lightrule

Geez that's a tough run!

My warranty ran out a loooong time ago

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
i would be pissed man. i've had mine for almost 3 years and it hasn't went out on me. i've seen the red lights but unpluggin that big ugly box they call a power source or whatever the hell fixed it. honestly i can't wait to buy a new one. ther're so sexy and all you gotta do is touch to turn it on. oooo...i get all tingly just thinkin about it.
edit on 11-2-2011 by zak89 because: mistake

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

When I went back to the store the second time I took back with me the game that came with the bundle as I forgot to return it with the first xbox. It was the same kid doing the return for me on the second go-round, he remembered me from the first 4-day return and must have took pity on me because he gave the game back to me and told me to keep it, then he took the game (different bundle) and the controller out of the second returned Xbox box and gave those both to me and told me to keep them as well. So I came out of the whole ordeal with an extra controller and 2 games.

-Lightrule

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
My first 360, bought on the day they were released... ringed in about a month. I fought with Microsoft, as did many, for about a year before they finally admitted that there had been cooling issues. They sent me a box, to do a mail swap, and I was off with 360 #2.

That one ringed after about 14 months.

My latest attempt at 360... 9 months and I stupidly was so irked that I voided my warranty by opening the case in an attempt to trouble shoot it.

So... three 360's, about $800.bucks out of pocket for purchase price... roughly 23 or 24 months of gameplay - and not even on a daily basis (except for that little spurt of Oblivion addiction I had...
)

Needless to say, I am looking forward to my next purchase... a PS3.

ETA: This, BTW, on top of having gone through 4 X-box originals... played those until they simply refused to read media any longer.
edit on 2/11/11 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
I guess the 360 has had a good run, 6 years!

I did hope I had a rare exception to the rule but it wasn't to be...

Was halfway through Dead Space 2 as well!

Aaarrrrgghhhh!!!

Dead Space 2...
Never had any of those problems on the PC..

What a shame
)))) Lol

*rubs it in, console*

Briliant damn game tho, man...

- EDIT

CRIKEY! Everyone almost in this thread is saying Console Errors?

I don't wanna start a war, but.... *snickers* YOU HAVE PC'S!!! oO

this is sooo weird.. I'll shuttup now, because I know I'm walking barefoot amongst really angry snakes

edit on 11/2/2011 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I went through 2 original boxes too, I'll be getting another 360 when budget permits.

Sucker for pain much?

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

Oh yeah my laptop spat it last night too, spent the morning reformatting it.

Damn technology...

Thanks for making me feel better about it too btw...

Damn consoles AND PC's!

edit on 11/2/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   

reply to post by Hefficide

I went through 2 original boxes too, I'll be getting another 360 when budget permits.

Sucker for pain much?

74 FOOT font

Oo

/74 FOOT font

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   

reply to post by badw0lf

Oh yeah my laptop spat it last night too, spent the morning reformatting it.

Damn technology...

Thanks for making me feel better about it too btw...

Lol, yeah, I know... windows 7 on my PC is hitting me for a rebuild and I only did that a few weeks ago, but it beats buying a new PC !!

*runs away, hearing steel cap boots stomping after me*

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I got the yellow ring of death on my ps3 a month ago, Never really been an Xbox or video game fan. Was about 5 years old, $100 and something bucks for replacing so i just bought the new slim ones. Was almost done with COD blackops, Can't really be bothered to play it anymore.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   

May your 360 xbox, rest in peace!

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   

why are you not on the ps3?

(i'm suppressing my fanboy urges with all my might)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Serizawa

oh crap. ps3 too? gotta lurk around about this.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by neowakko

Yeah for the PS3 it's the YLOD look it up, I had the big 60gb first generation replaced it with a slim 320gb GT5 bundle.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Yea I got a ring of death, then got it fixed by a local guy. Then fixed it myself through ebay.
Then finally on the 4th RoD I decided to get a new one with hdmi output with the Jasper Chip so it won't over heat. Also came with a Harley Disk drive! Nothing more noisy than a good old fashion Xbox disk drive!
That's why Xbox let's you down load the cd to the hd.
After the Jasper Chip model, xbox came out with the new Slim (S) model. I also read that some have had issues with the S model. If you ask me, who ever runs the show in xbox land needs a good arse kick'n!!

I also have the ps3 slim with 320g now that is a nice console.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I bought a 360 about 6 months ago that turned out to be one of the original models. It would freeze constantly when displaying anything above 480p and died on me about 2 weeks after I bougth it. Returned it and they gave me a Jasper model instead

It's too bad though, I don't even use it anymore since I have 3 PCs far more powerful

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Found a new one on special (below cost!), will be purchasing tomorrow, comes with kinect too.

As for no PS3?

Well besides having to restart my game collection I really don't have a reason for not getting a PS3, I had an original PS1 and loved it, even when the laser was failing and it had to be tilted on it's side against a fan so it didn't overheat

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join