It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prescription Pain Medicine Recalled By Manufacturer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I couldn't find this posted anywhere. I thought some folks here may need to know about it. I recieved this link just now via email. My husband takes this for a back injury, and until now we didn't know anything about it. I assume if I didn't know, others may be unaware as well.

Qualitest Pharmaceuticals, a generic drug manufacturer, has recalled about 11,000 bottles of its hydrocodone with acetaminophen tablets.

The recall was announced February 5 after one bottle was found to be mislabeled, causing the medication to be identified as phenobarbital. As a result of the mix-up patients may unintentionally take hydrocodone and acetaminophen tablets, instead of the intended dose of phenobarbital.

Consumers who have affected product should stop using the product and contact Qualitest at 1-800-444-4011 for reimbursement. The lot number can be found on the side of the bottle.

The recall includes the following products: hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen tablets, USP 10mg / 500mg, NDC 0603-3888-20, 60 count, lot numbers T150G10B, T120J10E and T023M10A. Phenobarbital tablets: USP 32.4 mg, NDC 0603-5166-32, 1000 count, lot numbers T150G10B, T120J10E and T023M10A.

These lots were distributed between Sept. 21 and Dec. 29, 2010, to wholesale and retail pharmacies nationwide (including Puerto Rico).

Mine was not of the lot that got recalled. There are a lot of bottles still unaccounted for that are part of this recall.

According to the manufacturer, the error was discovered as a printing error and immediately corrected. About 5,000 bottles were found in the warehouse prior to pharmacy shipment which leaves 6,000 bottles out in the marketplace.

Qualitest and Endo Pharmaceuticals, Inc., notified the Food and Drug Administration and wholesale and retail pharmacies of the recall.

No injuries have been reported to date.

Adverse reactions or quality problems experienced with the use of this product may be reported to the manufacturer or to FDA's MedWatch Adverse Event Reporting program either on line, by regular mail, or by fax. -- Telephone: 1-800-444-4011 -- Online: www.fda.gov...

Just an FYI if anyone needs it. If not, no harm no foul.

articles.sun-sentinel.com...

edit on 2/11/2011 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
If these are prescription medications, how would anyone receiving the pills know if their pills came from the recalled lots? I mean, when a pharmacist fills a prescription for these types of medications, it is usually (almost always) by taking the pills from a bulk lot, counting out the number of pills prescribed by the doctor, packaging them into smaller containers and labeling them with the prescription information.

I just took a look at my prescription bottle for Hydrocodone-APAP and didn't see any lot number on the label that would even closely resemble one of the numbers listed in the article.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Underworlds

The pharmacy should have it on record for you. They have (atleast mine did) the lot # in the database, especially since it is a controlled substance.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe
reply to post by Underworlds

The pharmacy should have it on record for you. They have (atleast mine did) the lot # in the database, especially since it is a controlled substance.

Thanx. I'll have to definitely check with them. My pills have the correct markings on them and everything, but still... it's a lot better to be safe than sorry.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I just checked my bottle there not on the recall list thanks for posting this..

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I guess I should have followed up on this discussion, but let it slip through the cracks instead. Anyhow, I checked with my pharmacist and my meds are good. I seriously do appreciate this information being brought to everyone's attention.

new topics

top topics

join