It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No. 1 priority for US security: 'domestic terrorism', threat report says

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
You really have to hate the direction society is headed. Whoever is at the helm of these changes, is evil in every sense of the word.

This is clearly aimed against Wikileaks supporters and the like.

Against national security / not in the public interest = Against the politician criminal's security / PTB's interests

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

No, cops don't police themselves, Internal affairs does. How many of these stories do you follow up on? Do you just think that the cop doing the bad thing is the end of the story? I doubt you seriously follow up on every single bent cop case out there or even a healthy percentage of them.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by backinblack

See, I think the problem with many Americans is that they see the government as a omnipresent entity in and of itself instead of a construct made up by Americans.

Many Americans have basically dehumanized police and government to be these monsters when in fact the people within the police and government are just doing jobs. If people stopped thinking that the government is this omnipresent entity and instead saw it for what it really is, they would be far less scared of it and would actually figure out reasonable solutions instead of thinking that killing their fellow Americans is justifiable.

You think US citizens have dehumanized our Govt/police and made them out to be monsters? I'd say that's about as bacwards as it gets, besides turn abouts fair play, no?

I do not consider a very large majority of our govt true American's anymore, they don't act in our best interest, could care less about the citizens, do nothing but lie and pursue their personal political parties agendas, even though they know what they're doing is wrong. I spoke to my (Dem) State Senators slash/dash/intern yesterday, they sound concerened about some of our issues but they're so out of touch with the public and our realities that we face. They have no clue how their agendas and ideologies has and will effect the citizens and they don't want to know. I have to say he was not able to answer not one of my concerns and questions with even half common sense, it was all side stepping.

As far as the police, I've had four friends in the force over the yrs, three have quit and changed careers because they got tired of the brainwashing and couldn't stand to be a part of it no more. They're not all bad and I know a few good ones that just want to do their jobs but they're becoming farther and fewer between as the guard changes.
edit on 11-2-2011 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

reply to post by DimensionalDetective

One doesn't have to look too far for real threats to the people of this country by some of the people in this country.

They don't exist. TPTB frame-up innocent people and call them "terrorists".

Sorry, but there are people in this country today that want to hurt their fellow Americans. These people chant slogans like "We need to take our country back". They post on sites like ATS how they want to kill members of the government or police officers, you know, their fellow Americans?

Who? Where? Post some examples PR tool.

There are also propagandists too that are in these groups, that post on sites like this every single day how bad the police are, they scour the news networks for any report of police misconduct and try and propagandize that as a reason to be disloyal to the country.

Oh ok a propagandist... Like yourself. What do you mean by being disloyal? Is this a representative REPUBLIC or a fascist corporate oligarchy? Do we swear alligience to corporate? What happens when the monopolistic central bureacracy is oppressive or abusive? Do we sing Nirvana and ACDC then? lol

There is a serious threat to Americans today, and it's by some Americans who can't stand that this country is changing, and want to go back to a 1776 version of this country complete with legalizing slavery and stripping the rights of women and people who don't own property.

We are already slaves anyway. Just now everyone is a slave and they try to keep it secret. Corporate/globalists have all our rights now.

They call themselves revolutionaries, or see themselves as wanting to fight for freedom, however after talking to many of these people extensively, they really seem to want a fascist state where only a select few have any rights and the rest are subjugated to them.

I'll take your word for it PR tool. Do they pay well over there? I guess corporate didn't outsource your job yet.So you support a leadership that paids people like yourself to go on a public conspiracy message board and advise us on how to properly think and be "good loyal americans"?

Does any of that bother you PR tool?

2 illegal wars.
Patriot act.
no WMD in Iraq.
Bailout grand theft.
Illegal FIAT currency.
Oil/drug imperialism wars.
illegal tax on income

So you are saying we are not allowed to disagree with the government's policies?

If we are only allowed to agree with the government's policies under threat of imprisonment,family murder,poisoning,being called a [insert sounding scary label] etc are we not fascist police state?

So your the political alignment police?...eh...The opinion police? Thought police? So if we have an illegal personality or thought pattern we are extremists or radicals right?

Just throw anyone that doesn't share your narrow authoritarian world view in prison or kill them off.

Praise Mao!

Just leave this board (along with your parrot accounts) and go FUD-up another board.

No one here wants to hurt anyone your just making that crap up to scare people.
edit on 11-2-2011 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

reply to post by backinblack

See, I think the problem with many Americans is that they see the government as a omnipresent entity in and of itself instead of a construct made up by Americans.

Many Americans have basically dehumanized police and government to be these monsters when in fact the people within the police and government are just doing jobs. If people stopped thinking that the government is this omnipresent entity and instead saw it for what it really is, they would be far less scared of it and would actually figure out reasonable solutions instead of thinking that killing their fellow Americans is justifiable.

What are you talking about?

Who is advocating killing innocent people? I am an Anarchist and I know killing innocent people is wrong PERIOD.

I don't even support the death penalty either.

Post some examples of these "threats" PR tool.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

Unfortunately I am not lying, or making anything up, all you have to do is read through many of the revolution threads on the board here and you will see for yourself.

I am certainly not going to do your homework for you, if you are too lazy to do it yourself, then that's your problem and yours alone.

Unlike some, this is my only account here, sorry, but I am not going anywhere, and I dare you to try and make me.

Funny, how you don't like what I say so you want to silence me, doesn't seem very free to me, seems like the fascism I was talking about. If a person truly believes in freedom, then they believe in the freedom of opposing opinion and can take those opposing opinions without resorting to childish ad homenim attacks like calling someone a PR Tool.

I find it funny that just because I don't wanna destroy this government or burn this country to the ground, I have to put up with malcontents and juvenile posters who have really nothing to add to the conversation but want to attack me personally.

Sorry to bust your bubble, but we do live in a republic, and because of that, and because of the Constitution (which an Anarchist shouldn't actually put any faith in), we the people really do have all the power to really change this government for the better. However, some people would rather burn it down, (some just for the pleasure of destroying the USA).

Funny how some who want to destroy this country and this government sound a lot like Islamic Terrorists when you really sit down and think about it.
edit on 2/11/2011 by whatukno because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

Unfortunately I am not lying, or making anything up, all you have to do is read through many of the revolution threads on the board here and you will see for yourself.

I am certainly not going to do your homework for you, if you are too lazy to do it yourself, then that's your problem and yours alone.

Unlike some, this is my only account here, sorry, but I am not going anywhere, and I dare you to try and make me.

Funny, how you don't like what I say so you want to silence me, doesn't seem very free to me, seems like the fascism I was talking about. If a person truly believes in freedom, then they believe in the freedom of opposing opinion and can take those opposing opinions without resorting to childish ad homenim attacks like calling someone a PR Tool.

I find it funny that just because I don't wanna destroy this government or burn this country to the ground, I have to put up with malcontents and juvenile posters who have really nothing to add to the conversation but want to attack me personally.

Sorry to bust your bubble, but we do live in a republic, and because of that, and because of the Constitution (which an Anarchist shouldn't actually put any faith in), we the people really do have all the power to really change this government for the better. However, some people would rather burn it down, (some just for the pleasure of destroying the USA).

Funny how some who want to destroy this country and this government sound a lot like Islamic Terrorists when you really sit down and think about it.
edit on 2/11/2011 by whatukno because: (no reason given)

I find it interesting how we can all look at the same painting but yet see something completely different pending individual interpretation.
I don't think most Americans want to see this country destroyed, compromised or a revolution, opposite IMO. We want a positive change in the direction of our country and can't stomach the corruption much longer. "We the People" do have the power to make change. The million dollar question is how do you get everybody on the same page to take action and make a change in a civil manner?

I recently had a conversation with a member here, where although we expressed our differences, our similarities had more common ground than not and we're probably both the wiser for having a simple understanding of each others views, it was that easy. Don't take everything as a personal attack when one may be just expressing their views with earnest.

Eg;
How can you say this.........

then they believe in the freedom of opposing opinion and can take those opposing opinions without resorting to childish ad homenim attacks like calling someone a PR Tool.

and then this?

if you are too lazy to do it yourself, then that's your problem and yours alone.

I have to put up with malcontents and juvenile posters who have really nothing to add to the conversation but want to attack me personally

Just saying.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by mtnshredder

I don't think most Americans want to see this country destroyed, compromised or a revolution, opposite IMO. We want a positive change in the direction of our country and can't stomach the corruption much longer. "We the People" do have the power to make change. The million dollar question is how do you get everybody on the same page to take action and make a change in a civil manner?

I agree, I believe that most people would not want to see this country destroyed or in a violent civil war or revolution. We do have the power to change it for the better, it took us a long time to get to this point and it will take us a long time to get back to where we need to be.

I am not sure how to get everyone on the same page, because people have different opinions on how they think the country should be run. I think a balance needs to be taken, and not have one particular group have all the say or force their will upon the whole of the country.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Yes, Checks and Balances now have the same team owner and is at fault by original intent of design.
If we can collectively start working on a real solution of our problems instead of focusing on what and where we went wrong, we could get on with our life's a lot sooner than later. Way to much focus on what's wrong with little action and resolution of the negatives we all know need to be corrected in order for us to move forward in a positive manner.
I find it ironic out of the millions of people in this country Jesse Ventura (publicity hype or not) is one of the few standing up against the thugs that are smiling and depositing millions in their bank accounts at the cost of our civil liberties. If people new how scared our govt is of us it would be an overnight game changer. Obama is singing a different tune in the last few months since being put in his place. Sham Wow pitch gone bad.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

actually DD,
there are 2 stories in this article.
a story within a story.

The most obvious one you have
already alluded to. The one you didn't is
here:

defended the performance of US intelligence-gatherers in the Middle East, who have been widely criticized for failing to predict the current showdown on streets of Egypt.

the CIA was PRESUMED to have failed predicting
the protest in Egypt when in actuality, they were
involved deeply within it. Don't you just love how
he tossed out the inference that the CIA had
no knowledge and defended their lack of
intelligence.

once again we have that very same chip being
used like 9/11. We didn't know anything about it
(acting so innocent). So some disinfo was
disseminated in that article, even if it wasn't the
headline.

new topics