It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No. 1 priority for US security: 'domestic terrorism', threat report says

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

No. 1 priority for US security: 'domestic terrorism', threat report says

www.csmonitor.com

"Absolutely our No. 1 priority” is identifying Americans intent on doing harm to their own country, Michael Leiter, the director of the National Counterterrorism Center, told the House Intelligence Committee.

The panel of intelligence officials also cited the devastating potential for cyberattacks and defended the performance of US intelligence-gatherers in the Middle East, who have been widely criticized for failing to predict the current showdown on streets of Egypt.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Umm, anyone else besides me see where this may be going?

They specifically identify and name americans intent on doing harm to their own country. And also a reference to cyber-attacks. A nice little coincidence? Or tie-in to more net control and surveillance?

They are shifting the war over to our OWN people now. And you can bet that gov dissenters are likely on this list. Of course we have the reference to "Al CIAda is looking to recruit americans", but how many here are still falling for these types of fear-mongering fairy tales?

One doesn't have to stretch things too far to see who this language is being geared toward...

www.csmonitor.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Looks like going through TSA checkpoints at Shopping Malls, bus depots and many other places is closer than you think..
Ohh, and internet freedom? How long will that last?

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Good find dude. I've been expecting for the past 5 years for them to finally start changing the language to put the cross-hair on the citizens of the US. As a side note. I read some of the comments on that site.There are some intelligent people posting in the comment section to that story. A good sign that more and more are realizing what's finally coming down the road.
edit on 11-2-2011 by Bonified Ween because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Great, their #1 priority is to protect us from our self's? Is it possible we could start a citizen run agency that would protect us from our politicians? I would love to have a restraining order that would not allow a politician within 1000 ft from me.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by mtnshredder

I would love to have a restraining order that would not allow a politician within 1000 ft from me.

Mate, the pollies try hard to do just that..
They are too good for us and we can't afford the places they go...

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
What about these cosy bank deals on wall street? That is going to do a lot of harm if things go bust and is the biggest threat I see to the nation.
edit on 11-2-2011 by kwakakev because: added 'do'

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by mtnshredder

I would love to have a restraining order that would not allow a politician within 1000 ft from me.

Mate, the pollies try hard to do just that..
They are too good for us and we can't afford the places they go...

LOL, yeah I know they just got it arse backwards!!!

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I think they are waking up to the fact that the money boys have painted a bullseye on their backs lol. Now they are starting to get really worried about the aftershocks as middle class slides down the tubes they coated with KY. Middle class was happy, and asleep, now as more and more find themselves losing their homes, and not able to come home and watch football and american idol.... Well you get the idea. The poor have been isolated in the PJ's forever now, they don't worry about them. When the working class really starts catching on to their games, well it is game over for them.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   

One doesn't have to look too far for real threats to the people of this country by some of the people in this country.

Sorry, but there are people in this country today that want to hurt their fellow Americans. These people chant slogans like "We need to take our country back". They post on sites like ATS how they want to kill members of the government or police officers, you know, their fellow Americans?

There are also propagandists too that are in these groups, that post on sites like this every single day how bad the police are, they scour the news networks for any report of police misconduct and try and propagandize that as a reason to be disloyal to the country.

There is a serious threat to Americans today, and it's by some Americans who can't stand that this country is changing, and want to go back to a 1776 version of this country complete with legalizing slavery and stripping the rights of women and people who don't own property.

They call themselves revolutionaries, or see themselves as wanting to fight for freedom, however after talking to many of these people extensively, they really seem to want a fascist state where only a select few have any rights and the rest are subjugated to them.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Just thought I would mention this from another thread (link to thread below):

Interview Raises Questions Over Weapons Of Mass Effect In San Diego

Below is the actual video. Makes you wonder what was found or where. But it definately sounds like a "weapon of mass effect" was found.

-ChriS

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

They call themselves revolutionaries, or see themselves as wanting to fight for freedom, however after talking to many of these people extensively, they really seem to want a fascist state where only a select few have any rights and the rest are subjugated to them.

Mate, the biggest threat to America was well warned by the founding fathers and others such as JFK..

The biggest threat is Government allowed to do as they wish...

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

See, I think the problem with many Americans is that they see the government as a omnipresent entity in and of itself instead of a construct made up by Americans.

Many Americans have basically dehumanized police and government to be these monsters when in fact the people within the police and government are just doing jobs. If people stopped thinking that the government is this omnipresent entity and instead saw it for what it really is, they would be far less scared of it and would actually figure out reasonable solutions instead of thinking that killing their fellow Americans is justifiable.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by backinblack

See, I think the problem with many Americans is that they see the government as a omnipresent entity in and of itself instead of a construct made up by Americans.

Many Americans have basically dehumanized police and government to be these monsters when in fact the people within the police and government are just doing jobs. If people stopped thinking that the government is this omnipresent entity and instead saw it for what it really is, they would be far less scared of it and would actually figure out reasonable solutions instead of thinking that killing their fellow Americans is justifiable.

Yes, most of us are lazy and would rather whine on a comp that actually get off our arses and do something, but that's exactly what the Government is counting on and why they get away with doing what they do..

They long ago stopped being the "voice" of the people..

Now they are mainly career politicians all in it to feather their own nest..
Nothing more...

Egypt is a prime example of what should happen when the people see their Government has gone beyond what they are there for..
A peacefull protest where the people speak and tell, yes TELL, the Government to step down..
That's the way it SHOULD work..

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   

One doesn't have to look too far for real threats to the people of this country by some of the people in this country.

Sorry, but there are people in this country today that want to hurt their fellow Americans. These people chant slogans like "We need to take our country back". They post on sites like ATS how they want to kill members of the government or police officers, you know, their fellow Americans?

There are also propagandists too that are in these groups, that post on sites like this every single day how bad the police are, they scour the news networks for any report of police misconduct and try and propagandize that as a reason to be disloyal to the country.

There is a serious threat to Americans today, and it's by some Americans who can't stand that this country is changing, and want to go back to a 1776 version of this country complete with legalizing slavery and stripping the rights of women and people who don't own property.

Over the years you have made it abundantly clear on which side of the political aisle you stand. Most of the time I read your posts and laugh and shake my head but this time I have to call you out.

You say people who chant slogans are part of the problem? People who don't believe cops have the right to shoot your dog when they raid the wrong house or taser you grandmother at a traffic stop are part of the problem? You further state that these people openly advocate the killing of their fellow Americans.

Please, for everyone's sake, cite some examples, otherwise your statements are nothing but sensationalism.

Your statement about the country changing and some wanting to legalize slavery and strip women's rights is asinine at best. You would be hard pressed to find anyone except maybe the most hard core white supremacist or neo-nazi who could back up your claim.

You state you've talked "extensively" to the "revolutionaries" and it seems to you that they want a fascist state where the many are governed by the few. Unless the definition of fascisim has changed and returning to a fiscally conservative and smaller government where the people are accountable for their actions and their will is expressed through their elected officials is now considered fascism, I would say you haven't talked to anyone.

I respect your right to express your opinions in a public forum but why don't you stop beating around the bush and say what you really mean, that you hate the Tea Party and conservative movement in this country because they represent a stumbling block to the "progress" the left has planned for this country..

Oh and before you accuse me of it, I don't have cable TV so no FOX news. I hardly watch TV and when I listen to the radio it's classic rock, not Sean Hannity or Rush Limbaugh.

I don't subscribe to the "left" right" paradigm, what I do subscribe to is saving this country from those who try to separate and attack what they do not agree with.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
I would think that:
- Staying out of other Countries business
- Stopping the support for repressive, totalitarian regimes, around the world
- Ending military unlawful military interventions
- Ending fear mongering, the us-against them mentality, and the war on American's Consciousness (a.k.a. "War on Terror)
- Stop trying to build a Totalitarian, Repressive, and Aggressive regime, in the USA.

If any of these where priorities of the USA, there would be no alleged "terrorism" threats, foreign, or domestic.
But no, have to implement Police State, have to feed the Military-Industrial complex, have to keep the people in fear, and appeal to their most basic instincts...

Like some Egyptian demonstrator said: "We don't hate America because of it's freedoms; we hate America because it hates our right to freedom".

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by survivalstation

I can't really say that these people that I am talking about are TEA Partiers, nor can I say that they are part of the Conservative movement. They may be in these two groups, however, these two groups aren't the ones I am talking about. I can't say that all TEA Partiers want this fascist state that I am talking about because it's just not true, that would be as flawed as saying that all Muslims are Terrorists.

I am talking about the extremist hard core that do fall on the right side of the political spectrum. I have read many many posts but unfortunately I cannot post them because for some reason moderators will edit those out as I have posted specific examples of such threatening talk before.

Some of these people believe that the 13th Amendment is a fake and has to be removed in favor of some made up 13th Amendment they concocted. These people don't believe that anyone but white male landowners deserve any rights and they want to basically try and hit a reset button back to 1776.

One poster in particular wants a special squad of 50 men to oversee all government and have execution authority over any elected person if this squad determines that they aren't acting in the best interests of the Constitution.

And for every example of a bad cop you find, I am sure there are at least 100 cops who don't do the things you describe. Even though some would like to paint every police officer as some evil bastard with a gun, again, it's just not true, like the every Muslim is a terrorist falacy. Yes there are some bad cops, some bad people are out there, however there are far more good cops out there that would never do the things you describe.

But the reality is that there are people in the United States that are so hell bent on trying to convince everyone that armed hostile revolution is the only way to go, that they are effectively silencing those that want to change this government for the better without having to resort to bloodshed.

Egypt is a good example of non violent protests and uprisings that can in fact work and create good change. It will be interesting to watch and see what Egypt does. But like some fear, the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt, I have my concerns about the radical right who want pretty much the same thing in America.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   

All this means is the police can kill someone for there friends. They just make it up, and without you ever committing a crime, they can make up the wildest accusations and say you will do this and that.

The police can kill you for doing nothing, but upsetting there friends.

Thats all this is.

But of course the victims in this will not be speaking out as they will be marginalised.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Or maybe it's because the threat of foreign terrorism is so remote that this is all there is to be prepared against. These reports have been saying this same damn thing ever since the mid-90's, and every time, ATS starts chewing its own teeth about how "THIS IS IT, MAN, GAME OVER!"

Please. This is the nation that knew full well that nineteen crazy men were going to plow planes into the World Trade Center and the Pentagon and did nothing about it because, "Eh, TV's on." You think they're going to get off their ass to hush you up about whatever the hell it is you spend your time jabbering about on the internet? hell no.

Your worry for the internet should be pointed at the corporations that are trying to control it. They're proactive, while hte government is reactive. Huge difference there.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   

And for every example of a bad cop you find, I am sure there are at least 100 cops who don't do the things you describe. Even though some would like to paint every police officer as some evil bastard with a gun, again, it's just not true, like the every Muslim is a terrorist falacy. Yes there are some bad cops, some bad people are out there, however there are far more good cops out there that would never do the things you describe.

Not an accurate comparison, actually. See, Police have a job - to police. That is they apprehend criminal suspects, investigate criminal activity, and the like. That's their job, it's a responsibility they have, and since they are on the public payroll to provide that service, they are expected to do so to the best of their ability. When a cop "goes bad," the "good cops" around him don't apprehend him. They either pretend it's not happening, or they back him up. In either case, they are betraying the public trust - one might even say they're, at the very least committing theft; getting paid for a job they are not performing. They are actively engaging in conspiracy to cause harm to those they have sworn to protect. So yes, when one cop goes bad, and the good cops do nothing about it, then they are bad cops, too.

Unlike Muslims, or Christians, or Neighbors, or Deadheads, or anyone else you can lump as a group, police actually ARE responsible for policing their own, and when they fail in that, they are guilty as much as the guy who's causing hte problem in the first place.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join