It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The real terrorist was me - A US Soldier

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

You nailed that. This is far bigger than some dumbassed fantasy. This is about the total disregard the leadership has for people in uniform, and the horrific effects that it has on them and others.

The simple fact is the politicians go home night after night to a fantastic dinner and a cozy bed, and probably some cozy companionship; meanwhile Marines sleep in dirt and are lucky if they have MREs, and oh yeah they get shot at and mortared and hit with RPGs.

Thank God I was in the Navy; I was never more than a few hours away from three hots and a cot, and if death showed up it would be real damned quick.

Everyone in Congress and the Presidency should have to go through a extensive basic training before they can assume office; they might be more reluctant to send us overseas and start wars.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

A G E N D A

But go ahead work yourself up into a lather.
I didn't mention any of the stuff you ranted about...

I simply let others know the truth, Try not to take it personally
unless of course it's your YouBube account?

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr

Very well said. I did not realize how deep anti-semitism ran until i became a member here.
It would seem the vast majority is the readership is convinced of some unproven "zionist conspiracy" to rule or destroy the world, but hey, i guess thats the nature of the game on a conspiracy website.
I feel for the plight of the jews, i really do. Easily the most maligned people in the history of mankind, and still persecuted. They are surrounded by Arab countries who want nothing more than to drive them into the ocean, and everytime the defend themselves, someone cries foul. They do what any nation has a right to do to defend themselves.
Im sure if half of the readership here had their way they would fire up the ovens again.

Ahh, the anti-semitic card again...
BTW, you do know the majority here talk about the Zionists, not the Jews..

And this line, 'They are surrounded by Arab countries who want nothing more than to drive them into the ocean"
NO, the Arab countries were already there and Israel decided to plonk itself right in the middle, taking the Arabs land..

And your "ovens" comment is nothing but insulting to the majority here...

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by christina-66
Ach in the UK the military recruiters set up ourside the unemployment offices. They have recruited young people who knew nothing of the world but who had to grow up pretty darned fast. You can't really say heading into the army was choice when it's the best career choice available.

God love these young men and women. They'll be living with these experiences for the rest of their lives.

I know a chap who works with ex soldiers from Iraq/Afghanistan...he tells me they are presenting the same emotional devastation as those who fought in Vietnam.

It is the government not the people that we should be directing our anger at. They have abused everyone.
edit on 11-2-2011 by christina-66 because: (no reason given)

Starred Christina.

The kids go where they are ordered. Our governments spend those youths in much the same way they spend tax payers money, but with far worse effect.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr

Very well said. I did not realize how deep anti-semitism ran until i became a member here.

It would seem the vast majority is the readership is convinced of some unproven "zionist conspiracy" to rule or destroy the world, but hey, i guess thats the nature of the game on a conspiracy website.

I feel for the plight of the jews, i really do. Easily the most maligned people in the history of mankind, and still persecuted. They are surrounded by Arab countries who want nothing more than to drive them into the ocean, and everytime the defend themselves, someone cries foul. They do what any nation has a right to do to defend themselves.

Im sure if half of the readership here had their way they would fire up the ovens again.

Thanks, but it had to be said. I'm just the one that stripped it and threw it into the arena naked for all to ogle.

I can't think of ANY group I hate. I can't fathom the motivations of those who jump on the bandwagon to trash "zionists', mexicans, muslims, or any other group. Groups are composed of individuals, some good, some bad, some indifferent. I can't quite get a grip on the application of blanket policy like that.

Every once in a while, like this instance or Slayer's post of the source of the original video, someone will present the reason behind the venom. With proper reading of the nature, particularly the wording, of a post, one can smell propaganda, but in cases like this, they make no bones about the source. A simple matter of putting two and two together, which sadly there are folks around these boards who appear to be unable or unwilling to do that.

When that happens, I sometimes just like to toss the emperor right out there, new clothes and all, to make it so obvious it CAN'T be swept under the rug.

Regarding Israel, I'm neither for nor against them. It's hard to maintain that neutrality when I see so many who jump on them just to be a part of the 'right' bandwagon, and making up boogey men to justify that - same thing the same folks accuse the "west" of doing, and somehow they seem to miss the irony in that.

It's probably just a perverse character flaw I have. I never have liked all the elbows on the bandwagon.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by mydarkpassenger
This is about the total disregard the leadership has for people in uniform, and the horrific effects that it has on them and others.

And this is some shocking newsflash for everyone? The government has NEVER given a crap over the military. We are nothing more than Kevlar that can mow the lawn.

Always been that way, always will be. Doesn't make it right, tho.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghandi

Not enough flags on this thread, what's going on here?

Thank you for this, I want to show this to my buddy who is joining the infantry.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984
However they are an invading force, they are killing people who didn't want them there and therefore they are terrorists.

What about the foreign fighters that are there helping the insurgents? What are they classifed as?

And the insurgents themselves? People on ATS make it sound like they are freedom fighters. That's a load of BS. I don't see how they are "freeing their country from the yoke of the invading West" by murdering women and children in a market?

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

This is about the total disregard the leadership has for people in uniform, and the horrific effects that it has on them and others.

And this is some shocking newsflash for everyone? The government has NEVER given a crap over the military. We are nothing more than Kevlar that can mow the lawn.

Always been that way, always will be. Doesn't make it right, tho.

It sure as hell doesn't. It was that way in Vietnam, was that way thirty years ago when I was in, and its that way today.

But I think its worth saying, for those who've never been in. It ain't the military thats the problem, its the civilians calling the shots.
edit on 11-2-2011 by mydarkpassenger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Hmmmm, "plunk themselves down"? Hardly. Read about the British Mandate.

How long do you think the Palestinians should fight? Is the misery worth it? I would like to think if my country was invaded and i was single and young, i would fight. But i was a family man my first priority would be the protection and well-being of my children and wife, and i would try my best to find a home among a neighbouring state.

But of course the Palestinians Arabs brothers do not want them. Case in point:

en.wikipedia.org...

If their Arab brothers truely cared about the plight of the Palestinians, wouldnt they open their arms wide to the refugees? Jordan is the only state who has made an attempt to, while Lebanon on the other hand have barred Palestinians from over 73 job classes, making them worse than second class citizens.

Shameful how their Arab brothers treat them. At times the Palestinians appear to be no more than pawns.

This might interest you, the source if the article i just posted:

The Arab League has instructed its members to deny citizenship to Palestinian Arab refugees (or their descendants) "to avoid dissolution of their identity and protect their right to return to their homeland".[44]

Tashbih Sayyed, a fellow of the Foundation for Defense of Democracies, criticized Arab nations of making the children and grandchildren of Palestinian refugees second class citizens in Lebanon, Syria, or the Gulf States, and said that the refugees "cling to the illusion that defeating the Jews will restore their dignity".[45]

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

I agree completly. I am not so naive that i think the Israelis are without blame, but neither are the Arabs. It takes two to tango.

edit on 11-2-2011 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Star....

I couldn't have said it any better myself, like you once so alquently put it...

"I've been called both an Anti-Semite and an Islamaphobe, sometimes in the same threads and more often than not by the same person"

[ I have felt that sting as well ]

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

You nailed that. This is far bigger than some dumbassed fantasy. This is about the total disregard the leadership has for people in uniform, and the horrific effects that it has on them and others.

"The soldiers fight and the kings are heroes". It's been that way forever. I believe you're right, they could give a rat's ass what they throw soldiers into, as long as it ain't their own precious pups.

The simple fact is the politicians go home night after night to a fantastic dinner and a cozy bed, and probably some cozy companionship; meanwhile Marines sleep in dirt and are lucky if they have MREs, and oh yeah they get shot at and mortared and hit with RPGs.

More than just Marines. There's folks who do grunt work in all the services, Navy included. On the flip side, it might not be ALL bad. For example, I can sleep wherever I drop now. I find I don't much require all those comforts any more. I appreciate 'em when I've got 'em, of course, like now, and may even appreciate 'em a bit more than the average bear. Thing is, if they all go away tomorrow, I'll still be able to handle what's left.

Thank God I was in the Navy; I was never more than a few hours away from three hots and a cot, and if death showed up it would be real damned quick.

My dear old dad, who was a "sleepin' in the mud" grunt too, stressed over and over to my bloodbrother (not to be confused with my actual brother by blood) when he was between services and hell bent on going back in to go into the Navy instead of the Army where he had been, Pap's rationale? I quote "If yer hell bent on getting hell blown out of you any how, might as well have a warm cot and a belly full of beans when it happens."

Everyone in Congress and the Presidency should have to go through a extensive basic training before they can assume office; they might be more reluctant to send us overseas and start wars.

I'm with ya on that! Not necessarily restrict it to vets, but instead make it as much a requirement as the oath of office that they go through a full course of the training before they can assume the office in any capacity where thy might send troops out. Make 'em rethink the cost analysis of it all.

Write the bill, I'll sign off on it!

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Mandate?? Were they FORCED to go there?
And WHO chose the spot really??

You seem to make the treatment of the Palistinians sound a lot like the treatment of the Jews in the past..
Therefore wouldn't you expect the Jews to sympathise with their plight instead of fencing them in and bombing them?

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

The British, French and Saudi Arabia.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Exactly. That's what most of us are saying. I haven't read much military bashing in this thread thus far. An army full of people who may or may not perform a task because they disagree with it would be worthless. I have nothing but respect for our military, and thank you all for your willingness to sacrifice everything for this country. It's our barrel assed politicians, who ignore the people and think they are above us all, who are mostly to blame for the recent wars that our soldiers have been sent to fight on behalf of corporate interests. The rest of the blame is on all of us as Americans, for recognizing we're being ignored, and screwed over, but since we have some level of comfort we don't raise a finger to demand our government go back to being for the people.
edit on 11-2-2011 by 27jd because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

My dear old dad, who was a "sleepin' in the mud" grunt too, stressed over and over to my bloodbrother (not to be confused with my actual brother by blood) when he was between services and hell bent on going back in to go into the Navy instead of the Army where he had been, Pap's rationale? I quote "If yer hell bent on getting hell blown out of you any how, might as well have a warm cot and a belly full of beans when it happens."

Christ on a side car. That sounded just like my dad! LOL.

edit on 11-2-2011 by mydarkpassenger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

The British, French and Saudi Arabia.

What, the Jews didn't want it?
Many seem to disagree and say the Jews got the exact land they were after..

Could it be that in the restoring of the Jews to that same land, also through wars and some dispossession, the LORD God is doing precisely the same thing today? This writer believes the answer is a resounding "yes!"

www.israelmybeloved.com...

I don't buy that the Jews were "forced" into settling there for one sec....

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Have you forgotten so soon?

You were a part of this discussion the other day...Here

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b08a083c67e0.jpg[/atsimg]
Emir Faisal's party at Versailles, during the Paris Peace Conference of 1919. At the center, from left to right:Rustum Haidar, Nuri as-Said, Prince Faisal, Captain Pisani (behind Feisal), T.E. Lawrence, Faisal's slave (name unknown), Captain Tahsin Qadri

How France sank the original Mideast peace

Every day politicians and pundits talk of another chance at Middle East peace missed, delayed or subverted. The focus is always on Palestinians and Israelis as the keystone to a global settlement with the West and across the region. But in the original peace arrangement between the Jews, Arabs and the Western powers, it was not settlements and Jerusalem that were at the heart of the problem. In fact, the Arabs originally agreed to a Jewish state complete with massive Jewish immigration. For Arabs, the prize was not Palestine, it was Syria.
Zionist Organization...

This is the story of how the original Middle East peace plan crafted among all sides in the aftermath of World War I was subverted - not by Jews or Zionists, but by the French.

It begins at the Paris Peace Conference in January 1919, in a flag-bedecked, battle-scarred but victorious Paris. There, the great top-hatted Allied men of vision and illusion gathered to remake the world and invent the post-Ottoman Middle East. At those fateful meetings, the Arabs and Jews formally agreed to mutually endorse both their national aspirations and live in peace.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bbacd302754d.jpg[/atsimg]
British Mandate for Palestine

In 1916, Britain and France concluded the Sykes–Picot Agreement, which proposed to divide the Middle East between them into spheres of influence, with "Palestine" as an international enclave. (Pappé 1994, p. 3)

The British made two potentially conflicting promises regarding the territory it was expecting to acquire.[7] Britain had promised Hussein bin Ali, Sharif of Mecca, through T. E. Lawrence, independence for an Arab country covering most of the Arab Middle East in exchange for his support, while also promising to create and foster a Jewish national home in Palestine in the Balfour Declaration of 1917, in return for Jewish support.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/be729338a6b3.png[/atsimg]

Map showing boundaries of the proposed Jewish state, as outlined by the Zionist representatives at the 1919 Paris Peace Conference, superimposed on modern boundaries

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

You seem to make the treatment of the Palistinians sound a lot like the treatment of the Jews in the past..
Therefore wouldn't you expect the Jews to sympathise with their plight instead of fencing them in and bombing them?

Sympathy of that sort might happen, bro, if the Palestinians could refrain from trying to chuck missiles over the fence and sneak across to blow Israelis up.

I'm pretty sure that if any resolution to the conflict is to be had at all, both sides are going to have to step back a minute, put their junk on "safety" for an instant, and say "Whoa! what really came first here, the chicken or the egg? And does it really matter at this point? What can be done to fix it NOW?"

This has been going on for 60 years now, and there really aren't many more Palestinians left alive today who had their land "stolen" from them than there are 7th century jews left alive who had THEIR land "stolen" from THEM.

As long as either side is chucking warlike objects at the other one, there's gonna be retaliation and re-retaliation and counter-re-retaliation, a vicious circle that will never end.

As it stands, if only ONE side tries to make peace, that's not gonna be "peace" at all.

Then those goddamn "zionist" boogy men crawl their insubstantial selves out from under the bed to fire it up again in some poor tortured soul's imagination... Maybe someone can lock the closet door, and get around to the business of making peace?

Yeah, I doubt it in the forseeable future, too.

edit on 2011/2/11 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join