It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The real terrorist was me - A US Soldier

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghandi

This to me simply brings to mind the idea that the people never want war, it is the leaders who wish for it. Hermann Göring, the scumbag leader of Nazi propoganda said that, well i have utterly bastardized what he said but that's the basic idea.

If people decided things then the world would be peaceful, but the politicians fight their own personal wars based upon their own ideologies and so war covers the planet. These people do not represent us, they represent their own interests and what they believe the common man wants, even though they have no clue what the common man goes through.
edit on 11-2-2011 by ImaginaryReality1984 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2manyquestions
reply to post by Golf66

I have to agree with you, even though it's not a popular opinion and I do get caught up in that video. Though I agree with him on many points, I still feel that military service is voluntary, and anyone who thinks they can join and never have to be exposed to conduct that goes against one's nature, is highly delusional.

You are correct it is volunteer, but the choices for many young men and women in this country are limited. The US armed services sells opportunity, and though for the most part, it is a job for the duration, there is a chance for conflict.

There are many young people in this country that do not have the money, to attend college, or the means to secure themselves a future career, the service offers these to any healthy and intelligent person in the USA, so many of them take advantage of the opportunity.

Is it their fault for wanting a better life for themselves and maybe their family?
edit on 11-2-2011 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

We interrupt our normally scheduled US/Military bashing
to bring you this important announcement...

Originally posted by gncnew
LOL, all you need to do is go to the YouTube link, then follow the link to the channel of the poster...

THERE is where you'll find the real truth behind this.

Don't try to derail this thread with facts.

We will now return you to your regularly scheduled program
now in progress

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Thanks for posting the video.. Had heard him speak a few years ago at a peace conference that attended .. Hadnt heard anymore about him after though so good to see his message reaching people still via the video.
Did 4 tours in vietnam with s.o.g when was young and stupid .. Live with the nightmares / flashbacks of what saw then. part of why I left the states was couldnt fit in when returned ( at that time people wouldnt hire combat vets, outright hatred of vets/military on college campuses - finished my education abroad rather than in the states.
Getting spit on by protesters - literally happened to me a few times. Then on the other hand the flag waving hypocrits with their phony patriotism and blind support of a corrupt government that kills for corporate greed and the ego of foolish old men.. ) Have spent the time since learning to live with the nightmares and doing what can to help others and trying to make the world a little bit better of a place.. Now am old, cynical and damn tired of putting people back together whove been maimed due to unexploded u.s ordinance dropped 40 plus years ago that explodes when they try to clear land to farm and provide for their families.. Apologies starting to rant a bit so time to get a cuppa tea , watch the sunrise and curb my temper .. S&F for posting the video so that others may learn..

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
It's hard to fathom the devastation wrought by those insane neocons.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarineSniper12Kills First off, he is not a kid. He is an adult and a soldier who thought he was fighting for freedom, yet came to realize the people we were killing, were just fighting for theirs.

He sure is acting like a kid - he chose to sign -up; knew the stakes or should have...especially if he joined after 9/11. Making a video vilifying a whole group of people to assuage his own sense of guilt and stating that Soldiers are the real terrorists to make himself feel better is sad. Sorry, you are welcome to your opinion - I think he's being selfish.

I empathize with the people who feel we are an occupying rather than a liberating force; however, it is their choice to embrace or fight the change – if they chose to fight it I will carry out my missions with violence and decisive action. That choice is theirs alone they are free to do what they feel is right. I have more respect for my enemies than this dude…least they know what side they are on.

Originally posted by MarineSniper12Kills Your right, the more you kill the easier it gets, and the better at it you get. Unfortunately some of us come to the realization of who we killed. The enemy? Depends what you consider an enemy. I regret to say I don't consider a farmer, father, son, fighting for his occupied land an enemy.

I have respect for my enemy and that he is willing to die for his beliefs like I would be glad to die for mine. However, I am in the profession of arms and get paid to exercise the will of the government of the US whether I agree with that will or not.

He, like all of us knew the stakes when he signed up - to portray himself as the innocent victim of evil corporations is his choice. He can feel sorry for himself that’s fine but he need not feel sorry for me.

To call himself a terrorist is also his choice - to call me and all my fellow Soldiers one is where I take issue.

Guilt is a personal thing - if he feels it then get help; don't presume to speak for us all.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarineSniper12Kills
reply to post by Char-Lee

Im so sorry to hear that. Do you know your sons branch, bn div?

He flys an Apache, he was in the marines many years, got out and learned to fly for the Army. he loves it and he is a wonderful man he doesn't do drugs and seems to have no need to be drunk, I can't help but worry though about what can happen in war and the possible effects on him. Right now he is very comfortable with the action he has seen and I know it has been bad, he lost a best friend also a pilot last run in Iraq.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealtruthThere are many young people in this country that do not have the money, to attend college, or the means to secure themselves a future career, the service offers these to any healthy and intelligent person in the USA, so many of them take advantage of the opportunity.

Is it their fault for wanting a better life for themselves and maybe their family?
edit on 11-2-2011 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

Risk vs. Reward - simple calculation.

What's it worth to you?

I grew up fairly poor in an area with little opportunity.

I knew the risks and in exchange I got a great career, good medical care, a college education along the way...

Now I have a good retirement to boot - the risk was worth it for me to make it to retirement; it's not for everyone.

All things in life are risk vs. reward.

If one can't stomach the risk which in the case of military service is well spelled out and commonly known - don't seek the reward.

Chose another path.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarineSniper12Kills
OP, read a couple of my posts. I came back an alcoholic, mental illness, and tried killing myself a couple of months back. For what?

Im I the only one who sees the irony of you posting your post, yet having the name "MarineSniper12Kills?".

Is that a badge of honor or shame? Doesnt look like shame to me.

You might want to consider a name change if you are sincere in your regret. A name like that screams pride over what you have done.

edit on 11-2-2011 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
My spidy sense is going off on this one.

Something tells me that that user name, is a person who not only was never military, but is using it to push an agenda.

I spent many years in the Marines, and know many many more people in other branches of the military. I dont know a SINGLE one , who would ever brag about the things they had to do.

In fact if you asked any of my sniper buddies what their kill count was, they would tell you in no uncertain terms to go fornicate with yourself with barbedwire and glass....

None of us go out of our way to brag about anything we had to do in war time.....

This whole thing stinks to high heaven

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golf66
However, I am in the profession of arms and get paid to exercise the will of the government of the US whether I agree with that will or not.

Originally posted by Golf66
Now I have a good retirement to boot - the risk was worth it for me to make it to retirement; it's not for everyone.

I smelling a bit of Bsing going on here, what is it are you retired or are you serving.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
"The Ballad Of Ira Hayes" by Johnny Cash
edit on 2/11/11 by Marked One because: fixing my youtube link

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by hezbgal
I wish more Americans would see this video and listen to this brave soldiers. Brave soldiers are one like this soldier who speaks the truth so courageously. This ongoing U.S. and Israeli war crimes need to stop. Americans need to take back their rights and stop fighting illegal wars for Israel. Whether you like it or not, the wars are fought mainly for Israel. The evil Zionists are committing war crimes daily. They (Israel) were certainly engaging in savage crimes in Gaza while the world's focus was on Egypt. (Business as usual for the Zionist pigs) When my fellow Arabs will rise in the Middle East all over where their leaders are supported by US of CIA/Israel/Mossad - where there are American not-so-secret secret prisons, where the leaders are forced to buy made in U.S.A weapons and suppress the mass.

I hope, some day, to enter one of these threads that entails honest discussion of the problems at hand, without this sort of tripe.

I'd like to see just ONE that focuses on the issues surrounding these war, and the problems the soldier may encounter dealing with the reality on the ground without someone feeling a need to bring up this fictional "zionist" boogey man that hides under their beds and in their closets, blaming all the worlds woes on this boogey man.

I've rolled the dice in a couple of different places, and only once - ONCE - did I even run the risk of running across a Jew, much less a "zionist". You'll NEVER fix these problems until you learn to identify them with some degree of accuracy and truth, honesty to self.

"Zionist" boogey men my ass. The world has bigger problems than THAT fantasy.

Given the name "hezbgal", though, I reckon I can see why you'd like to propagandize this thread.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghandi

Such evil in very high places. Monsters with no conscious, seeking power they will loose one day soon. So many blind and appathetic morons caught up in their fantasy worlds all about self gratification. I've seen this deception grow over several decades and its hard to even comprehend the mangnitude of blindness, all about me world that now exsist. Their are good people left on this God forsaken planet but they are far out numbered by those who seek to fill their bellies (literally). Hats off too this young man as I know the garbage we still call a government .... thats on all levels .... you idiots .... you want last forever ..... thank God !!!

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealtruthI smelling a bit of Bsing going on here, what is it are you retired or are you serving.

Yeah, casue improper use of tense indicates a conspiracy right? I am actually a 13 year old girl...you got me.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghandi

The very last people on earth who want to fight a war, are always those in uniform.

Not the freaks who order them in, the civilian leadership. That's never changed. The guilt, the nightmares, all soul-trying tokens, better than postcards.

So why wear the uniform?

Just on that off chance that what you do will actually protect someone or stop a tragedy or a genocide or stop world war three from happening.

The goddamned politicians need to covet US military lives and souls more than the SOBs covet votes and their own benefits.

That will be the day.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Originally posted by hezbgal
I wish more Americans would see this video and listen to this brave soldiers. Brave soldiers are one like this soldier who speaks the truth so courageously. This ongoing U.S. and Israeli war crimes need to stop. Americans need to take back their rights and stop fighting illegal wars for Israel. Whether you like it or not, the wars are fought mainly for Israel. The evil Zionists are committing war crimes daily. They (Israel) were certainly engaging in savage crimes in Gaza while the world's focus was on Egypt. (Business as usual for the Zionist pigs) When my fellow Arabs will rise in the Middle East all over where their leaders are supported by US of CIA/Israel/Mossad - where there are American not-so-secret secret prisons, where the leaders are forced to buy made in U.S.A weapons and suppress the mass.

I hope, some day, to enter one of these threads that entails honest discussion of the problems at hand, without this sort of tripe.

I'd like to see just ONE that focuses on the issues surrounding these war, and the problems the soldier may encounter dealing with the reality on the ground without someone feeling a need to bring up this fictional "zionist" boogey man that hides under their beds and in their closets, blaming all the worlds woes on this boogey man.

I've rolled the dice in a couple of different places, and only once - ONCE - did I even run the risk of running across a Jew, much less a "zionist". You'll NEVER fix these problems until you learn to identify them with some degree of accuracy and truth, honesty to self.

"Zionist" boogey men my ass. The world has bigger problems than THAT fantasy.

Given the name "hezbgal", though, I reckon I can see why you'd like to propagandize this thread.

Very well said. I did not realize how deep anti-semitism ran until i became a member here.

It would seem the vast majority is the readership is convinced of some unproven "zionist conspiracy" to rule or destroy the world, but hey, i guess thats the nature of the game on a conspiracy website.

I feel for the plight of the jews, i really do. Easily the most maligned people in the history of mankind, and still persecuted. They are surrounded by Arab countries who want nothing more than to drive them into the ocean, and everytime the defend themselves, someone cries foul. They do what any nation has a right to do to defend themselves.

Im sure if half of the readership here had their way they would fire up the ovens again.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghandi

Thank you brother, your words are my words. Every night I pop pills and drink to forget the faces of the children I hurt. Sometimes I sit with my 9mm and think about it. But I won't give those sonsofbitches the satisfaction of taking another life just because I have the fifth freedom and the guilt to invoke it. It's time for peace and healing and doing the right thing like you are. So Gods speed to you my dearest brother in arms and God bless.

PEACE!

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Ach in the UK the military recruiters set up ourside the unemployment offices. They have recruited young people who knew nothing of the world but who had to grow up pretty darned fast. You can't really say heading into the army was choice when it's the best career choice available.

God love these young men and women. They'll be living with these experiences for the rest of their lives.

I know a chap who works with ex soldiers from Iraq/Afghanistan...he tells me they are presenting the same emotional devastation as those who fought in Vietnam.

It is the government not the people that we should be directing our anger at. They have abused everyone.
edit on 11-2-2011 by christina-66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

And your posts proves what exactly?

The troops should not be in Iraq, they are an invading force who went there with false reasons. The troops are not bad people they are simply performing their job, their role. However they are an invading force, they are killing people who didn't want them there and therefore they are terrorists.

Consider the flip side, if an organisation invaded your country then you would label them terrorists, this is nothing more than perspective. Because the troops are on your side they are not terrorists in your eyes but equally the opposing side thinks the same regarding their own fighters.

Basically both sides are at the will of politicians who play with military, paramilitary and guerilla forces as if they are pawns in a game.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join