It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The real terrorist was me - A US Soldier

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by pirep
Glad for all the soldiers that serve. But remember you signed up for that. I might be the only one that thinks this. If you don't think the middle east is a threat to us think again. I would much rather fight these people over there than over here. Terrorist are what? 99% middle eastern doesn't matter which region they come from. Nothing would make them happier than to see western civilization to fall. And this video its is probably the biggest propaganda film on al jezzera. everyone who has seen combat or intense life or death situations have suffered afterthought believe me, sleepless nights over what they done. You have to move past and get on with the life you live now. If it haunts you that much go to a shrink and don't make other combat veterens suffer your problems as well.

When you sign up, you sign up for carrying a weapon and potentially kill people. I have to agree with you.

I admit, some suffer from the stresses of war. It happens in EVERY war. But we are humans. It should affect us to one degree or another.

It's how we deal with that stress that differentiates us.

Really, this is nothing new. My heart goes out to those that have suffered. In every war.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I appreciate it, it helps to have someone you can actually relate to. I sent you a U2U bud, hope to see you soon.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Only 12 kills and he's distressed?

3rd Marines in Vietnam in '69 did some horrific things to humans because we drafted some real monsters from the streets of america and gave them an unlimited amount of ammo and free rein to do what they wanted over there.

Did the Marines that watched that unfold come back whining? no, they went for a liquor bottle to deal with it.

And they went bald at 20 from Agent Orange,Purple,White and their kids were born with club feet, spine disorders, and heart disorders.

What did the country do for them? Notta. Belittled them and labeled them all drunkards. They saw their fellow Marines do some horrific things. Their country abandoned them.

This country is doing the same thing now. Veterans Affairs funds are being used now for Research to try and keep up with China's growth. Go to www.research.va.go. They figured the toxin Botox was found to be useful so now they are injecting veterans with toxins to find out if any other poison has a useful use so companies can make money. They don't need veterans consent to use them for research, they can't sue.

They also are now taking the blood/DNA of 1 million Veterans and are trying to create DNA attacking "medicines" to fix people by altering their DNA. It's sad they aren't using their money to actually treat peoples service connected injuries. They are closing more VA clinics to save money as well. Very few VA medical places left in America. They should close down Veterans Affairs.

It no longer is tasked with providing medical care for service connected injuries. congress treats illegal immigrants better than veterans. Appropriating more money for illegals in 1 year than Veterans see in 10 years.

Sad isn't it?

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
can not see it in my country..is there music in it? or do they not want us to see it.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

You are very right buddy. Unfortunatly I wasn't trained on how to express to people when I come back, or how to fit back into society after being an animal for so long. No training prepared me to see the face of everyone that I shot, over and over and over and over.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quasar_La-Zar

So from being born and until you matured and became an early adult, You're life was peaceful assuming you were not killing people. For financial security you agree to train yourself to become tools of destruction, until the time comes when you kill another person, your mind changes to protect yourself from death because of your environment, making you different. When you come out of that environment, and no longer have to kill, its much harder to return to a peaceful state that you came from that you never wanted to leave in the first place.

It's totally against human nature to kill other humans, and we pay the prices for it, even if it was defending your family.

The artificial environment is not the one in which you have to fight to the death with other human beings, the nice peaceful enviornment is the artificial one. The ethical framework we are fed is designed for life within the nice peaceful, secure (unrealistic) environment... when you're thrown out of that environment and that ethical framework suddenly stops making sense, it can cause all kinds of mental/emotional angst.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

What branch is she serving?
I'm considering in joining the United States Air Force. Studying for the ASVAB right now since I scored low at the recruiters office.

These kind of threads make me reconsider joining though.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

Yes "only" 12.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SincerelySarcastic

“Poor and working people in this country are sent to kill poor and working people in another country, to make the rich richer. And without racism, soldiers would realize that they have more in common with the Iraqi people, than they do with the billionaires who send us to war.”

This is my mantra , Its all about depopulation _If your not rich tptb dont want you on this earth .
This knowledge is the only thing that can shed a light on why the world is as cruel as it is .

Why do people die of famine in 2011 _ Depopulation
Why do we still fight wars of NO benefit to us -Depopulation
Why is the food and water poisoned - Depopulation

How many more will die before we stop it ?

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarineSniper12Kills
reply to post by beezzer

You are very right buddy. Unfortunatly I wasn't trained on how to express to people when I come back, or how to fit back into society after being an animal for so long. No training prepared me to see the face of everyone that I shot, over and over and over and over.

No training ever will. There is no training to deal with that. Some can adapt to the horrors, some can't. It's not a weakness. Don't get me wrong. Look at it as an allergy.
Some can take penicillin, some can't. But you don't KNOW, until you take it, or perform it (as the case with the military).
Just understand that there are some who will be effected more by what they see than others.

Hell, when my son was born, I cried like a baby. Others? Probably not so much. It all depends on the individual.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crazybangz
reply to post by onehuman

What branch is she serving?
I'm considering in joining the United States Air Force. Studying for the ASVAB right now since I scored low at the recruiters office.

These kind of threads make me reconsider joining though.

Still join. But you can go medical fields, chaplain services, plenty to do if you don't want to see combat.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Well said. It isn't hollywood where you bravely shoot someone who dies this clean death. When you shoot someone with a 50 caliber bullet in the torso, their arms and head come apart of their body. Not trying to be graphic but it kind of f..ks you up.
My mom used to tell me I should be a doctor, I always loved taking care of people. Everyone in my family wanted me there when they were sick lol I was just good at caring for people. I was always tender hearted, would bring home numerous dogs a week haha, my parents hated that. I joined the military to make a difference, instead it made me a heartless animal, I guess because we had to be. Im trying to be my old self now, but I got all of this" baggage".

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
My father a major war hero came home from WW2 and Korean war and once a week dead drunk hunted us his little girls age 2-8 with a rifle as we ran through the dark hiding from him he though we were Japanese. We were so scared of Fridays..payday. We had no food no cloths and were terrified..he died at age 42 from alcohol causing him to choke to death.

My only brother came home from Vietnam a drug addict and an alcoholic, he had applied to a college was a straight A student but they drafted him anyway even though his father was dead and he was the only male left. When he left he was a wonderful boy of 18 when he came home he married and beat his wife, his dog, his stepchildren then police had to come out so many times, once he got on the roof and just shot at people. They didn't help him or arrest him...he died at age 42 just like my dad..heron.

My son is now in the military and will be heading for afghanistan soon, went twice to Iraq...all i can do is pray.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Now here is a United States Soldier, that stood up to fight for the American people. I wonder where he is and what he is doing today. I am sending this to as many people as I can, twitter it everybody. To be 2 years ago and to be so impelling, he should be running for office.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
stories about war are never pretty...

I realize alot of people join the army because it pays good, and likely the best paying job around. The question still remains though...

Why fight for a country that doesn't fight for you?

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarineSniper12Kills
reply to post by beezzer

Well said. It isn't hollywood where you bravely shoot someone who dies this clean death. When you shoot someone with a 50 caliber bullet in the torso, their arms and head come apart of their body. Not trying to be graphic but it kind of f..ks you up.
My mom used to tell me I should be a doctor, I always loved taking care of people. Everyone in my family wanted me there when they were sick lol I was just good at caring for people. I was always tender hearted, would bring home numerous dogs a week haha, my parents hated that. I joined the military to make a difference, instead it made me a heartless animal, I guess because we had to be. Im trying to be my old self now, but I got all of this" baggage".

Then be a doctor. Become a vetrinarian. (sp?) You have to remember that you have made a difference. Because what you do/did "down range" had an effect on troops you probably never saw. You may have saved more lives than you know.

Christ! Everyone has baggage, son! I have baggage. But I've learned how to carry it. You need to as well.
You can do it.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghandi

My Dad was a Vietnam Veteran, I was born in 1980 and by that time he already was an alcoholic and had a very bad anger problem, he died in 2002 after suffering his last of many strokes, he was put into a nursing home at the age of 53 because he was having so many problems mentally and physically and he thought everyone (including his family) was against him and one day at the Vet. Hospital he told them he wanted to go to a nursing home.
I was so young at the time, and as his daughter seeing everything he did, he was abusive to my Mom and my brothers, I grew up with watching them fight and seeing him handcuffed when I was four, seeing him beat my Mom so bad her face was bloody and watching my older brother come to the rescue and beat him to a pulp.
I didnt realize that his mental problems most likely came from the war, he was diagnosed with problems from agent orange, I remember the letter he recieved saying basically that the gov. is not responsible, I dont remember how it went but he was screwed on the claim of agent orange in other words, I regret that I never truly got to know him though, I hear stories from a cousin of his that told me when my Dad was 17 he would wash his car and hangout and have normal good times, Or when I found a pics all of us and of his little brother in his wallet from the 60's he carried on him to the day he was hospitilized, or the memory of him singing frank sinatra to me,
like I said I dont remember a day of him sober though it was 24/7 segrams, but he was a functioning alcoholic kept a job for 25 years he was a boss of a major desert company (cookies anyone?) I dont know how he did it.
now that I am older and a parent, I think back to the good times I had with him and I know he loved us, he was just so screwed up and I wonder if it had to do with the war, now I will never know him as an adult gets to really know their parent and I will never be able to apologize for never understanding, I wish I can go back in time and help him, he was in need of us, no matter how bad he was he needed us. I hope he knows Im sorry.

sorry if my paragraph is all screwed up, Im crying hard atm, and I cant go on with out a box of kleenex, so Im gonna stop now.

To the Marine and all who are struggling, I can never imagine what you are going thru, but know that you are loved by a lot of people and you are needed more then you can ever imagine.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I wish more Americans would see this video and listen to this brave soldiers. Brave soldiers are one like this soldier who speaks the truth so courageously. This ongoing U.S. and Israeli war crimes need to stop. Americans need to take back their rights and stop fighting illegal wars for Israel. Whether you like it or not, the wars are fought mainly for Israel. The evil Zionists are committing war crimes daily. They (Israel) were certainly engaging in savage crimes in Gaza while the world's focus was on Egypt. (Business as usual for the Zionist pigs) When my fellow Arabs will rise in the Middle East all over where their leaders are supported by US of CIA/Israel/Mossad - where there are American not-so-secret secret prisons, where the leaders are forced to buy made in U.S.A weapons and suppress the mass.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Have faith. In your son, in your god, in the people that work with him. I'm sorry about your losses.
War sucks. It really does. And it takes a strong heart to get through it.

I'll put him in my prayers tonight.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by MarineSniper12Kills

Some believe that one of the better ways to heal thyself, is to help to heal others...

edit on 11-2-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join