It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The real terrorist was me - A US Soldier

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
But let's consider what you're trying to say here using that example. It took soldiers to stop those guys. The NAZIs didn't want to stop for nothing...

Yes and it was the people, not the government who decided to fight, the people wanted to stop the Nazis because they realised the danger, however the german soldiers were drawn into a war by the Nazi party (politicians). People rarely want to fight, governments love to.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
This video is touching thanks for sharing
S & F

I always like the one im adding now, The women whio gives the speech about half way in to the vid is amazing

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Excellent Video.

So, people sign up to murder people and then complain about it?

"Just following orders" isn't an excuse. Remember Mi Lai.

I'm sorry it has affected your lives so much. I'm more sorry that you have affected others lives so much.
Just remember that, without the draft, you signed up willingly.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

It's complex, with a lot of factors, and hard for me to put into words. What I'm trying to say may be well nigh incomprehensible. I'll think on it some more, and maybe try again later if I think I can do any better. I'm trying to explain it from both ends, and am probably coming up way too short.

You explained yourself really well. And yeah, it probably is incomprehensible to most of us. I know that it has to be pretty hard to come back home and leave it all behind and start living the "normal" life so you fit in with your family and friends so they think you're okay.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Quasar_La-Zar

One day, I seriously think those vets and warriors currently serving are going to organize themselves one day and cause serious damage to the people in charge. I just hope they target the right people, the ones causing this to begin with.

No, they won't because they are too busy trying to love their families and believing in what they fought for. And part of what they believed in and loved and fought for was their country and so you won't see them turning on them, not to the degree you seem to think.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ezappa
reply to post by marinesniper0351

War is murder under any circumstance. To take the life of another is surely a shame weather it be political religion or freedom.

When will we all come to learn that our real freedoms can never be taken away from us as it is we the people that decide it. Freedoms this and freedoms that its all BS. The media uses the word freedom to brainwash us with their political propaganda.

The phrase "war is murder under any circumstances" displays a lack of verbal comprehension in the English language. Go learn what the elements of the terms "murder", "homicide", "war", and just for the heck of it "manslaughter" are, then come back and we can discus it.

Saying "war is murder" is like saying "forklifts are street signs" just because both are made of metal.

I agree, however, with the statement that our real freedoms can never be taken away from us. They exist on an individual level, and so require individual surrender - and even then they are not "gone" or "taken", we have just made a conscious effort not to exercise them. Freedom is not so much of "we the people" as it is of "me the person".

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

"War is murder under any circumstance. To take the life of another is surely a shame weather it be political religion or freedom."

Saying "war is murder" is like saying "forklifts are street signs" just because both are made of metal.

Nevertheless, whoever you are quoting is 100% correct - war is murder under any circumstance. I don't care what the legal definition of murder is, that's irrelevant.
Just because Cheney, Dubya, Truman, or Hitler demands the invasion of some country or other, that doens't make it right.
It can never be right,
Vicky

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by MagickWithoutTears

Amazing video! Thanks for sharing that.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vicky32
[Nevertheless, whoever you are quoting is 100% correct - war is murder under any circumstance. I don't care what the legal definition of murder is, that's irrelevant.
Just because Cheney, Dubya, Truman, or Hitler demands the invasion of some country or other, that doens't make it right.
It can never be right,
Vicky

Combat isn't murder. It's killing. And yes, there's a difference. People just don't seem to understand the difference.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

[Nevertheless, whoever you are quoting is 100% correct - war is murder under any circumstance. I don't care what the legal definition of murder is, that's irrelevant.
It can never be right,
Vicky

Combat isn't murder. It's killing. And yes, there's a difference. People just don't seem to understand the difference.

Well, I don't understand the difference! Please enlighten me...
Vicky

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
We wouldn't be in this country now if we never committed" murder". War has to happen, if not, than someone somewhere will try and take something. Do I agree in every war? Hell no. But war is realistic and without it, we wouldn't have the freedoms we have now. Neno your absolutely correct.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Disregard I read that is was a reply to what I wrote...worried me for a moment... : )

edit on 13-2-2011 by marinesniper0351 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-2-2011 by marinesniper0351 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by LoverBoy

great when all you have left is to call me a farmer killing terrorist you deflect and change the topic to the problems we have here in the US...stay on topic please, I understand if you have nothing of any relevance to add to the conversion so I recommend if you have nothing to add done deflect off topic...thx

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Nah lets do it like that Brad Pitt movie, our badest best fighter versus theirs...UFC can sell tickets and the loser gives up and surrenders...!!!

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Ezappa

The world is what it is brother, has been this way since the beginning of man, wont change anytime soon and our pathetic ramblings here will not change it either...go with the flow live as happy of a life as you can and smile every morning you are alive...this is what I do,.....for the rest that want to complain all the damn time and hate life and hate themselves for their predicament in life I recommend 25mg of Amitriptyline... : )

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   

And talking about a brad pitt movie is on topic here? Lol...nice try. Im just stating a fact, we killed farmers from a country WE invaded. That in the great USofA is what we call terrorism correct? Or does terrorism only apply to muslims who kill americans? Ill ask you again since you didn't tell me the first time, what was your div...btn..rank?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Im sorry I couldn't add anything of "relevance" here, I guess the 100+ stars here were given to me for that reason....along with the "applause" from a super moderator for contributing to this thread. Maybe next time

edit on 14-2-2011 by LoverBoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I wanted to share this with people and potential people thinking of joining. This is a good example (Though extreme) of how the VA or Veterans Affairs treats you after you serve your country. Its always a fight...even when you get home

edit on 14-2-2011 by MaddDoggBurns because: Not sure how to post youtube videos properly

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

"War is murder under any circumstance. To take the life of another is surely a shame weather it be political religion or freedom."

Nevertheless, whoever you are quoting is 100% correct - war is murder under any circumstance. I don't care what the legal definition of murder is, that's irrelevant.
It can never be right,
Vicky

Wait... what? Just because YOU say so, we are to ignore and defy all verbal convention because YOU don't like it? Petition Webster about it, not me.

I don't much care what you feel about it. Feelings come, and feelings go. THEY are irrelevant.

BUT - because you seem to feel so strongly about it, I'm all for letting you fight your own battles, or letting the monster eat you, whichever way it shakes out. So, if that Evil Day ever comes to your little world, yer on yer own.

Fear not, I'll never so much as llift my pinky to stand beteen you and your kind and the "bad men" (whoever you think they are that day) again. I learned my lesson the first 5 times or so.

The "enemy" has more humanity than your kind.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
many return with ptsd from wars-just a natural fact
it helps tho to talk about it-especially with those who walked the walk and talked the talk
Welcome home brothers and sisters
this poem applies also to all those who have served in any wars and in most countries
my Valentines Day gift to my brothers and sisters

A SOLDIER'S PAIN
The pain of a thousand
Veterans in my ears,
Paltalk brings me
To tears----------
Wanting to share
Wanting to care
As if tears can wash
Away the ravages of war
Gone to serve
Gone to say an oath.
To serve God and Country.
Not wanting to die-
But suffering worse-
To live when close
Friends die instead.
Bitter feelings of
Coming home.
Of why me not him?
Then the country
Turning Treason on Vets
Who served proudly.
Wondering
Wondering.
Confusion!
Anger with our
Country and our people
Who forced us
To go to war.
Who drafted us
Into service, then rejected us
For serving!
Confusion!
What did we do wrong?
Serve proudly?
Yes we did!!
Fight bravely?
Yes we did!!
We are the proud.
We are the ones.
Our country has broken us
Even when the enemy
Could not.
We were defeated, not by Vietnam
But by the USA.
We were defeated
By our own family,
Friends, loved ones.
And all those who
Did not support us
Like Hanoi Jane Fonda!
You broke our hearts
And our minds.
Our bodies
And our spirits---
More than the bullets
Killed us on the battlefield.
Your words and actions
Killed us
When we returned to you.
You spat on us!!
You rejected us!!
Then accepted with honor
Those who ran to Canada
To avoid duty.
You took our honor
And gave it to traitors!!
And
Gave us shame!!
Through our depression
A strange thing happened-
We awoke---
This sleepy thing
Called Veterans
And we united.
All Branches of service
Blended
Together as one.
As an armed forces combined.
To give comfort
And caring and sharing.
We will overcome!
We will be proud!
We will hold our heads high!
Through our shame we have arisen!
And
As a force of one army
We shall change
People!
We shall change
Thoughts!
We shall defeat all those
Who tried to shame us.
We stand proud
And say this to our Country----
You have stained the flag
With the blood of our fallen Brothers and Sisters!
You have made Veterans take their own lives
After they returned home!
Their blood is on your hands now.
Because when you shame us----
You also shame yourselves
Because, my friends-
We are you!!
We are your Sons and Daughters
Your Grandsons and Granddaughters
We are your Aunts and your Uncles
We are your Cousins
We are your Brothers and Sisters
We are your Loved Ones.
We are in essence
YOU!!
Now who has the shame?
Now who has the pain?
Not us!
We finally hold our heads high
And say proudly to you---
Yes we are Vietnam Veterans!!!!
We are the ones
Who fought the fight!
We never ran
We never crawled away----
Even though, by God, sometimes we wanted to.
We tasted fear---
As all soldiers do.
We overcame our enemies over there
And now
We will overcome you.
Perhaps if only one thing happens
From this event
And then we will be proud of America.
May America never again be ashamed
Of her Vets who proudly
Served and Died,
But more importantly
May the Vets who proudly
Served and Died
For their Country
Never again be ashamed
of their own Country...
AMERICA!!!!

This is dedicated to my fellow brothers and sisters and freely given to them for their use to be shared or printed anywhere anytime for no profit---if printed for profit then it is my profit!
And most importantly---- Welcome Home!!!

Guncarver
United States Navy
Vietnam Veteran
Proudly Served 1967- 1968 TET

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join