It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The real terrorist was me - A US Soldier

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erica1631
I can tell you what happened afterwards. He held me while I had a good cry. We are very close. Always have been. He knows that ultimately I will support him in whatever career he chooses, but as a mother, fear has gripped me due to the fact that he is joining during a time our country is involved in two wars.

As a parent I know the feeling.

My son finally received his walking papers this morning as a matter of fact he was in Iraq for 18 months

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6d8998649bb6.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d60d1fd1e1b7.jpg[/atsimg]

then Greece this past year. He has been state side now for 10 days just waiting and tonight finally will be home with his mother back East and will be sleeping in his own bed.

edit on 11-2-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Erica1631

Well just some input. If he is indeed a man and not a kid then let him make his own choices no matter how bad they might be.

You might not like his choices but they are his to make. If they are terrible choices one then hopefully one lives to understand the mistake of those choices and learns from them.

Not that I am against spanking or smacking for misbehavior, but smacking an adult man for making a choice is not the same as it is with a kid. You say he is a man yet treat him like a kid. Yes, he will always be your child and your "baby" but you just called him a man, time to treat him like one.

Raist

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
They are just sayin on the radio
Veterans are more likely to be homeless then other people
something is not right.
there's your sign

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

and will be sleeping in his own bed.

Thats the best news ive heared this week,glad he's home.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

Ok i think everyone needs to cut Erica some slack.

What she did was obviously inappropriate for a man of his age, but stop and think for one second about the circumstances. A mother just found out there is a chance her child might die overseas. I cant possibly think of a better reason for her to "lose it", even if for but a moment.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

Well just some input. If he is indeed a man and not a kid then let him make his own choices no matter how bad they might be.

You might not like his choices but they are his to make. If they are terrible choices one then hopefully one lives to understand the mistake of those choices and learns from them.

Not that I am against spanking or smacking for misbehavior, but smacking an adult man for making a choice is not the same as it is with a kid. You say he is a man yet treat him like a kid. Yes, he will always be your child and your "baby" but you just called him a man, time to treat him like one.

Raist

When your inlisted and called upon,you have no choice,except jail.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
reply to post by MarineSniper12Kills

Just a thought here but,
Maybe it's time for you to move on and let go of the past.
A great start would be changing your username.
For someone who is struggling with what they did overseas and having a hard time coming to terms with it
you sure seem proud of being a Marine Sniper and Killing 12 people.

Maybe a softer user name would be more appropriate and take the focus off of something that you supposedly regret.

I mean, If I was an former male prostitute Heroine Junkie and I was really having a hard time with the things I used to do
while I was a Male Prostitute Heroine Junkie I would not sign up to an Internet chat forum with a username like
"Maleprostituteheroinejunkie"!!!

Try "Bambi" or "Butterfly". "Princess" or "Cinderella"

Just sain'
Take it how you want to, no offense intended but seriously dude?
edit on 11-2-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)
I recently posted exactly the same about his username and my post got removed and a 1000 point penalty for it.Marine Sniper12kills had just stated that an op had mental problems and that the person scared him-all I said was that someone using a username like his scares me.The mod s are a joke.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
They are just sayin on the radio
Veterans are more likely to be homeless then other people
something is not right.
there's your sign

They are the poor pawns of this world in all colors of life,why would they have a house or some where to sleep,lol there just dying and being amputated for the beloved USA,LOL,'its the american way' .

come on immortal,a little over the top,woudnt you say?
yea,dont they get a million dollars.
are you serios,they get a million ,plus a home,plus a car..'something i heared' i forgot.
they get 1 million per killing idiots.

unfortunatly my lil pin head friends,i have no idea,but if your homeless,then....i guess that says it all,huh.
edit on 11-2-2011 by Immortalgemini527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr

My reference was about her first post and the reply to another poster on ATS where she decided to explain that her son is a man and not a kid.

I simply informed her she should let him be a man of his own choices then.

As a parent who has lost a child I know what it is like. However, as stated by her he is a man.

Raist

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Immortalgemini527

Jail would be a better choice than military in my opinion. However I would want neither.

Raist

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Correct me If I'm wrong here, but there is no conscription in America...right? So all of you Vets VOLUNTEERED to serve.... right? What, did you think you would be flown to Iraq to play paintball with the locals?
The only Veteran I feel sorry for is a conscripted one, you all signed up for this, YOU chose to fight an illegal war for Bush. The real victims are the innocent civilians families.

1,033,000 deaths as a result of the conflict in Iraq since 2003, a number each soldier has contributed to in one way or another. Having a hard time dealing with what you have seen and done? SO YOU SHOULD.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghandi

Mike Prysner is, like John Kerry, a war criminal or a treasonous liar.

He alleges war crimes without providing specific prosecutable evidence. So, he is either a war criminal himself or an accomplice after the fact, OR MORE LIKELY, he is a spreading treasonous lies.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Incredible, thank you for this post. My heart goes out to you and all Americans that had to endure what you have. I hope your message gets to those that can effect change.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raist

Raist

I assure you that my son was more ammused by the smack than offended. He is 6'2", 162 lbs. compared to my 5'1", 98 lb. frame. This is the part of mothering that I thought I would never have to encounter. The war has always seemed so distant and far away to me. Never touching me personally until now. Maybe I should start connecting with other parents who have children in the military. Thanks for understanding. I know you are proud of your son. The pictures speak a thousand words.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by JACKRADAKILL
Correct me If I'm wrong here, but there is no conscription in America...right? So all of you Vets VOLUNTEERED to serve.... right? What, did you think you would be flown to Iraq to play paintball with the locals?
The only Veteran I feel sorry for is a conscripted one, you all signed up for this, YOU chose to fight an illegal war for Bush. The real victims are the innocent civilians families.

1,033,000 deaths as a result of the conflict in Iraq since 2003, a number each soldier has contributed to in one way or another. Having a hard time dealing with what you have seen and done? SO YOU SHOULD.

While i understand and agree with this sentiment in a lot of ways, most soldiers who sign up want to defend their country under "honorable" conditions.

I believe most of the vets replying here found themselves at odds with their governments choice of fights. As much as id love to defend Canada if ever invaded, if the opposite were true and we began fights that i didnt believe in, i too would regret my decision to enlist.

edit on 11-2-2011 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr

A mother just found out there is a chance her child might die overseas. I cant possibly think of a better reason for her to "lose it", even if for but a moment.

Then maybe she ought to slap him for driving a car. There is a chance he might die in an accident as well.

Just wanted to make a point that death is everywhere, not just a battlefield. I hold nothing against Ericka and the above comment is not for her. I remember my mother getting down on her knees with tears galore begging me not to join. But my mind was already made up. I didn't do it for the education though I did sign up for the GI bill. I didn't do it because a recruiter talked me in to it.

I did it because I wanted to be a Marine. I was well aware that the chance of war existed and that I might not come back alive. I knew I would have to follow orders even though I might not agree with them. I knew I might get shafted from my government because I knew many Vietnam veterans who were abandoned by our government. My uncle being one of them. Despite all of this I wanted to be a Marine and I decided that on October 23, 1983, many years before I was old enough to sign up.

Do our leaders do awful things? Hell yeah. But no matter if you're a civilian or in the military, we are all guilty for letting them get away with it.

Slayer69- Glad to hear the news about your son.

edit on 11-2-2011 by jam321 because: Saluting The Best

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Immortalgemini527

'Gee', thanks republicans, fox news ,and that evil George bush, and all there supporters that sat in there nice house and leather furniture, and had the nerve to even open there lil pie holes, thinking they had the right to say.

'I support the troops'
'I think they should go to Iraq'
'they are dying for our country'
'they should feel good, its for a good cause'
'they died for this country'
' they died for freedom'
I hate people like that, people that swear the land and writing on a piece of paper is more important then a life, a single chance at life to get a chance to live, and they have to die over a lie, and then even more shameless, ‘theres no honor in what they did over a lie’ ,a lie that was caused by republican, now all those that took a life, will burn in hell because of a republicans lie, and all that had the nerve in life, to put you lil worthless opinions in to the matter ‘it was pointless‘, as if ‘LIFE’ > ‘Time’ and ‘God ‘,cared what the hell you thought when it came to taken the very breath, out of something he created ,one of his kids!

'Evil has no shame in what it does, or the people it creates to do its bidding'

I’m glad when judgment day comes, god wont ask me why I supported the war ,loll, I had nothing to do with that decision.
Guess what I’m trying to say is ‘With out all the different words that are in this world to mask what’s right and what’s wrong’

‘Only a good human from the purity of god would never Condon killing’>
and then you have those humans,’ that put flags’ on a pure and honest post, a post that should letterly be, flag free, but like I said earlier.

Period .

What I said above applies to you to. I'm content to let you AND your "god" do your own damn killing these days - or dying if you make miscue. Either way, it's your problem, not mine.

Who are you to preach someone else into hell over something you've no goddamned grasp of?

Your "god" that allows you to write policy for him, never having not only not cast the first stone, but having been scared crapless to cast ANY stones Sure as hell (and "hell may be the key word there) isn't any god I want anything to do with, and doesn't appear to bear any relationship to any real God, either.

Yeah, I know you "hate people like that." hate is a driving force there. I think YOUR loving god and MY loving God ought to have an arm wrestling match to determine who gets this planet, rather than allowing you to hide behind yours and force your own opinions on him, as if they had anything to do with deity at all.

How weak is a god like that?

Be a human. Stand up for your own opinions and own them. Don't hide behind a god so weak he'll let you get away with it. That's no different than what the jihadists do.

You're dead on with this, though:

I think you may just have a twisted view of what constitutes 'evil'.

I've heard about the source of that sort of misconception, too.

Edit to add: gods don't care about politics, and death doesn't either. Why bring up "republicans" or "democrats" when BOTH have sent you sons to die?

I'm not voting for your god in the next celestial election, either.
edit on 2011/2/11 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

I am sorry if you misinterpreted my post. I just got off work and might not have stated things correctly.

I do not have a son old enough to enlist, though I have lost a child so I understand loss.

I would be upset if my son chose to join, but in the end it would be his choice. I would tell him that I did not like his choice but would respect it as his choice, just if he chose anything else I did not agree with as that is my job as a parent.

I was trying to not be rude either when explaining that in the end your sons choice is his. I know I made a lot of choices my mother would not have agreed with and would have really disappointed her, though I would have been more upset to disappoint my grandmother (I really miss her dearly).

In the end though I somehow managed to live through all of my bad choices and learned from them.

I meant no offence if given, I was explaining from an adult sons point of view that our choices might upset and be totally wrong but in the end they are ours to live with.

The best you can do is pray that he either changes his mind or that his lives through it all. The only other thing we can do as a parent is prepare ourselves for whatever might happen.

Raist

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
The same thing happened with Vietnam.
The pore solider realised that it was hopeless.
And they where killing people for nothing.
No wonder America spends so much on vets.
When they start shooting most of their officers in the back.
They will have to do something.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Your "god"

god,you think..lol that,i believe,in your humans god of this ungodly world..lol
i believe in the Mother of all life,the mother of all mothers,'god' lmaf straight to hell,'god'

i put the god thing in there for you all,lol..not me.'GOD'
YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT I THINK ABOUT GOD,HUH !

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join