It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More to the Loughner Mug Shot?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

PHOENIX (AP) — Defense lawyers asked a judge Thursday to prohibit the U.S. Marshals Service from releasing a mug shot of the suspect in the shooting of an Arizona congresswoman and 18 other victims.

Defense lawyers say releasing a mug shot would invade Loughner's privacy rights while not serving any legitimate public interests.

www.mail.com...

I'm not sure why the defense would try to keep the mugshot from being released. Anything has to be better than the first one. The first thing that crossed my mind were the theories I heard here, about how maybe the real Loughner isn't who's pictured in the 1st mugshot, and his defense is in on it.

I'm no expert, what reasons could the defense have? "Just cuz"? Or could it be helping his insanity plea case?

I didn't think this was worthy of "Breaking News", but please move it if there's a better place for it - it's my first thread
Thanks nunya

edit on 10-2-2011 by jessejamesxx because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-2-2011 by jessejamesxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jessejamesxx

What could they be hiding..Could they have possibly roughed him up ?.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

For those who may wonder and don't go to the OP link (we all do it!):

The article simply says the defense's reasoning is that it will violate Loughner's privacy:

From OP Link:

Defense lawyers say releasing a mug shot would invade Loughner's privacy rights while not serving any legitimate public interests.

edit to add: How would a release of an alleged different mugshot violate his privacy? Aren't mugshots public record? And, for the sake of argument, how could Loughner expect privacy when his first released mugshot has been spread all over the nation?
edit on 10-2-2011 by nunya13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechVampyre

What could they be hiding..Could they have possibly roughed him up ?.

After shooting a congresswoman im sure they done more than rough him up they inerduced him to "Bubba"

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by jessejamesxx

PHOENIX (AP) — Defense lawyers asked a judge Thursday to prohibit the U.S. Marshals Service from releasing a mug shot of the suspect in the shooting of an Arizona congresswoman and 18 other victims.

www.mail.com...

I'm not sure why the defense would try to keep the mugshot from being released. Anything has to be better than the first one. The first thing that crossed my mind were the theories I heard here, about how maybe the real Loughner isn't who's pictured in the 1st mugshot, and his defense is in on it.

I'm no expert, what reasons could the defense have? "Just cuz"? Or could it be helping his insanity plea case?

I didn't think this was worthy of "Breaking News", but please move it if there's a better place for it - it's my first thread

Somehow, I never felt comfortable that the photo which was so suddenly plastered everywhere on the internet was his "official" mugshot. It seemed like there was a great push to have him perceived as yet another whacko nut akin to Charles Manson. Wasn't there some quickly quashed question about whether that photo was actually the real mugshot early on in the case?
Not that I don't think he has obvious mental problems, but why do "our" assassins all need to appear like some deranged character from some horror "scream" movie?

( I wonder if the photo in question was the one of him with his gun and wearing that thong, though. I could definitely see his defense team having a big problem with that one getting media coverage.
Ha! )

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
they are hiding the Fact that the First Mug shot has So many Flaws , It probably looks nothing like the new mug shot. The Digitally Enhanced Smirk, The Moles that don't appear in past Photos.

Or! Laughner isn't really Who we all think it is.
Could be a Black Guy for all we Know.

None the Less they're Hiding Something So Keep an Eye out

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
That first shot wasn't totally him anyway. Can't have the non-photoshopped version getting out! Give the photo-retouching expert a couple of days to work on the next mugshot, then we'll see it.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I'm confused. In California you can look up a mugshot online after the arrest, its all posted as a matter of public record with no request required.

Why is this different?

I understand that the Lawyer might just be doing some flexing and trying to get things slowed down and muddied as possible as I kinda doubt he really has much of a chance of winning any defense. Really his legal team will be successful only if they protect his rights and and drag this out as long as possible. Maybe this all that is happening?

Perhaps it is something much more sinister? But what?

If he was beat up I can't imagine the defense would want to hide it, maybe he was smiling and happy... I don't know.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
All I know is they did a good job making him look deranged and crazy. Isnt it funny how he looks just like Gabby giffords husband maybe he was given away as a baby and just has mommy issues.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Wow really guys?? This is kind of disappointing...

If the photos were enhanced or if JLL was roughed up, it would be the PROSECUTION who would be fighting the release. The defense would be pushing for it to show that the big bad government is up to no good. If the defense is pushing for it to be withheld, it is either incriminating to him, he asked for it not to be released, or they actually want the previous mugshot to be the image that everyone remembers.

But really, the defense trying to cover up what everyone is claiming the police/sheriff/marshalls did to him...
Really???

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by youdidntseeme
or they actually want the previous mugshot to be the image that everyone remembers.

Bingo! They want the one where he looks crazy as hell to be the one people see. It make him look crazy in the eye of the public... Anyone smell an insanity plea in the works? I do.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jinglelord
I understand that the Lawyer might just be doing some flexing and trying to get things slowed down and muddied as possible as I kinda doubt he really has much of a chance of winning any defense. Really his legal team will be successful only if they protect his rights and and drag this out as long as possible. Maybe this all that is happening?

Perhaps it is something much more sinister? But what?

If he was beat up I can't imagine the defense would want to hide it, maybe he was smiling and happy... I don't know.

Yeah, thats what I was thinking with my "Just cuz" theory, and the insanity plea one.

Originally posted by youdidntseeme
Wow really guys?? This is kind of disappointing...

If the photos were enhanced or if JLL was roughed up, it would be the PROSECUTION who would be fighting the release. The defense would be pushing for it to show that the big bad government is up to no good. If the defense is pushing for it to be withheld, it is either incriminating to him, he asked for it not to be released, or they actually want the previous mugshot to be the image that everyone remembers.

But really, the defense trying to cover up what everyone is claiming the police/sheriff/marshalls did to him...
Really???

In a case like this though, with a 'deranged killer', could the lawyer do whatever he wants without any say of the accused? Could he be working for someone else, and pushing their agenda? That's the only thing I can come up with, as to how it could be something sinister.

top topics

join