It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Grey Phobia and People Who Have it (Possible Abductees)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   
First off It seems I've made the use of smilies popular to make your threads stand out so I contratulate myself for starting a trend.

I created this thread for myself and others, because recent posts have shown that I am not alone in my extreme phobia of The Greys as a youth. Perhaps the people who share this phobia (as a child) such as myself can trade information here because we all know we share a major indicator of being abducted.

Hopefully we can talk about our phobia as a youth and see if it has any substance, or indication that we (were) abducted.

I will make the first post.
-Grey

[edit on 15-7-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   
up until recently, i had an extreme fear of the idea of even thinking of greys. it would just bring up a hatred/disgust/horror that i didnt want to deal with. even looking at ufo pages would bring this fear on. also, i had a big fear of the dark. for reference, im 16. it stopped rather abruptly about 2-4 months ago, along with other strange things which were going on. ill explain in detail if youd like.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 08:55 PM
link   
As a child??

Your avatar is freaking me out, man.
I still get *ooky* when I see an image of a "grey."

*shudders*

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Confession time... Westley Strieber's book/movie "Communion" absolutely, positively FREAKED me OUT for a couple years and I was 31 years old (!) when I first read it.

I have NEVER
seen anything I couldn't explain, I have never been abducted (that I am aware of at least) and I am basically a skeptic who relies on Occam's Razor for my personal thought process...

The above facts have lead me to beleive that our societal, religious, and environmental upbringing lends itself to these possibly (?) unfounded fears/phobias/obsessions (or DOES IT?!) manifesting themselves in our minds.

Humanity as whole, especially "first world" civilized humanity is bombarded with images of Vampires, Ghouls, Goblins, Aliens, Angels, Super Heroes, etc... from an early age ever since the 1930's or so. All of this via mass media; print, radio, motion pictures and ultimately Television in that chronilogical order. Let's look at when the "UFO/Abduction craze" really got wind in its sails, the 1930's...

It took off like a SHOT in the 1950's, interestingly enough, so did Comicbook sales and T.V. shows depicting all of the above. Not to mention "Roswell"...

I guess my question is, could the release of ideas, images, and stories to the MASSES be directly related to the very same MASSES having "experiences" typical of those in these media? Occam's razor would say YES, would I? I don't know... Do YOU know?

The flip side of the Occam blade is that it is a controlled release of reality through the media, to pre-condition us for the ultimate reality... More questions than answers I fear but that, in a nut-shell, is my view on the whole deal...

m...

[edit on 7-14-2004 by Springer]

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 10:20 PM
link   
This is cut'n pasted from your earlier thread re: unused phoenix et al:

Everyone (particularly thegrey and radardog): same with the grey phobia, though I've since mostly outgrown it. When I was younger, though, some pictures of them were absolutely terrifying; it seemed to depend a lot on getting the angles of the face/eyes "right" for them to be terrifying, as a lot of the pictures didn't do anything. I'm generally not easily frightened or disturbed by much of anything, but certain "grey" pictures were amazingly frightening.

Once I got into my teens I basically forgot about the aliens/ufo thing for a while, but then I started getting crazy nosebleeds, usually once a day, sometimes more, always in the same nostril and always without any real provocation; I mean, I'd just be sitting there, or out eating somewhere, or sleeping, or whatever, and then my nose would start drip-dripping and I'd lose about a cup of blood -- it was severe enough that I started measuring it. This lasted on-and-off for about four years, until I got my nose cauterized and it's mostly stopped (I get maybe 1 a month, tops, now), but while it was going on I literally tried EVERYTHING to get it to stop: humidifiers, saline gel for the nose, various herbal remedies, etc., and looked into every remotely possible reason for the nosebleeds.

Among those were of course the abduction scenario -- if you google frequent nosebleeds you'll eventually hit alien/ufo related links -- and so I figured I might as well look into the possibility, since nothing else was working, either. The fact that I had that irrational grey-phobia was for me evidence at least somewhat suggestive of an abduction (or at least alien encounter), but there wasn't anything else conclusive. The only other "evidence" for an abduction/implant scenario in my case is that I'm somewhat more sensitive to EMF than most people; I have to ask my roommates to turn off lights and appliances, sometimes, because they're irritating, and walking through magnetic things (like at airports or when you enter/exit large stores) is pretty uncomfortable, though I'm not sure I can put my finger on the exact sensation.

Because I don't have any real evidence beyond what I've mentioned I've basically come to the conclusion that I've never been abducted, and if I have I have no memory of it and it certainly doesn't seem to be at all an ongoing thing. But, I got interested again in the overall abduction phenomena in investigating my own "case," so here I am. It does seem like "something" is going on with ufos/aliens, etc., but it's hard to get a clear picture of what that "something" is.

TheGrey: your avatar doesn't do it for me; the head shape doesn't seem "right", and the eyes don't go "up" enough on the outside. i think the neck's a bit too thick, also, but that's really hard to say; I feel like getting the right gestalt requires a thinner neck and eyes with sharper curvature, but that's all I can say.

[edit on 15-7-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 10:29 PM
link   
i know just what you guys are talking about. I can't stand drawings, pictures or any sort of crappy rendering of a grey. Gives me the willies. I've never had any sort of experience with one or anything, I simply dont like them. Could that be a for a racism? lol Hating them for no good reason. I think the reason that actually scare me is that they probably have the ability to take me far far away and scramble my brain in ways I just dont need and I could do nothing about it.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I "jump" when ever I see a grey.

I don't know why. There is just something about those big heads and those big dark eyes that is so sinister.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
I "jump" when ever I see a grey.

I don't know why. There is just something about those big heads and those big dark eyes that is so sinister.

Yep, it's the eyes. Eyes can say a lot, and from what I'm seen they just seem devoid of emotion. I tend to want to humanize them so they will be less creepy to me but it justn't does work. Do they blink or is this like a snake thing?

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I dont think being scared of grey means youve been
abducted. Its like every phobia like a fear of spiders which
i have also.
lets see a show of hand of who has "grey phobia"

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 11:22 PM
link   
When I was little I used to think they were hiding in my closet. :O But I have no aversion to them now.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Lets face it the bastards are just plain ugly. The leathery skin, the big cavernous blackholes they call eyes, the disproportionately small body.

I also used to be scared sh1tless of these little fellas and I'm sure I have never been abducted. The fact that these things are possibly real, intelligent, can kidnap you unkowingly, and in a world where everyone tries to be as beautiful as possible these things are UGLY. Add all that up and you have yourself a nightmare.

However, they don't really scare me any longer. Its kind of like looking at a hairless cat the first couple of times. They are ugly, it just seems wrong, and it makes you sick. But after awhile they start to look kind of cute.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Repost from the last thread:

ccam's razor is abused!
It basically states "Do not multiply unnecessary entities."

Sadly for the movie Contact, Occam considered God to be the only necessary entity. Although, it also harms the UFO community: Adding unknown objects to the natural world is a practice in adding an unnecessary entity. This is why scientists always look for natural causes of all UFO/Alien encounters.

Oddly enough, I share your gray-phobia. It is an irrational fear, and I don't know how I came to fear pictures of them.

Here are some psychologist thoughts to why phobias occur:

1. Early childhood trauma (Abduction?) [Freud]

2. Physiological disorders (Perhaps we're just crazy?) [biologists]

3. Genetics (Later found to be not very convincing)

4. Social conditioning (Maybe we're coniditioned to fear grays?)
[sociologists]

5. Inappropriate learning (Learning that Abduction = Pain) [Behaviourists]

------------------------------------------

I have to keep the blinds closed at night -- and not in fear of a human peeking through them.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   
It was my experience as a child that I had an extreme phobia of greys which wore off as I got older. It's possible it stemmed from TV programms such as "UFO Coverup Live".

In any event, my mother noticed my phobia when she tried to play a very bad joke on me one night. She asked me to go get her shoes from the closet, and I went. When I opened the door her boyfriend was in the closet waiting with a batman mask on. He scared the # out of me, and in my mind I actually saw a grey alien, or thought one was there. I immediately hit the ground in a fetus position and I started screaming at the top of my lungs. Let's just say she took the fact that I thought they were scarry and real very seriously after that.

About 2 years ago my mother called me crying on the phone that she was being visited in the night by the same aliens I was afraid of as a child. Luckily for me I wasnt still there!!! Anyway, I couldnt help but think she was crazy and I told her NEVER to tell anyone what she told me.

She told me the following in her account of what she experienced: (and i think its weird that she 'remembered' because usually you dont, which is one reason why i thought she was telling a lie)

There were 3 that came.
One (the first time she saw?) was peeking at her around the corner in the entrance to her bedroom, just like communion.
She said their skin was "dolphin-like" with tints of green and purple
She said they had long nails or claws on the end of their hands and looked evil like demons (but like greys)
She tried to wake her husband every time it happened and he would reply with (you're dreaming go back to sleep) and never wake up or even look
She said that one crawled DOWN the wall towards the head of her bed looking at her and her husband (which is another reason i thought she lied, from what i know they cant climb walls down like spider-man)
She said their nails had left marks where the one gripped the wall climing, or peeking around the corner.

Anyway this really disturbed me, and when I told her she was crazy she said "you know what im talking about, remember you told me they were in your room when you were a child" and I said no? I didnt remember that.

However I did spend a summer in arkansaws and i remember seeing a triagular formation of 3 stars very very far away in the stars themselves, im not sure if they were moving. But I will tell you that I will never, ever in my life live in the countryside, and this is why I moved to NYC. I feel safe here.

-Grey

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheGrey

She said that one crawled DOWN the wall towards the head of her bed looking at her and her husband (which is another reason i thought she lied, from what i know they cant climb walls down like spider-man)

I KNEW spiderman was an alien

hehe. j/k

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 07:02 PM
link   
ive seen a lot of pics. and according to some of the people who i talk to,almost all of the ones that freaked me out freaked out all of them. do u think that there is some sort of vision that we have of these creatures and when we see an exact replica of this subliminal thought, it freaks us out? this may sound farfetched, but it was just a thought that i had.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheGrey

About 2 years ago my mother called me crying on the phone that she was being visited in the night by the same aliens I was afraid of as a child. Luckily for me I wasnt still there!!! Anyway, I couldnt help but think she was crazy and I told her NEVER to tell anyone what she told me.

She told me the following in her account of what she experienced: (and i think its weird that she 'remembered' because usually you dont, which is one reason why i thought she was telling a lie)

-Grey

Ok, why would you tell her not to tell other people? That makes not sense to me. If she was lying no worries, but that is a screwy thing to lie about. Shoot let it get out, fight the man.
Perhaps they did visit you as a child and that's why you dislike them. I would dislike anything coming into my house and creeping around dammit.
And perhaps there is another reason for not liking greys. They seems to have the ability to get to people where they are supposed to feel safe.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 07:21 PM
link   
The sight of seeing a grey doesn't freak me out now, like it used to. For some reason, I used to associate those porcelain clown dolls with the greys. My sister had one in her room and I always hated it.
I've seen those greys in dreams when I was a child, but I don't seem to have that experience now.
Instead I sometimes have dreams of a taller figure standing over me. I usually wake up screaming when that happens, and I find a connection to oobe's when I do have that dream.
If I believed that I was being visited by these beings, I certainly wouldn't admit to it. Not even here on ATS.
There's so much stigma and ridicule connected to people who claim to have visits from the greys, I think I could do without that.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Whenever I hear mention of these Greys or see a drawing of them, it has always gave me a little nervous feeling. I don't know why, because I have no memories of being "visited" or anything.

I must say that my belief in the Greys themselves is very small, I think it's more about human's fear of the unknown, than about little grey men. I could be completely wrong, and I have looked at tons of evidence, but nothing that I have read has either convinced me that it's true, or totally debunked it, so there you go.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 07:32 PM
link   
um, is anyone else seeing a bunch of bold words throughout this topic???

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I'm seeing it everywhere. It seems to be replacing the first letter of the alphabet. Very weird.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join