It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was the Qld floods manmade ?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by iMawake
reply to post by liejunkie01

Mate floods such as these ones have been happening way before any weather modification technology was even thought of. Look up the 1893 Brisbane flood for one example. You can't tell me they were doing weather modifications then.

There are floods in QLD & Northern NSW every year. It is a common occurance. This one unfortunately was on a larger scale but still not out of the ordinary.

I am aware of the seasons. It is possible that the rainy season had some help, for whatever reason. I am not denying that rainy seasons happen, or even devestating 30 year floods. I am open to the possibility(with plenty of countries and seeding projects to back up the claims in the op's links) that maybe they were trying to make the rainy season less or more intense.

Of course we did not have that kind of technology back in the day. I am just stating that we do now. We have proof that they have the planes in the area stated in the op's thread. This is a pretty good indication that it is certainly a possibility that weather modification could have assisted the outcome of this storm.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I'm still leaning towards it being a natural disaster due to cyclones & the La Niña weather pattern. Just more feesible given QLD being a tropical state and all.

But this argument could go on forever without definitive proof either way. I've had my 2 cents worth.

Hope you get to the bottom of it OP.
edit on 11-2-2011 by iMawake because: missed a word in my sentence

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf
Define 'Trolling' in the context of what I said? It *IS* pathetic what the OP asks.

It was "trolling" as it disagreed with the OP's silly conspiracy theory - droughts and flooding rains are part of Australia, and always have been.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I found when and how much money your gov't spends/spent on weather modification. I wonder if they spent it all or have renewed the contract. This is sometime ago now.

In December 2006, the Queensland government of Australia announced AUD$7.6 million in funding for "warm cloud" seeding research to be conducted jointly by the Australian Bureau of Meteorology and the United States National Center for Atmospheric Research. Outcomes of the study are hoped to ease continuing drought conditions in the states South East region.

www.newworldencyclopedia.org...

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Not just severe weather but deadly out of season weather.

I am sorry op. I usually do not get this defensive, but people are ignorant. Opinions and all.

The wet season is roughly between December and April each year. The majority of North Queensland residents welcome this time of year. The rivers, creeks and waterfalls are in their prime and the rainforest comes alive. When the first heavy rain hits Cairns City you can see the steam rise from the concrete and bitumen roads as it cools and cleans the streets.

www.cairnsinfo.com...

Umm sure, it's the others that are ignorant, not you...

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by dereks

Define 'Trolling' in the context of what I said? It *IS* pathetic what the OP asks.

It was "trolling" as it disagreed with the OP's silly conspiracy theory - droughts and flooding rains are part of Australia, and always have been.

So are you saying that they are not seeding the clouds. Read my above post please. It is possible. What makes this silly?

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

Not just severe weather but deadly out of season weather.

I am sorry op. I usually do not get this defensive, but people are ignorant. Opinions and all.

The wet season is roughly between December and April each year. The majority of North Queensland residents welcome this time of year. The rivers, creeks and waterfalls are in their prime and the rainforest comes alive. When the first heavy rain hits Cairns City you can see the steam rise from the concrete and bitumen roads as it cools and cleans the streets.

www.cairnsinfo.com...

Umm sure, it's the others that are ignorant, not you...

If you would of posted the first part of my comment:

"Quit bashing and look the info up dude. What the hell? Look at the darn cities and countries. There is a link to the seeding and severe weather. Not just severe weather but deadly out of season weather."

There are links to countries, cities, times, dates, and the type of research on the weather seeding in the content the op posted. I took the time to look it up and cross reference information provided by the op. Obviously you did not. I was implying to check out the other countries and cities. I thought that I made that clear.

So please do some reading before you just jump on a thread and disrespect me for reading and looking into the content of the thread.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Yes cloud seeding is an actual scientific endeavour used to create rain, nobody will deny that

The fact is that cloud seeding is not an effective mean to actually get it to rain, and the results of this have scientifically documented.

Please do some research into the La Nina weather pattern, and its effects on the tropical and sub tropical zones of Australia, before you start assuming that the floods, or any other weather phenomenen is man made.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Great thread. S&F!

I've had the same suspicions myself.
Now that you've included some links and facts, it'll take it to another level for me and a few friends who think along the same lines.
What most are concerned about though, is that Insurance companies won't pay out if it's a proven man made disaster. So because billions of dollars are at stake, I can't see this cloud seeding being hooked up to all the
floods and other freak weather in the MSM. Not going to happen.

If you look at it from the Governments point of view, they do the seeding, the floods clean out the river system for them so they save billions there and insurance companies pay out for all the damage of the modified weather.
It's a win win for them.
Unfortunately as we all know about Governments, deaths are collateral damage to them.
Anyone who thinks the Australian Government is above this attitude needs a reality check.

I'd even go so far as to predict that both NSW and Victoria have done the seeding as well.
I'm sure it will all come out in the wash sooner or later.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by lavenlaar
@Badwolf - i respect your comments and criticisms, but please, if you don't believe/or want to, then so be it. I don't believe in half the wild stories here on ATS but I don't bag their time and effort, i just move on.

Fair call - My only issue is that it will be a recurring theme.

But, you are right, I've said my bit, I'll vacate and let others discuss as they wish.

Coh, I think I said more than enough for 4 threads anyway!!

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
Yes cloud seeding is an actual scientific endeavour used to create rain, nobody will deny that

The fact is that cloud seeding is not an effective mean to actually get it to rain, and the results of this have scientifically documented.

Please do some research into the La Nina weather pattern, and its effects on the tropical and sub tropical zones of Australia, before you start assuming that the floods, or any other weather phenomenen is man made.

What if the weather pattern gets a boost. We do not have to make the weather, we just help it out a little.

20 Mar 1967 US Military Begins Operation Popeye, a Cloud Seeding Program

During October 1966, Project Popeye was tested in a strip of the Laos panhandle east of the Bolovens Plateau in the Se Kong River valley. The test was conducted by personnel from the Naval Ordnance Test Station located at China Lake California. Fifty cloud seeding experiments were conducted with the result that 82% of the clouds produced rain within a brief period after having been seeded. It was claimed that one of the clouds drifted across the Vietnam border and dropped nine inches of rain on a US special forces camp over a four hour period. After the successful completion of the test phase, Project Popeye transitioned from an experiment to an operational program of the U.S. Defense department.[
timelines.com/1967/3/20/us-military-begins-operation-popeye-a -cloud-seeding-program

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Every meteorologist knows that in a La Nina year, there is no point in wasting millions of dollars on attempting cloud seeding when rainfall is known to be above average on the east coast of Australia. La Nina weather patterns do not need an extra boost to produce rain, because thats what they do naturally.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Just so that everybody is clear.... I never said once that it was the cause, just that it could be !

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01
EDIT: Prove to me that this storm was not related to weather modification, oh wise one.

Sim Salabim! - Look out your window O Master. I, great Genie of the bourbon Bottle, has cast thou good weather.

I cast no storm. PROOF It was not weather modification, but I! The Great Genie!

Fear not that the incorrigible west has castigated my powers. I am ALL SRS BSNS!!

Is that proof enough

*rolling eyes minus the emoticon, because I am not serious enough to do so at this point*

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by lavenlaar
Just so that everybody is clear.... I never said once that it was the cause, just that it could be !

I am looking into the possibility of the oucomes of these floods. More security, money, control? I am looking into what would be a motive for helping create a natural disaster on this scale. Was it an "accident", or loss of control, that went haywire like in China with the snow? Maybe they were trying to lessen the rainy seasons effects. These are the questions I am looking up now.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   

EDIT: Prove to me that this storm was not related to weather modification, oh wise one.

Sim Salabim! - Look out your window O Master. I, great Genie of the bourbon Bottle, has cast thou good weather.

I cast no storm. PROOF It was not weather modification, but I! The Great Genie!

Fear not that the incorrigible west has castigated my powers. I am ALL SRS BSNS!!

Is that proof enough

*rolling eyes minus the emoticon, because I am not serious enough to do so at this point*

lol... I was needing a smoke and your comment got under my skin a little. That is why I butchered the post all to hell. I am still laughing

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   

lol... I was needing a smoke and your comment got under my skin a little. That is why I butchered the post all to hell. I am still laughing

Haha

On this note, I shall honestly bugger orf, for a mod comes in and swats me

*plus a smoke sounds like a good idea at this point!! *

(Oh Ps, if I get under your skin, you'll need a wire brush and some vaseline, Im terrible

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I am looking for a reason, if any, for your gov't to create this disaster. I found this article kind of interesting. It has to do with climate change and carbon emisions. That kind of talk is big business, just ask Al Gore.

TPTB in your country could be tightening the grip on the citizens with new building codes, taxes, and regulations.

Queensland's twin disasters, the floods and tropical cyclone Yasi, drew attention to the link between climate change and extreme whether events. Scientific research expects these disasters to get much more frequent and intense over time if no action is taken to rein in our carbon emissions. While we must plan and rebuild our communities to withstand extreme weather threats, we must also address those practices that have helped allow these threats arrive in the first place.
As the adage states: every disaster brings with it opportunity. In Queensland there is the opportunity to rebuild homes to minimise energy use and climate-changing carbon emissions. The homes built today in this mammoth rebuilding effort can help limit climate change, but only if the Gillard and Bligh governments take leadership.

www.smh.com.au/op inion/society-and-culture/disasters-present-opportunity-to-build-for-zero-emissions-future-20110210-1anz1.html

I do not know how your system works over there but there seems to be alot of back and forth on different agendas. New imposed taxes which they say would expire. But we really know that once the taxes are flowing in they will not stop.

Australia's minority Labour government today imposed a reconstruction tax and cut environmental spending to help fund the recovery from this month's devastating floods and immediately ran into opposition from one of the parties keeping it in power.
The plan is likely to spark fiery debate in parliament when it reconvenes next month, with key Greens lawmakers angry over cuts to renewable energy programmes and independent MPs nervous about the impact on regional spending.

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1351036/Australia-flooding-Government-imposes-new-tax-slashes-environmental-spending-bid-save-econom y-sinking.html#ixzz1DdS2fZxw

People on ATS are always talking how the powers that be are screwing us over, engaging in depopulation programs, and working on controlling every aspect of our lives. Taking control over a disaster is a good way to implement these forms of control.

When an opportunity arrives to explore these avenues of discussion on ATS, the same people that post of such control and horrors of the powers that be are the first to degrade or belittle a person for submitting such a discussion to be explored.

This is just a few things that I found that I am sure you are aware of. I am tired and going to bed now. I have learned alot about your country from this thread. Thank you... and everyone else should take the time to learn a thing or two.

Just like our politicians say, never let a good catastrophe go to waste, or however the saying goes..lol..

edit on 11-2-2011 by liejunkie01 because: with, grammar

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Funny you should mention the taxes.
The Gillard Government is bringing in a Flood Levy to pay for infrastructure rebuilding.

The Government last year were in a dilemma on how to flush out the main river systems, as due to the drought,
salination to previous fertile farming and agricultural land and other problems like algae blooms and other problems of a low water river system were wreaking havoc.
It was costed at billions of dollars to flush the rivers manually or large parts of our main rivers would've dried up permanently. Agriculturalists would've been ruined and forced off the land and a lot of towns would've become ghost towns due to the locals moving elsewhere.

So let's just say there was a lot of incentive for what happened to happen on the part of the Government.

Look forward to reading whatever else you come up with.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by iMawake

lol how naive ever heard of TMT? I think Tesla was working on other theories

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join