It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IMF calls for dollar alternative

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by crimvelvet
reply to post by G.A.G.

It is from yahoo finance and has to do with insider transactions. They "BAILED" out, and stole from shareholders??

Thanks for the info. Here is some background as to why Verichip may have tanked.

The 2005 Draft Strategic Plan by the USDA require ALL livestock in the USA to be RFID chipped by 2009??? Unfortunately for Verichip and the USDA, American Farmers are not as dumb as they thought and put up one heck of a fight. This managed to get Animal Id postponed until the New Food Safety Law was passed December 2010. Verichip, thinking the states would agree one by one and farmers would chip their animals got a rude awakening. I do not expect the new law to be the end of the fight. There are too many very well informed and very angry farmers out there.

The NAIS is a 3 step phased in program

1: Federal Premises Identification Number-PIN
Anyone who houses livestock

2: Animal Identification with ISO RFID 117784/11785 tag or injectable chip-AIN
Any livestock which leaves your property must be identified....

xstatic99645.tripod.com...

I cannot disagree at all. Good perception on your part. Thankyou for adding to my reply.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

The central banking scheme has caused famine, impoverished scores of people and is now bankrupting entire nations.

You forgot all the blood on their hands from starting and bankrolling wars:
Here is WWI and WWII Days of Infamy and The War on Terrorism and Bankrolling The Bolshevik Revolution

The Rothchilds also made a bundle of money off the Napolianic Wars by spreading the rumor that England lost just before the news broke that England had won.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

...The US is an excellent position to benefit from the growth in the BRIC and the former third world. Wonder why? LAND, LAND, LAND. It has one of the most productive agricultural sector in the world...

I do not know about the rest of what you said, although going from 24% employment in manufacturing (1970) to under 9% with a transfer of over 70% of U.S. GDP. to Foreign ownership of U.S. assets by 2002 certainly sounds bad for the USA. Couple that with continuing leveraged buyouts of healthy companies and the changes in the 202 tax code and the USA is NOT going to be coming out of the Depression any time soon.

I do know the farm issue.

The USA produces 25% of the grain. 40% of the USA is farmland. The FDA will be spurred on by the FOOD AND AGRICULTURAL CARTELS: THE GLOBALIZATION OF CORPORATE CRIME...(Purdue University) who will aggressively try to put America's independent farmers out of business and grab their land. The newly passed Food Safety Law will allow them to do so. Similar laws allowed the Ag Cartel to wipe out European independent farmers. Portugal lost 60% of her farmers and it was not during an economic slump.

The new food safety Law in a nutshell:

FORBES: More FDA Authority Won't Improve Food Safety

Inspectors work by looking around to see whether a facility is clean and examining the producer's records of its own risk reduction efforts. But records are only as good as the record keeper, and a producer trustworthy enough to keep perfect records doesn't need frequent inspections....

HACCP tends to smother firms in paperwork and impose rigid, costly and out-of-date practices...

Complying with HACCP rules is also hugely expensive, which may be one reason why the country's biggest food producers support the legislation. Big companies already have their own voluntary HACCP programs. But the new law would force those costs on smaller competitors and shift substantial quality control responsibilities onto the small farms and other producers that feed their supply chains....

Why the Tester Amendment Does NOT Help Small Food Producers

...If Grandma wants to sell her famous raspberry jam at the county fair (within 275 miles of her canning kitchen) she will indeed be qualified for small producer exemptions, but not before she forks over 3 years of financials, documentation of hazard control plans, and all local licenses, permits, and inspection reports. She must submit this documentation to the satisfactory approval of the Secretary; and if she fails to do so, the entirety of S.510 can be enforced on her. That's hardly what I would call an exemption....

The Commerce Clause and your Home Garden?

...Moreover, DeLauro's own bill includes a broad jurisdictional provision that creates a presumption that home gardens do affect interstate commerce.

Section 406 of the bill reads as follows: “PRESUMPTION. In any action to enforce the requirements of the food safety law, the connection with interstate commerce required for jurisdiction shall be presumed to exist.”

Lori Robertson of FactCheck.org, who is not a lawyer (she has a B.A. in advertising), claims the bill doesn’t apply to “that tomato plant in your backyard.” As a lawyer, I am skeptical of this claim (I co-represented the prevailing defendant in the last successful constitutional challenge to federal regulation under the interstate commerce clause, United States v. Morrison (2000), one of only two cases in 70 years in which a challenge was successful). Congress's power under the Constitution's Commerce Clause is almost unlimited in the eyes of the courts, and thus can reach the "tomato plant in your backyard."
www.examiner.com...

I am sure some will benefit from what is going on but it certainly will NOT be the American people.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Hey guys

New to the site. Did anyone catch this announcement from the IMF?

IMF Managing Director Dominique Strauss-Kahn Calls for Strengthening the International Monetary System

www.imf.org...

Interesting how the IMF announces this stuff in the midst of the Egyptian coup. I find the first paragraph interesting:

[QUOTE]Mr. Dominique Strauss-Kahn, Managing Director of the International Monetary Fund (IMF), warned today that lack of action to reform the international monetary system could sow the seeds of the next crisis, and he called for renewed international cooperation for a better and stronger global recovery.[/QUOTE]

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by surrealist

New to the site. Did anyone catch this announcement from the IMF?

Have you read these background articles on the IMF?
I certainly do NOT want the IMF in charge of my country.

Structural Adjustment Program
Structural Adjustment Policies are economic policies which countries must follow in order to qualify for new World Bank and International Monetary Fund (IMF) loans and help them make debt repayments on the older debts owed to commercial banks, governments and the World Bank....

SAPs generally require countries to devalue their currencies against the dollar; lift import and export restrictions; balance their budgets and not overspend; and remove price controls and state subsidies...

Balancing national budgets can be done by raising taxes, which the IMF frowns upon, or by cutting government spending, which it definitely recommends. As a result, SAPs often result in deep cuts in programmes like education, health and social care, and the removal of subsidies designed to control the price of basics such as food and milk. So SAPs hurt the poor most, because they depend heavily on these services and subsidies...

By devaluing the currency and simultaneously removing price controls, the immediate effect of a SAP is generally to hike prices up three or four times, increasing poverty to such an extent that riots are a frequent result...

"Today I resigned from the staff of the International Monetary Fund after over 12 years, and after 1000 days of official fund work in the field, hawking your medicine and your bag of tricks to governments and to peoples in Latin America and the Caribbean and Africa. To me, resignation is a priceless liberation, for with it I have taken the first big step to that place where I may hope to wash my hands of what in my mind's eye is the blood of millions of poor and starving peoples. Mr. Camdessus, the blood is so much, you know, it runs in rivers. It dries up too; it cakes all over me; sometimes I feel that there is not enough soap in the whole world to cleanse me from the things that I did do in your name and in the name of your predecessors, and under your official seal. "

With those words, Davison Budhoo, a senior economist with the International Monetary Fund (IMF) for more than 12 years, publicly resigned in May, 1988....

Budhoo was the first person to break the IMF's code of silence regarding internal affairs by exposing extensive statistical fraud... www.thirdworldtraveler.com...

An Article by Davison Budhoo: www.thirdworldtraveler.com...

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   

The past of the IMF is one deep in blood and poverty as pointed out by crimvelvet, they have been a front for the corporate criminal cabal and I would not except too many sad faces if they got wiped off this planet. Fund wise they are relatively small as well with about $300 Billion US in the kitty, enough to keep America running for a month. To a lot of smaller nations this is a lot and can make a big difference. What I am starting to see with the economy is its eventual elimination www.abovetopsecret.com... . This is not something that will happen overnight, but from a choice of two worlds in how convergence is applied it is the better option.

The recent moves by Dominique Strauss-Kahn does sound to be stepping up to the plate in terms of corporate responsibility by opening up the books and policy decisions to the G20. This does take the control out of a small group of bankers with profit motives and puts it into a more global governance of the economic issues.

To meet this goal, they launched the Framework for Strong, Sustainable, and Balanced Growth.

www.imf.org...

It does sound like the role of the IMF is changing from loan sharks to helping unite the global economy with some changing of the guard. It sounds like the world has two options with the IMF.

1/ Kill it. All these underlying debt problems may suddenly surface and economic warfare will result as nations go into self defence mode to try and rescue any value that is in the system and minimise losses. Results will not be very successful and the globalisation process will fall back as global depression follows. Many large corporations will fail as their economic models fail. A lot of corruption will be cleaned up in the process but a lot of chaos will follow.

2/ Support it. With time this debt problem may get contained and isolated as a lot more review is allowed on the actual situation. As with culture, there are a lot of different ways to manage an economy. With a more gradual approach to a single global currency it will take down the corruption and bad policy in a more surgical way. With G20 oversight to IMF loans I expect the corporate looting of nations will stop and austerity measures will be dramatically cut back with more focus on limiting corruption rather than national infrastructure.

I do see a single global currency as an important step to eliminating the need for money. Along the way much of the corruption and conflict will be dismantled in a responsible way. During this time a lot of the corporate infrastructure will also evolve to help relinquish our slavery due to technology. The IMF is in a unique position to see a lot of problems and issues in the economy. It is really good to hear that the G20 has overcome the CFR for dictating policy and gives me hope that the IMF may truly live up to its name. I acknowledge there are still many risk with supporting the IMF and I may be wrong with this assessment, any other ideas or views?

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
the real game changer in all this and it seems to me if i read it correctly, is that the US China, EU and the oil producing country's , have no stable assets, see this www.imsreform.org... that is to say no fixed value as to what one is worth. so does that mean the IMF, IMS will step in and say you have X assets for Y value so you are worth Z funds, now give us your X assets for Y value in Z funds, what ever Z funds that is in the currency we, IMF decide

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

the real game changer in all this and it seems to me if i read it correctly, is that the US China, EU and the oil producing country's , have no stable assets, that is to say no fixed value as to what one is worth

I agree. Even in the past when gold was used to back money there where still price fluctuations as supply and demand in the gold market changed. Finding out what exactly is used to back a currency these days is difficult, debt is another asset that has been added to the basket and there is still a lot of unresolved issues in relation to this. The main worth in currency is how it facilitates trade, how this relates to assets is a complex and dynamic relationship. With some theories of a resource based economy developing, a stocktake of the worlds resources is needed to establish the limits in our finite world and clearly define the supply part of the economy. Computer modelling can then be used to forecast the demand requirements. The international monetary system will then be better positioned to adjust policy decisions to help the many different currencies and economic policies facilitate the required trade.

so does that mean the IMF, IMS will step in and say you have X assets for Y value so you are worth Z funds

Yes, as I see it.

now give us your X assets for Y value in Z funds, what ever Z funds that is in the currency we, IMF decide

I do not see the IMF becoming the worlds tax man. It is likely some funds will be provided by member nations to help stabilize the global economy for more troubled nations. Balancing between national economies is also an aim, one way this could be achieved is with the IMF absorbing excess debts and funds. There are possibly many ways a sustainable global economy could be achieved, the political discussions will be long and hard. It does look like the IMF is growing from an international banker to an organisation of global collaboration and negation to stabilise the global economy.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Interesting. On a slightly different note, what is it with the sudden wave of stock exchange mega-mergers currently?
edit on 13-2-2011 by surrealist because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

the bigger the Corp, the more assets they will have less likely to fail, if it is about to fail then it can ask for GOV bail out, that and when the IMF does go one currency then it will have a bigger asset table, the us dollar stands at .73 to the euro 1.35 and Brit Pound .62 now if lets say the IMF said they had a new currency to replace the 3 listed , take the 3 add together now Divide by 3 ..78 on the dollar, euro, Brit pound, now see where this is heading.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   

what is it with the sudden wave of stock exchange mega-mergers currently?

The trading rules between stock exchanges do appear to be different, mainly with the derivatives section which has allowed a lot of looting, corruption and basic economic warfare between nations. By bring all the stock exchanges under the same set of rules it allows for a more level playing field.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join