It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

X-Men: First Class - Official Trailer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

I still think that this movie is a terrible idea but the trailer looks better than I thought it would. The film stars James McAvoy as Professor X and Michael Fassbender as Magneto. The film is a prequel of the first three films, taking place in the 1960's and will involve the origin of the Xavier's X-Men and Magneto's Brotherhood of Mutants. The main antagonist is Sebastian Shaw (played by Kevin Bacon) who will appear with the Hellfire Club. It is directed by Matthew Vaughn (Stardust, Kick-Ass) and will be released on June 3rd, 2011.

The other cast includes January Jones as Emma Frost/White Queen, Rose Byrne as Moira MacTaggert, Nicholas Hoult as Henry "Hank" McCoy/Beast, Jennifer Lawrence as Raven Darkholme/Mystique, Zoë Kravitz as Angel Salvadore, Caleb Landry Jones as Sean Cassidy/Banshee, Lucas Till as Alex Summers/Havok, Edi Gathegi as Armando Muñoz/Darwin, Jason Flemyng as Azazel, Álex González as Janos Quested/Riptide, Tony Rich as Thomas (a mutant that can replicate other mutant powers), Oliver Platt as "Man in Black", Laurence Belcher as a younger Charles Xavier, Bill Milner as a younger Erik Lehnsherr, Morgan Lily as a younger Raven Darkholme, Andy Callaghan as an unknown member of the Hellfire Club, and Ray Wise as the United States Secretary of State.
edit on 2/10/2011 by MrAndy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Hmm kinda disappointed with the trailer actually... but it still looks awesome, can't wait to go see it.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by bajunga

Really??? I think this iteration of the X-men looks a lot better than the other X-men movies, but I really like the back stories and the explanation of how things are often more then I like the main story line. Guess that’s just me.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Personally I think this movie looks really good... better than the other X-Men movies.

BTW I like your Avatar OP, Deadpool ftw.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d661a3242e1c.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I think it could be good, the trailers a bit iffy but holds promise.

I remember Patrick stewart or was it Ian Mcellan on Jonothan Ross show talking about this project when X 3 came about.

Which ever one it was said they were going to use the same tech that made them look young in X3 to make this film. I guess they dropped the idea.

I prefered Wolverine to all 3 X-men films, and I preffered that older movie (I could have sworn it was called "Generation X" but can't find anything on it) even more so.
(It had Cyclops, Jubilee and Xavier) anyone remember???

Here we go:
tigrrwildcat.50megs.com...

Except Jubilee, most others were just similar characters to the actual X-men, loved it when I was a kid though.
edit on 11-2-2011 by Chukkles because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
There is a rumor that Hugh Jackman might have a cameo in X-Men: First Class since he was seen on the site a few months ago.

reply to post by Chukkles

That website made my anti-virus software very angry. I don't know if there is really anything there, but you might want to scan your computer to be safe.

I didn't go to the site but I think you are probably talking about the made-for-TV movie "Generation X" that came out in 1997 or so, around the same time as the comic. I only saw it the time it aired, all I can really remember is Banshee, White Queen, and Matt Frewer (whoever he played).

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by MrAndy

Yes the made for TV movie, search Gen X for it, though it is called generation X.

www.imdb.com...
edit on 12-2-2011 by Chukkles because: (no reason given)

top topics

join