It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Administration Corrects Clapper's Claim That Muslim Brotherhood Is 'Secular' Read more: ht

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Obama Administration Corrects Clapper's Claim That Muslim Brotherhood Is 'Secular' Read more: www.foxnews.com...

www.foxnews.com

The Obama administration took the rare step Thursday of correcting its own intelligence chief after the official claimed Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood is "largely secular." ...
..."I am concerned that the DNI's assessment does not agree with recent public statements by senior leaders of the Muslim Brotherhood nor does it agree with the organization's publicly stated goals," Sen. Mark Kirk, R-Ill., said in a written statement, describing the group as "radical."

Read more: www.foxnews.com...#
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
This Administration never seems to have it's act together. The Director of National Intelligence making a statement like this seems to be the rule rather than the exception.

How could a man in this position NOT be fully aware of the Muslim Brotherhood and it's history? Does not make me sleep well at night knowing these people are in charge.

His words "The term 'Muslim Brotherhood' ... is an umbrella term for a variety of movements, in the case of Egypt, a very heterogeneous group, largely secular, which has eschewed violence and has decried Al Qaeda as a perversion of Islam", indicate a man totally out of touch with the world to me.

www.foxnews.com

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
This is the same guy that did not know about the heavily covered arrest of 12 Terrorist in the UK when asked about it by Diane Sawyer of ABC, at an interview after it had been the Lead Story on all the news programs that morning. He had not even been briefed, nor does he apparently watch the news.

ABC article on this.

"I was a little surprised you didn't know about London," Sawyer told Clapper.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't," he replied.

I wonder if he is going to be in such an important position for much longer after this proof his lack of knowledge on yet another topic he should have a good grasp of?

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I'm by no means claiming to fully understand the Muslim Brotherhood but am of the impression, based on some reading, that they are opposed to violence. Conversely Al Qaeda's objective is based on violent jihad. Hamas brings up a whole other side. I'm not saying these folks are sprouting angel wings but there seems to be a fundamental difference, at least from some preliminary reading, on what exactly their stated goals are and how they are being interpreted. Obviously the collapse of Egypt doesn't bode well for US/Egyptian relations, another puppet regime down the drain.

To your point though, one would expect senior levels of government to be better informed. From several press releases and even TV coverage this administration does seem to be on shaky ground.

brill

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by brill

Al Qaeda is violent jihad. Muslim brotherhood is non violent jihad.

They are two sides of the same coin.

The non violent group undermines a nation from the inside out, while the violent group pounds them from outside in.

They are both going for the same goal. Worldwide Muslim domination.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Tranny
reply to post by brill

The non violent group undermines a nation from the inside out, while the violent group pounds them from outside in.

Aw........that's just crazy talk - you dont think our marxist/progressive media wouldn't be all over this do you!?

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by brill

In their public claims yes. But they are not "Secular" in any way shape or form and this is the Director of National Intelligence who should know that.

However in the Muslim Brotherhoods own Charter their goal is a worldwide Caliphate and the end of Israel. In fact a Caliphate means a completely Muslim ruled world under a Theocracy. I believe many of the worst Terrorists were spawned by them. They are in fact outlawed by Mubarak. I understand they make up about 15% of the population and it's a worry they will gain to much power precipitating a huge war or another Theocracy like Iran.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Tranny
reply to post by brill

I think the Jews are way ahead of them in terms of worldwide domination. Banking, Media, Politics. Please call me when the Muslim Brotherhood is running the Federal Reserve and Disney. Thanks for your time. lol

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by JohhnyBGood

I think you need to do some homework. The Muslim Brotherhood does not deny their goal. In fact you are arguing with what they say about themselves.

My reason for this post though is not to educate on them beyond the fact they are not in any way "Secular" and Clapper not knowing that means he is an incompetent Boob.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

Please don't derail my thread with this nonsense. If you want to spread propaganda for whatever reasons you have, start another thread. We get it, you post the same stuff day after day after day. Let me see if I have it right here.

You hate America and Capitalism.
You approve of the activities by radicals against the US.
You hate the Jews.

I think that is off topic here, don't you?

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by JohhnyBGood

I think you need to do some homework. The Muslim Brotherhood does not deny their goal. In fact you are arguing with what they say about themselves.

My reason for this post though is not to educate on them beyond the fact they are not in any way "Secular" and Clapper not knowing that means he is an incompetent Boob.

I think he was being sarcastic in that remark.
edit on 10-2-2011 by Mr Tranny because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Tranny

If so, my apologies.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Muslim Brotherhood secular?

Combination of words does not compute...

If you created a secular group it would probably be called "The Brotherhood" not "The Muslim Brotherhood"

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

No, the Muslims have complete control over the Oil flow which makes your logic fail.

Without an energy source, money is worthless.

edit on 10-2-2011 by Steam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

This Administration never seems to have it's act together. The Director of National Intelligence making a statement like this seems to be the rule rather than the exception.

How could a man in this position NOT be fully aware of the Muslim Brotherhood and it's history? Does not make me sleep well at night knowing these people are in charge.

His words "The term 'Muslim Brotherhood' ... is an umbrella term for a variety of movements, in the case of Egypt, a very heterogeneous group, largely secular, which has eschewed violence and has decried Al Qaeda as a perversion of Islam", indicate a man totally out of touch with the world to me.

www.foxnews.com

He's not out of touch. He is just Officer Barbrady.

"Nothing to see here folks. Move along."

The status quo is to try to keep the sheep calm during the storm. That is all that was. Apparently someone else wants to stoke the "terror alert" flame instead. Problably Big Sis getting involved. They have the big vote on The Patriot Act tomorrow, afterall. Why not control the last leg of todays news cycle with some added fear.
edit on 10-2-2011 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Why am I not suprised to see this defense coming from the White House?

It seems that the Muslim Brotherhood is busy these days with fingers everywhere, attempting to rewrite history about themselves.

Go to the George Soros/Zbigniew Brzezinski Crisis Groups Website and you will see that the Egyptian clashes have hit surprisingly close to home for them. That's because none other than their own Mohamed ElBaradei, sitting on their board of trustees, is the self-proclaimed leader of the unrest unfolding across the streets of Cairo. The International Crisis Group's recent condemnation of ElBaradei's detention and admission of his membership amongst "the Group" is accompanied by calls for the government to stop using violence against the protesters.
www.activistpost.com...

Yes so they have big pockets, hands in the political pie as they scurry about whitewashing ...They are scouring their website to erase radical Islam and present a "fresh face".

Despite getting trounced in the most recent election, the Muslim Brotherhood’s Web geeks are transforming Egypt’s Islamist group from a shadowy organization with power bases in mosques and charities into a media-savvy machine.

www.thedailybeast.com...

The Brotherhood is not necessarily non violent.

The Society of the Muslim Brothers (often simply الإخوان Al-Ikhwān, The Brotherhood or MB) is an Islamist transnational movement and the largest political opposition organization in many Arab states.[1] The group is the world's oldest and largest Islamic political group,[1] and the "world's most influential Islamist movement."[2] It was founded in 1928 in Egypt by the Islamic scholar and Sufi schoolteacher Hassan al-Banna.

The Brotherhood's stated goal is to instill the Qur'an and Sunnah as the "sole reference point for ... ordering the life of the Muslim family, individual, community ... and state".[3] Since its inception in 1928 the movement has officially opposed violent means to achieve its goals,[4][5] with some exceptions such as in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict or to overthrow secular Ba'athist rule in Syria (see Hama massacre). This position has been questioned, particularly by the Egyptian government, which accused the group of a campaign of killings in Egypt after World War II.
en.wikipedia.org...

Ironic...

The Muslim Brotherhood murdered Mubarak's predecessor Egyptian President Anwar Sadat.

“the Muslim Brotherhood is an international Islamic organization dedicated to the imposition of Sharia (strict Islamic law), by violent or peaceful means, throughout the world. It was founded in Egypt in 1928 as a reaction to the abolition of the caliphate by the secular Turks in 1924, in order to reassert the political and supremacist elements of Islam.”

Apparently, in the United States of America, Mohamed Akram wrote in, ‘An Explanatory Memorandum on the General Strategic Goal for the Brotherhood in North America,’ on May 19, 1991, that the Muslim Brotherhood “must understand that their work in America is a kind of grand Jihad in eliminating and destroying the Western civilization from within an ‘sabotaging’ its miserable house by their hands and the hands of the believers so that it is eliminated and God’s religion is made victorious over all other religions.”

Dallas

new topics

top topics

join