It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My daughter says she saw Bigfoot

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Truthwerx

It would be hard to get up to the area where she saw it, but I'm sure it could be inspected with binoculars and zoomed in pics. I'll be sure to look for that when I go to take pics of the place. Good idea!!!

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

You do know there are many reports of a Kentucky Bigfoot? www.kentuckybigfoot.com... www.kentuckybigfoot.com... Have your daughter submit her sighting!
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Hey, thanks for that! I had no idea there was a site dedicated to Bigfoot sightings in Kentucky! I'll tell her to write it down and I'll submit it for her. That'll be another way to make sure her story matches what she said originally! Now, I'm off to have a look at that site!

I just checked and there have already been two sightings reported in my county. I had no idea!
edit on 2/10/2011 by gemineye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

Here's the thing I see in all of this is.. At twelve yrs old, she has heard of big foot. Kids do a wide range of things
while their growing up. She could have noticed someone at school wth a story about bigfoot. she may not be lacking in attention you give her at all. However she may have liked THE KIND of attention she saw someone getting. From having a story like this. I have a question for you though Mam. If I may?
I was wondering if you would really consider a kids made up story a lie? I'm sure you know what I mean, as there are some kids who make up stories all the time. I don't think even if she isn't telling the truth, that shes
neccessarily lying. I don't think you do either. Tell you what, if it really interests you. You need to get someone ,you feel safe with and go look for some pulled up trees. Just for your own knowledge. Then in six years or so you can let her know about it then. When the conversation is right. Either way though You'd be better off not bringing it up again.Not til a good amount of time has passed.

Oh and if you really want to know the truth? You are going to have to physically go up there and look around.

Binoculars won't do because just looking for fallen trees won't do. If he's( Bigfoot ) strong enough to pull 'em up out of the ground. Then he's prolly dragged them off too. Either forget it. Or get you're butt up there and look at the ground. You must be thorough or you still won't know. Or worse you could be wrong.

edit on 10-2-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I am absolutely certain that I have heard of bigfoots/bigfeet pulling up trees. It seems that they pull them up and turn them upside-down and jam them back into the ground to mark their territory. I've seen photos somewhere, where someone was pointing out the result. It just seemed so odd that I remember being jarred by it.

Obviously I don't remember where I saw that; otherwise I'd point out the site. But, yeah: That was my first thought when you said she saw it pulling up trees--that it had to be the truth.

Just sayin'....

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
it's just common sense that get us close to detective ability....it's in the details she can tell.....any detail will confirm the accountability....any little quirk she saw and can relate....especially how it made her feel....
i had a similiar experience with one....he threw a 350 pound boulder down a scree field and it went 300 yards down the hill....it hit two tress....one at 150 yards...it was a big tree judging from the knock sound...then another tree down further....the trees in washington state are humogous....the scree field was at a 45 degree angle...it took 9 seconds for the boulder to go quiet....i was thinking it was a bulldozer going down the hill.....all this after i had been bear calling with a rabbit mouth-blown call for 45 minutes, left for 40 minutes and was returning....( a good trick for predators)....see how the details are particular and describe all the angles i was experiencing.
i believe her , he wanted the smaller trees on the edge area, where they are easier to pull on a slope
edit on 10-2-2011 by GBP/JPY because: sp

edit on 10-2-2011 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Thank you so much for sharing this story. Bigfoot stories always drag me in, no matter how hard I resist...

The location is peculiar to me, because you would think others would have seen something and reported it, or there would have been some strange placement of uprooted trees at the Rite Aid. All in all though, I believe that your daughter saw something, maybe not Kentucky Sasquatch, but the story sounds believable enough, and no one knows their own kid better.

SnF

Remember
YouDidntSeeMe

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Can I ask how old your daughter is?

If she's a teenager, no teenage would ever feel "cool" talking about bigfoot unless it REALLY happened. Just my two cents.

And if she isn't, I would still suspect that she saw something. Details like "pulling up trees" don't manifest themselves in children unless they've seen something like that before.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Here's the thing I see in all of this is.. At twelve yrs old, she has heard of big foot. Kids do a wide range of things while their growing up. She could have noticed someone at school wth a story about bigfoot. she may not be lacking in attention you give her at all. However she may have liked THE KIND of attention she saw someone getting. From having a story like this. I have a question for you though Mam. If I may? I was wondering if you would really consider a kids made up story a lie? I'm sure you know what I mean, as there are some kids who make up stories all the time. I don't think even if she isn't telling the truth, that shes neccessarily lying. I don't think you do either. Tell you what, if it really interests you. You need to get someone ,you feel safe with and go look for some pulled up trees. Just for your own knowledge. Then in six years or so you can let her know about it then. When the conversation is right. Either way though You'd be better off not bringing it up again.Not til a good amount of time has passed. Oh and if you really want to know the truth? You are going to have to physically go up there and look around. Binoculars won't do because just looking for fallen trees won't do. If he's( Bigfoot ) strong enough to pull 'em up out of the ground. Then he's prolly dragged them off too. Either forget it. Or get you're butt up there and look at the ground. You must be thorough or you still won't know. Or worse you could be wrong. edit on 10-2-2011 by ra
reply to post by randyvs

Hmmmm. You ask good questions, lol.
I have always been interested in cryptozoology and she knows it. My personal fave is the chupacabra, but that's beside the point, lol. But yeah, I can see where she would have liked the attention that she got from telling me that because it shocked me! She knows I'm into such things. And it is possible that she picked up the info at school. It was just so random when she came out with it today. We hadn't been talking about anything even slightly related to Bigfoot. She just brought it up when we passed that one spot. Now, would I consider a made up story a lie? That's a tough one. On here, we call them hoaxers, lol. But even if she did make it up, I have to give her an A for creativity, lol! I suppose it's different when children make up stories than when full grown adults come on here and tell all kinds of crazy stuff, only to be debunked, so I guess it's really not the same.

And wow... I need to find some rock climbing friends, ha ha! Getting to that area would be EXTREMELY difficult, being that it's right on the edge of a cliff that is a sheer drop, but there may be a way to get into it from behind. It's honestly something that I would love to do! The only thing that scares me is that around these parts, people get shot for trespassing, LOL! I'm more scared of the rednecks than bigfoot, ha ha! But I'll still do as much as I possibly can. If she has a snow day tomorrow, I'll get her to go with me to show me EXACTLY where she spotted it and then hopefully later on, I can get someone who can actually help me get access to the place. I'll be sure to post anything I find out.

To the other posters who comments after randyvs, I'll get back to you tomorrow. It's midnight and I can barely hold my eyes open, lol.

Good night, all!

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I found an account from Australia's version of Bigfoot, the Yowie which is quite possibly the most famous sighting over here. The witness was a schoolboy at the time, but went on to become a Senator.

November 7, 1977
BILL O'Chee can remember it like it was yesterday. It was the day the former Queensland National Party senator came face to face with a creature straight out of a nightmare.

A young O'Chee was with a group of 20 fellow TSS students returning from a two-day camp near Springbrook when they saw what they described as a 3m tall hair-covered creature.

To this day, Mr O'Chee is certain what he saw was the mythical yowie.

He told The Gold Coast Bulletin on November 17, 1977 that the animal approached the boys' camp on several occasions, at one stage coming within 10m of their cabins.

"About 20 of us saw it," he said then.

"It was about 3m tall, covered in hair, had a flat face and walked to the side in a crab-like style.

"It smashed small saplings and trees like matchsticks as it careered through the bush, we spotted it several times and once watched it through binoculars. It definitely was there.

"We first saw it just before we returned back to Southport on the afternoon of October 23."

Contacted this week, Mr O'Chee was happy to confirm the story and said his memory of what he saw was as clear to him today as it was 27 years ago.

"I still remember it, I can still see the damn thing," he said.

"The majority of my school chums still remember it, it was such an amazing experience.

"It was a big thing, about 8ft tall through the binoculars, it moved in a crab-like fashion.

"We saw where it had been lying on the grbutt and the impression it left was about 8ft long.

"That night it just ripped up whole shrubs between the creek and where our camp was, right out of the ground, - roots and all. A bloke can't do that, it was quite incredible."

Mr O'Chee said his experience had left him with the certainty that yowies do exist.

"I do believe it. Nothing that has happened since has made me believe otherwise, all I can say is that it did exist when I saw it," he said.

"Stranger things have happened. In the last couple of years they have discovered animals in the South-East Asian jungle that are new that survived the Vietnam War. And Australia has a history of supporting large fauna.

"I know the school (TSS) never went back there (Springbrook).

"Some of us got into trouble for mentioning it but I'm not sorry because it's true.

"I hope it's still out there and if they are we would be wise to just leave them well alone."

Mr O'Chee's sighting is the most famous of reported incidents involving yowies, but there have been thousands of cases around the country of alleged contact with the famed mythical beast.

Source: www.yowiehunters.com.au...

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

And wow... I need to find some rock climbing friends, ha ha! Getting to that area would be EXTREMELY difficult, being that it's right on the edge of a cliff that is a sheer drop, but there may be a way to get into it from behind. It's honestly something that I would love to do! The only thing that scares me is that around these parts, people get shot for trespassing, LOL! I'm more scared of the rednecks than bigfoot, ha ha! But I'll still do as much as I possibly can. If she has a snow day tomorrow, I'll get her to go with me to show me EXACTLY where she spotted it and then hopefully later on, I can get someone who can actually help me get access to the place. I'll be sure to post anything I find out.

Please, no matter what you do. Don't get yourself hurt over this? Stay safe. Good hunting.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

I am absolutely certain that I have heard of bigfoots/bigfeet pulling up trees. It seems that they pull them up and turn them upside-down and jam them back into the ground to mark their territory. I've seen photos somewhere, where someone was pointing out the result. It just seemed so odd that I remember being jarred by it. Obviously I don't remember where I saw that; otherwise I'd point out the site. But, yeah: That was my first thought when you said she saw it pulling up trees--that it had to be the truth. Just sayin'....
reply to post by Ex_CT2

Hey, thanks for that! I'm going to see if I can find out if she saw it doing anything like putting them back in the ground upside down, without actually suggesting it to her. Not sure how I'm going to do that, but I'll see. I'm also going to see if I can get her to write the whole thing down, and maybe even draw a pic. If so, I'll post the story and the pic.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Can I ask how old your daughter is? If she's a teenager, no teenage would ever feel "cool" talking about bigfoot unless it REALLY happened. Just my two cents. And if she isn't, I would still suspect that she saw something. Details like "pulling up trees" don't manifest themselves in children unless they've seen something like that before.
reply to post by Malzypants

Sure, she's 12 and will be 13 in a few months.

I thought the pulling up trees thing was odd too. She sounded really confused as to what she had seen. She didn't know what to call it. She just said it was a really really big animal.

There are a few people on Topix.com who have reported seeing things in our area, but that site is so whack that I never know what to believe. Most of the people on there from my area are just on there to cause trouble or to mess with people, lol.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by heffo7

Wow! That's a VERY interesting story!!! It really does make me tend to believe her more! I had never heard of such a thing happening myself... not before this anyway, and I've really done a lot of research on Bigfoot sightings. I've read of bad smells, odd noises, rock throwing, tree knocking, etc., but never pulling up trees.

I can't wait to get her to write down everything, lol!

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Thank you so much for sharing this story. Bigfoot stories always drag me in, no matter how hard I resist... The location is peculiar to me, because you would think others would have seen something and reported it, or there would have been some strange placement of uprooted trees at the Rite Aid. All in all though, I believe that your daughter saw something, maybe not Kentucky Sasquatch, but the story sounds believable enough, and no one knows their own kid better.
reply to post by youdidntseeme

I agree that the location is peculiar... that was probably THEE single most unbelievable part of her story. The fact that she was on the bus, on her way home, means that there were many other buses and lots of other traffic at the time also. It's probably the busiest part of the day, traffic-wise.

If someone else had seen it, it wouldn't have surprised me for them to not report it. People around here just don't talk about such things because someone would call them crazy before they even got the story out of their mouth! Most people tend to believe in the normal day-to-day stuff and nothing beyond that.

I think she did see SOMETHING also... I'm just not sure what. I'm going to ask her to draw a pic though. Maybe that'll help somewhat.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

I am absolutely certain that I have heard of bigfoots/bigfeet pulling up trees. It seems that they pull them up and turn them upside-down and jam them back into the ground to mark their territory.

Okay, well this makes pretty good sense in coordination with:

Witness Observation: We were pulling a well in a remote wooded area. Being the only female on the crew I had to find a tree to use the bathroom so I did.....When we returned the next day we noticed where I had went to the tree. It was torn up...like something tried to take it out.

It sounds to me like the bigfoot may be engaging in some relatively primitive territorial behaviors here. Although I'm a biologist now, my degree is in Zoology and I know a fair amount about animal behavior, particularly those having to do with mating and territory. Perhaps the bigfoot takes special offense at what they interpret as territorial markings by a human, taking extra care to UPROOT and dominate the "marking". For all we know, there may have been some campers up on that cliff who had previously chosen to use those trees for their urinal thus invoking the tree-pulling behavior from the bigfoot.

It's a scientific explanation for the unusual and unproven behaviors of an unscientific (but fascinating) creature.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

oops, 2x post (sorry!)
edit on 11-2-2011 by FlyCasual because: Double Post

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
A few years ago I went driving up in the mountains with my sister. It was during a winter month. I just wanted to see the snow. We went up high. We came to a spot and I had to turn aorund because there was just too much snow I was actually afraid we wouldn't be able to get down (we had no chains, I know I know, I was dumb). I stopped the car to look around the place because there was a small shed in hte distance with a radio tower (we were on the summit of a hill). I went on the side of the road in the bushes to check the snow depth. This is when I saw footprints. Now, they were long footprints. Like maybe 13 inches at least. They were about 6 inches wide. Thing is, they could have been normal footprints that slowly melted and just looked bigger. But, the funny thing is, thye were about 5 feet APART. Unless someone was running how could they do this? Maybe they faked it. Another strange thing is the fooprints seemed to go noewhere. It was bizarre. They WERE footprints.

I actually got spooked by it when I was up there. Just weird. I live in the PNW.

People say it can't be possible, but forests are bigger than you imagine and even though we don't have a body we have lots of witnesses. Witnesses aren't proof, but they indicate something. Like we had this event a few years ago about. A psychologist (i can't recal) was out with his family near some caves and came upon an apeman creature. The story is unbelievable. Indians tell stories of this.

It makes you wonder... does that seem crazy?
edit on 11-2-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
YOu might want to rename this thread... I THINK MY DAUGHTER SAW BIGFOOT

Originally posted by gemineye Here's how the conversation went:

Daughter: I remember one day, I saw a big, black animal up there that was pulling up trees.

Me: Huh???

Daughter: Yeah, it was jet black and it was pulling up trees and throwing them down.

Me: What did it look like?

Daughter: It was black and it was really really tall...

Me: Did it have fur? Was it a person?

TO be honest your asking leading questions..... Instead of asking her Did it have fur? Was it a person you should of just got her to describe it...

Me: Sooo, did it look like a person?

Here your almost willing her to say it did look like a person

Me: HOW could you see something like this and forget to to tell me???

Here your making her believe it was really important therefore she will want to please you and provide you with further information....

Me: Did it look like Bigfoot?

Daughter: Yeah, kinda.

Your really putting words in her mouth here.... She didn't say she saw a human covered in fur pulling up trees but your line of questioning has led her to describe what you wanted her to describe.

Me: HOW could you fricken see Bigfoot and not TELL ME???

Now your making her believe she's seen bigfoot, not only that but your also tainting anything else she tells you because in order to please you she might tweek her story to suit your needs....

If someone ever describes something to you try not to ask 'leading questions' just get their story as they see it that way you wont taint the description...
edit on 12-2-2011 by Versa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

Has she ever seen "Harry and the Henderson's?"

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Versa

Exactly what I was gonna say. I have no doubt your daughter may have seen something but the one thing people do is accidentally blurt things out to lead a type of questioning as you did. No fault of your own, you weren't to know but now anything your daughter now says about it may have been slightly tarnished as she'll have Bigfoot on the brain now.

Keep your eyes peeled though in that area next time you drive past, just in case. Thanks for sharing.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join