It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extra Terrestrials replied to SETI's 1974 Message through Crop formations?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

On Tuesday 21st August 2001 two new crop formations were reported near Chilbolton radio telescope in Hampshire, UK. Both were very impressive looking and consisted of a large number of small 'pixels', which when viewed from the air formed a recognisable shape - unlike many other crop formations. One represented a 'human face' and the other resembled a radio transmission that SETI (the Search for Extra-Terrestrial Intelligence) sent from the Arecibo radio telescope in 1974. This latter formation will be examined in this article, in which I hope to not only describe and explain the original transmission, but also to examine and decode a number of significant changes occurring in the crop formation.

Decoding from the crop formation, this additional element has an atomic number of 14 = Silicon. Moving down, the next change is an obvious one - consisting of an extra strand on the left side of the DNA double-helix. Another, less obvious, change is in the binary coding of the number of nucleotides in DNA itself (in the center). If you look in the diagram above, I've highlighted the changes more accurately on the right, by using red squares and outlines to indicate which 'digits' have been changed in the crop formation.

Source

Its a long read and It is also a blog but regardless it is well presented and an interesting read!

Mod Edit: External Source Tags Instructions – Please Review This Link.
Mod Note: Starting A New Thread – Please Review Link

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sites, please post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, and your opinion on the information as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.
edit on 10/2/2011 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
This is pretty old news. You should search before posting, but since I have a firm and deep knowledge of crop circles, I gave you a star for re-circulating valid news.

I think you'd be interested in these as well:

www.cropcircleconnector.com...

www.cropcircleconnector.com...

www.crystalinks.com...

The one you mentioned is just the tip of the iceberg.

Enjoy!

~Namaste

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
there's a few things wrong with that article. it says they used binary code because we cannot use human measures to communicate with extra terrestrials because they would not understand it.

but isn't binary code an example of human measurement since it was created by humans. how would an alien know what 0 and 1 mean since they are human symbols used to represent nothing and a single unit. in this case it's even more complicated since binary moves in units of 2. so 0 actually means 2 and 01 means four etc.

who knows, the symbol 0 may mean f-ck and the symbol 1 may mean off in their language. we could be telling alien civilizations to repeatedly to f-ck off over and over again.

this all messed up. just send ordered pulses, like morse code. anyone remotely intelligent would be able to tell their not random.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

Binary code is much more than just a one and a zero. In fact it is basically the same as a morse code (as you stated) or any code that consists of binary units, hence the name. It has been descibed as on/off, presence/absence, any code in two units, the list is endless.

I think it is feasible, moreso actually, that any ET race would be able to decipher an absence/presence code, a light/dark code, and yes even a 0-1 code. The name binary and the arabic numerals we assign to it are human, you are correct in that, but the meaning is more than just human assignment.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
A little detail I noticed back in 2001. That Chilbolton crop circle if it was an actual reply to the Arecibo then you have to ask this "Which transmission of the signal were they responding to?"

You see it was transmitted more than once.

See the link. Communication with Extraterrestrial Intelligence

The important detail.

The Cosmic Call messages consisted of a few digital sections - "Rosetta Stone", copy of Arecibo Message, Bilingual Image Glossary, the Braastad message, as well as text, audio, video and other image files submitted for transmission by everyday people around the world.

The Arecibo message was sent at least 3 times. And the interesting detail about the 1999 transmission? While it was broadcasting several planets and the moon would have been visible from the dish. Their billion watt signal probably would have been noticeable to any aliens out there in the local neighborhood.

Thought you would want to know.

edit on 10-2-2011 by ntech because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

very well said and very true. binary code would be in fact one of the most simple ways for communication.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

Thank you so much for posting the links. I really enjoyed them. Quite a lot of information, but worth the time to read them

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I recently read that crop circles are not for us but for the earth herself.

They are symbols.

Peace

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

Why would advanced beings draw pictures??

Surely they could phone, email,text or even twitter...
Maybe do it the old fashion way and land and shake hands..

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

there was a documentary awhile ago on the rendlesham ufo sighting, i believe, when one of the guys was talking about a telepathic message he had received from the ufo...the message was in binary code, and when decoded decades later, proved to be referring to extraterrestrials...considering the prevalence of stories about us humans reverse-engineering much of our present day technology from ufo discoveries, i wonder whether it would not be prudent to ask whether humans DID NOT invent binary code, but rather that it is alien in origin? there is no proof of course, but i think it is an interesting question to consider..

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I think it is very difficult for any rational thinking person to believe that aliens would answer a SETI message by coming here and stamping the answer in some weeds. But hey, stranger things have been know to happen, right....o.k., maybe not.

But to bend space time, travel multi-dimensional, whatever....only to come here and make some pretty pictures that can very easily be man-made is really a far reach for any reasonable person to swallow. I believe, it they were trying to contact us and could come to this planet in a form that could stamp down crops, they would use their power to communicate in a fashion that any rational, reasonable person would not doubt. Instead, they stomp weeds.....I dunno guys, sounds a little hard to swallow from where I'm sitting.....

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ziggyproductions05
very well said and very true. binary code would be in fact one of the most simple ways for communication.

Fine so you convert a message to binary code... send it out...

How do they translate that at the other end?

When they sent the recent message to Gliese581 they collected a lot of messages from people One that was picked was "Hi please don't eat us"

I kid you not

www.hellofromearth.net...

edit on 11-2-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-2-2011 by zorgon because: Classified

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   

well..binary code is mathematical by it's nature..1 and 0 also represent on and off..a combination of 1s and 0s represents alphabetical symbols too..we would never know if their combination of 1 and 0 represent the same for us..but the closest of having a universal "common" language would be the safest assumption to say is binary...

well..we can also assume that it is hexadecimal or analogues. i guess for this 2 formats, one has a combination of alphanumeric while the latter, ermmm...analog could be easy..but as easy as they sound..they could send us lights..or just AM or FM wave..but it did not happen..

assuming that data is transmitted digitally, i guess it is safe to assume that the foundation of datas communicated is in 1s and 0s...look at games we played on pc/xbox or ps3 now...the foundation to it is still either binary or hexadecimal..

just my 2 cents though

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
It would make more sense to send images of your civilization.

I would think images could easily be deciphered and shown.

I agree that binary probably isn't the best universal language.

But.. i'm sure aliens know the value of Pi and understand mathematics, no?

With all of hte exoplanets they're finding we're bound to find a signal eventually...

If not, then we have to explain how we're alone. That's EXPLOSIVE. How would we explain that?

Could we be a universe where life is so rare that it's uncommon for there to be more than 1 civilization in a galaxy? This still allows for many civilizations, but they're so far apart they'll never see eachother. Perhaps they could communicate by changing black holes or stars to emit non-natural signals but it's futile since the galaxies are so distant from one another.

Fermi's Paradox explains this best. There SHOULD be aliens everywhere. There should be signs of ET everywhere we look because there's been more than enough time for ET to inhabit the entire galaxy. Since ET is not seen then the very startling conclusion is that WE ARE ALONE HERE. Time to face the facts, folks! We can't hide in bloated SETI theories or UFO conspiracies to sweep it away.

We have to stop pretending and start preparing and get off this planet before things get messy.

This may be our only chance. We might be the only ones capable of doing this in the whole galaxy.
edit on 11-2-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
reply to post by newsoul

www.circlemakers.org...

What a crap website - is the design hard to navigate, by design?

Still no real clear evidence either = bad source...

This is a great Crop Circle source : www.cropcircleconnector.com...

edit on 11-2-2011 by watchZEITGEISTnow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Great blog about crop circles and info about Lucy Pringle who has been investigating crop circles for years. Heres the link. cropcircles1.blogspot.com...

Kind Regards
Micky

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

LOL! that was pretty funny. As far as how they would be able to translate binary code, im just basing it off of the aliens supposed superiority. I have no facts to base it off of obviously.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggyproductions05
LOL! that was pretty funny. As far as how they would be able to translate binary code, im just basing it off of the aliens supposed superiority. I have no facts to base it off of obviously.

They could understand binary code no problem... and it would at least show the signal came froma slightly intelligent species.

But translating our language into a binary code (which one, English? ) then expecting them to have a binary to English dictionary that also translates to Pleadian is a stretch...

Now the message Carl Sagan sent ...

At least has visual clues, though I find it VERY telling that he chose Blond White Aryans as representative of humans

Fortunately those are just now reaching the Heliosphere and we will likely be extinct before anyone sees them

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Also consider distance VS light speed...

Many forget that radio also travels at the speed of light.. so any message we send will take 4.5 years to reach even the closets star

Here are the stars withing 50 light years of Earth. Save Gliese 581, there are few with planets around so far

www.atlasoftheuniverse.com...

The signal we did send to Gliese 581 will take 19years 10days 23hours 45minutes 48seconds to get there

Gliese 581 System compared to ours

edit on 11-2-2011 by zorgon because: Chadwickus talked to ArMaP to convince Phage to do it, even though Aliens abducted him

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join