It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Supporters Walk Out of Rumsfeld Tribute

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
LOL

Money:

A steady stream of Texas Rep. Ron Paul's supporters walked out of a planned tribute for Donald Rumsfeld at CPAC Thursday afternoon. The walk-out had been planned ahead of time in part by Campaign for Liberty organizers and it seemed to be supported by more than 100 CPAC attendees.

The former defense secretary was also booed when took to the stage. There seemed to be a back-and-forth between Paul supporters and other CPAC attendees trying to drown each other out while Rumsfeld watched.

Former Vice President Dick Cheney then took the stage, but the heckling did not stop in what was an amazing display of friction. Someone in the crowd yelled to Cheney above the din "draft dodger." Nonetheless, the crowd is overwhelmingly warm to Rumsfeld, who eventually took his place in the presentation.

hahhahhaha

Screw that douche bag.

Rumsfeld needs to be tried for war crimes.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

I am just suprised that it happened in Texas!
Second

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
booom

"CHENEY YOU'RE A WAR CRIMINAL!!!!"

hahahahahha

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I couldn't find the vid of the Paul supporters walking out but you can find this part where Cheney is called a "war criminal" at the presentation by a few who stayed behind. The brainwashed masses at Cpac shouted that down with a chant of USA, USA! which sounds like Baa, baa! to me.

This reporter from RT sums it up pretty well:

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Ahh, a good laugh..
But notice more and more people are waking up..

Politicians are getting nervous and so they should..

s&f

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

Ahh, a good laugh..
But notice more and more people are waking up..

Politicians are getting nervous and so they should..

s&f

Tough to plan an exit strategy when international travel is being closed to you.
'Bout time.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

S + F.

And guess who was there to support his fellow criminal, none other than Darth Vader himself.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Awesome that they walked out. Would have been better if they hadn't shown up at all. Gotta get that TV time though.
&
if that's possible

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
The way things are going Obama won't be able to leave the country after his term is up either as he's continuing to commit war crimes today.............or do the charges on apply to republicans?
edit on 10-2-2011 by adifferentbreed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

S&F,

Good, I am glad people are waking up and letting the "political class" know it.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Republicans tired of the Fascist rulers of the party.. the Repub party has been trying with all their might to pretend the party is not fractured but it is. Even in the elected officials, party leaders are finding it hard to control the Tea Party Caucus which just this week sided with most Democrats against the Patriot Act provisions. (many dems still voted for it)

I'm interested to see the effects the movement will have on the Republican primaries.. no one of good quality is planning on running next year because the likelihood of beating Obama is very slim .. he has to much fanaticism to loose.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

These two guys represent the long arm of the military industrialized complex and they accept being called war criminals like it was a badge of honor. They deserve no less than the same treatment donned out to Saddam.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

Nope, it applies to all of them. Its called the 2 party, 1 party system.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Wow. That was great. You know when the crowd starts USA USA that means some of the crowd are saying something deemed unfit for public consumption. Did you see that look between Cheney, and the fellow behind him. You could see the fear and discomfort in the other man's eyes. It would have been unthinkable a few years ago for a heckler to call Cheney a war criminal at CPAC!!

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Oh please, Paulers decide to do a walk out because Rumsfeld is a warmongering neoconservative? They seemed to have no issue attending the numerous CPAC meetings years before where we saw plenty of other pro-war and neocons speak and make headliners. Now it's convenient? Is Ron Paul making a run for president or senator again? Which one?

Not that I do not like the fact people are standing up to individuals like Rumsfeld, but it seems that certain groups only tend to do it when it gets them something back. This case its attention for Ron Paul supporters as usual.
edit on 10-2-2011 by Southern Guardian because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
reply to post by adifferentbreed

Nope, it applies to all of them. Its called the 2 party, 1 party system.

It's both parties, but according to that picture I only see the Obama administration. What message are you sending here? And yes, I do believe both parties are behind the wars and behind such policies as the patriot act, but it seems voters are more than happy to continue to play to either.

Me personally? I'm done with the Democratic party as a whole. I believe there are some Democrats and even some Republicans making a stand, but the two parties as a collective do not seem represent what this country needs. Maybe I assumed things would change and representitives would come to their senses, would make a stand and admit they were wrong, but nothing appears to be changing. We desperately need a movement of alternative parties...

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

I'm not sure what your beef is, but it has been clear since the earliest days of the Ron Paul campaign that libertarians do not support Rumsfeld.

Libertarians have never supported interventionist foreign policy or wars of aggression.

I'm not sure where you are getting your news from but you should consider looking somewhere else.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere

S + F.

And guess who was there to support his fellow criminal, none other than Darth Vader himself.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Star for the video, that had me laughing uncontrollably. Nazgul ringwraith AHAHAH classic. I think AJ is a nut, but one hilarious nut he is LOL. Have to agree with him on cheny though.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1
reply to post by Southern Guardian

I'm not sure what your beef is, but it has been clear since the earliest days of the Ron Paul campaign that libertarians do not support Rumsfeld.

Libertarians have never supported interventionist foreign policy or wars of aggression.

My issue mnemeth is that this is not just about Rumsfeld. He is not the only person who should be held accountable for many of the policies pushed through over the years. Bachmann, Glen Beck along with many other CPAC speakers and headliners, they were all well behind the actions Rumsfeld carried out along with many Democrats. So why do Ron Paulers continue to attend CPAC? A political coalition that had backed individuals like Rumsfeld time and time again?

If Paulers want to make a stand, that's fine, but singling out Rumsfeld is not convincing enough to me. Rand Pauls stand again the patriot act is a movement in the right direction, but if Paulers want to truly seperate themselves from neoconservatives, they would not continue to attend and stand side by side with individuals, politicians, who hold absolutely no accountablility for themselves over their actions in the past.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
So why do Ron Paulers continue to attend CPAC? A political coalition that had backed individuals like Rumsfeld time and time again?

Because legislation makes it next to impossible for a third party to compete against the republican or democratic parties, so the only viable way to win is by staging a coup of the party?

What do you expect them to do?

Go sulk in a corner?

edit on 10-2-2011 by mnemeth1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join