It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sen. Rand Paul Opposes PATRIOT Act Renewal

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProphetEzekiel
reply to post by mnemeth1

Good video!

He has a solid point; yet I disagree.

The PATRIOT Act should be renewed.

Why?

Here is my reasoning;
1; the Patriot Act was created following 9/11 to stop terrorism in the United States.
2; there have been no terrorist acts in America since it was enacted.

What's my point?

My point is;
1; if the Patriot Act is renewed, we can hold the government accountable for any terrorist activities;
the people: "why didn't the government tell us of this attack; they have been monitoring the people for years!"
2; if the Patriot Act is not renewed, the government can avoid the blame for any terrorist attacks;
the government; "the American people didn't want the Patriot Act, we tried to protect you, you wanted your Freedom more than your Life. it is regrettable, but it is not the fault of the government, it is the fault of the people."

renewed; we are safe from the Evil of our government.

I strongly disagree:
You seem to have no concept the evil the govt is already committing by disregarding the constituition under Bush's 2001 power grab.The govt. has taken the idea it can do any damn thing it wants to in broad daylight anymore.( ask napolitano).just by telling folks"it'll keep you"saaaaaafe.". Any acquiescence ( rolling over without dissent) just encourages them.

No: living in a free society has its risks. I for one am and have always been prepared to accept those risks. So I may live my life as I see fit.

The people should not have to placate the govt by allowing them complete control just "So they won't physically attack us" ( false flag") . That is a mafia technique called "strong arm extortion" it is already illegal. The people should expect better than " please daddy don't hit me" from "their" government.

not renewed; we are open to harm done by the government. ["false-flag" operations.]

It is not the Patriot Act that is the problem, it is the government, the system.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

Govt is not the problem here as they are doing the bidding of TPTB under threat of ecomonic collapse and financial instability.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
reply to post by 46ACE

Govt is not the problem here as they are doing the bidding of TPTB under threat of ecomonic collapse and financial instability.

Okay we can blame invisible forces; but the guys collecting your e-mails for no reason have govt badges and "authority"or at least a contract . Some"body" is at the tip of the spear.
The"patriot act was supposedly a direct result of 911 ( though I believe it was written previously);and passed with little to no debate or time to read it.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   

reply to post by mnemeth1

Good video!

He has a solid point; yet I disagree.

The PATRIOT Act should be renewed.

Why?

Here is my reasoning;
1; the Patriot Act was created following 9/11 to stop terrorism in the United States.
2; there have been no terrorist acts in America since it was enacted.

What's my point?

My point is;
1; if the Patriot Act is renewed, we can hold the government accountable for any terrorist activities;
the people: "why didn't the government tell us of this attack; they have been monitoring the people for years!"
2; if the Patriot Act is not renewed, the government can avoid the blame for any terrorist attacks;
the government; "the American people didn't want the Patriot Act, we tried to protect you, you wanted your Freedom more than your Life. it is regrettable, but it is not the fault of the government, it is the fault of the people."

renewed; we are safe from the Evil of our government.
not renewed; we are open to harm done by the government. ["false-flag" operations.]

It is not the Patriot Act that is the problem, it is the government, the system.

1) Read my signature.
2) They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. --Benjamin Franklin

Thinking that giving up our liberties and freedom so we can hold the government "accountable" is truly sad. I weep for you, my friend, if you really believe what you said.

/TOA

top topics

<< 1   >>

join