It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Saudis Warned Obama Not to Humiliate' Mubarak

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Saudi minister says King in 'excellent health'

The Times of London reported on Thursday that in a "testy, personal" telephone call with Obama on January 29, the king had threatened to bankroll the Egyptian regime if the United States withdrew its aid..

edit on 11-2-2011 by Dumbass because: wrong quote and changged post to which I replied.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

I think this answers the question about a few things. Obama stands behind the people and the Saudi's stand behind Mubarak.

This is just starting folks. Start saving your pennies for Gasoline, we will need them.

I wonder if this threat will be backed up with threats to cut off oil? How badly do the Saudi's want to gain some control over Egypt?

This is scary stuff.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

I agree with you on the point that Obama will back the Egyptian people etc ....
But, as far as control of oil. That in itself is a touchy subject. If the middle east wants to starve the world of oil for whatever reason, it would surely not go over well ... at all.

The country I live in sits on one of the biggest oil reserves on the planet. We could easily cut off the middle east and put forth supplies to other nations. They need to tread lightly over there. My advice, do good business and lets all work together ( probably never happen though )

However, I would like to see a shift towards alternative energy sources to oust all oil usage altogether. This will happen weather we want it to or not. What wil the middle easterners do then ?

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProphetEzekiel
WWIII;

Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Tunisia, Lebanon, Syria, Iraq, Algeria, Somalia, Jordan, Oman, Yeman;

The Pan-Arab world is America's next target.

As Revolution takes hold in these countries, and the Muslim Brotherhood takes power, we will see a "false-flag" operation by America in order to justify the invasion of the Middle East.

This is just the beginning, guys and gals.

I don't see that ever happening. Ever. World war will never happen or be started by America. You may want to take a hard look at Russia, and ask yourself, where are all their nukes that ended up in limbo through the years of the collapse of Russia. Nukes are easy. Making a rocket to deliver the nuke 10,000 miles is hard. Look to see some local nuking go on in the Middle East, but no world war. I think the time has come, things need to get worse before they get better to wake us all up ( mostly governments ).
edit on 11-2-2011 by VI0811 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

reply to post by MikeboydUS

Sorry, a tape of that is what I'm referring too. They were showing it just before I posted that. I did not know when he said it. I would not be surprised or even upset if Obama just shut up and watched.

I'm agree, let them work it out. Hope for a peaceful transition.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Kind of interesting to me is how both Israel and Saudi Arabia are playing tug-of-war with Mubarek, and both are unhappy with Obama.

Both of them are in the position Mubarak has been in with us. They are supporting western business interests even when that is not very popular with their people, (Saudis) or the other people in the region. (Israel) They are watching very closely how Obama handles Mubarak because they could be him someday. How Obama handles Mubarak is going to impact how much they trust the US government.

Being an allie, doesn't mean one supports what they are doing. Its more of doing business and letting them be. Dig more into it please. Although I do think the Egyptian government needs a makeover. It doesn't mean that the past was tainted. They let us be and we let them be.

When Obama says he would like to see a quick transition, he also wants to see a correct transfer of power with candidates and an election, doing it the right way. This message was quite clear and America is not interfering with the issues. America is taking a backseat to this, which all country's should. especially Saudi Arabia, who said. all foreign countries need to stay out of the transition of power. Well, the last time I looked, Saudi Arabia was a separate country to Egypt which would make them a foreign country.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

I think this answers the question about a few things. Obama stands behind the people and the Saudi's stand behind Mubarak.

This is just starting folks. Start saving your pennies for Gasoline, we will need them.

I wonder if this threat will be backed up with threats to cut off oil? How badly do the Saudi's want to gain some control over Egypt?

This is scary stuff.

www.foxnews.com

Sorry but what?

Obama stands behind the people and the Saudi's stand behind Mubarak.

Obama doesn't behind the people dont kid yourself, the American government stands behind Mubarak aswell, who was it again that put Mubarak in power? America and the Saudi kingdoms governments.
edit on 10-2-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

Ok, one more time, the reason we backed Egypt in the past ( as well as many many other nations including many in the middle east itself ) is because Egypt kept the shipping lanes peaceful and moving at the rate of consumer buying. If these shipping lanes fall to major corruption, the whole world suffers.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by NadaCambia
The Muslim Brotherhood are absolutely no chance of getting power.

Considering the unnecessary meetings Obama has had with them in the White House, and considering the push for Elbardi (the Muslim Brotherhood puppet), it 's pretty clear that's who Obama wants. It's also clear that's NOT who the Saudis want. And at this time the Saudis have the upper hand. (good!)

I am not even going to go into this, but seriously people, I can guarantee that the U.S.'s agenda is NOT to back the Muslim brotherhood. Please do your research before automatically implying that a meeting with Obama and the Brotherhood means the U.S. is backing them. The likelihood of that is exactly 0%. Read into it as much as you want. But, its not going to happen.

I am not going to provide a link... Why ? Because this should be basic political knowledge ....

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

This is scary stuff.

www.foxnews.com

Whoever siezes power in whatever country...we are still the oil addict and they are still the oil dealer.

No one...the dealer or the addict wants the flow to stop. Too much money.

When one cartel in mexico wipes out another...drug addicts don't worry about it...and whoever wins the infighting doesn't mess with the money flow.

Temporary instability maybe, but whoever is in power in whatever middle-eastern oil supplier, they will keep the Money/oil flowing.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11

This is scary stuff.

www.foxnews.com

Whoever siezes power in whatever country...we are still the oil addict and they are still the oil dealer.

No one...the dealer or the addict wants the flow to stop. Too much money.

When one cartel in mexico wipes out another...drug addicts don't worry about it...and whoever wins the infighting doesn't mess with the money flow.

Temporary instability maybe, but whoever is in power in whatever middle-eastern oil supplier, they will keep the Money/oil flowing.

Interesting you say that. America is not the only nation in the world that consumes oil. As it sits, the whole of the planet is addicted to oil. If you live in America, then you know that American's sit on the biggest oil reserve on the planet and they have more than one. However, like I said before, I would like to see a shift to alternative energies, they are out there.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by VI0811
Interesting you say that. America is not the only nation in the world that consumes oil. As it sits, the whole of the planet is addicted to oil. If you live in America, then you know that American's sit on the biggest oil reserve on the planet and they have more than one. However, like I said before, I would like to see a shift to alternative energies, they are out there.

I get that...but we are the BIGGEST CONSUMER of oil in the world...and BTW Brazil is positioned to start shipping enormous quntities of oil over the next few years, so there are choices.

Oil consumption by country
www.nationmaster.com...

# 1 United States: 20,680,000 bbl/day 2007
# 3 China: 7,578,000 bbl/day 2007
# 4 Japan: 5,007,000 bbl/day 2007
# 5 Russia: 2,858,000 bbl/day 2007
# 6 India: 2,722,000 bbl/day 2007
# 7 Germany: 2,456,000 bbl/day 2007

All of that said...I too am a huge proponent of alternative energies. The amount of money we spend in "security" plus aid to the middle east is insane and in reality when you add in the amount of our tax dollars that go toward securing that oil..w.e likely are paying something like 10 dollars a gallon..not to mention lives lost.

We...the USA..literally invented the Automobile...we can do it again...we need to, cuz what we are doing now does not work and is only getting worse every day.

My ideal plan is to move toward a place where we can survive off the oil from Brazil and local drilling while simultaneouslly doing an all out scramble to develop alternative energy and fuels. We can't mess around in the middle east any more. Too many lives...too much money and a losing proposition in the end.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

If you live in America, then you know that American's sit on the biggest oil reserve on the planet and they have more than one.

This is hard to validate.

Those who claim this have an agenda...Gov leases to drill...they will make billions whether they actually reduce our dependance on foriegn oil significantly or not. Thus it is an easy political pitch to make...we can survive off the oil we have here!! Just let us have access to those waters and that land!!

Those who deny the claims are idealogical envirornment groups who do not always represent the facts acurately.

It is near impossible to find hard data that is not backed by one or the other...but think about this..

Americans consume about 12 Million Barrels a day...Saudi Arabia produces around 9 million Barrels a day..the US produces around 2 Million Barrels a day...The idea that the USA has more oil reserves than Suadi Arabia?? Well I think most geoligists that weren't working for an Oil company trying to get access to Gov land would think that is beyond wishful thinking.

FYI I support the pickens plan

www.pickensplan.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
And the Saudis know that the
Muslim Brotherhood has already called for full out war with Israel and for Sharia Law, and the Saudis
want no part of any of that.

Doesn't Saudi Arabia operate Sharia Law?

Actually one of the strictest interpretations of Sharia Law?

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
This is a list of countries by proven reserves of oil based on The World Factbook as of 2010-07-05.

Country Reserves (bbl) Share of World %
1 Saudi Arabia (more information) 264,100,000,000 19.78%
2 Canada (more information) 178,100,000,000 13.21%
3 Iran (more information)[1] 150,310,000,000 11.10%
4 Iraq (more information) [2] 143,100,000,000 10.60%
5 Kuwait (more information) 101,500,000,000 8.71%
6 Venezuela (more information) 98,590,000,000 7.37%
7 United Arab Emirates (more information) 97,800,000,000 7.25%
8 Russia (more information) 79,000,000,000 4.45%
9 Libya (more information) 46,000,000,000 3.24%
10 Nigeria (more information) 36,220,000,000 2.69%
11 Kazakhstan 30,000,000,000 2.22%
12 Qatar 27,190,000,000 1.13%
13 United States (more information) 21,320,000,000 1.58%
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by NadaCambia
1. Obama doesn't want an orderly transition
2. Israel will attack Egypt
I want you to source your evidence for both those claims.

1 - If obama wanted an orderly transition he wouldn't be interjecting 'now'.
2 - I did NOT say that Israel would attack Egypt. Just the opposite.
The Muslim Brotherhood wants Egypt to attack Israel.
I already gave the quotes and links for the Muslim Brotherhood saying this.

Originally posted by blupblup
Doesn't Saudi Arabia operate Sharia Law?

The people .. yes. The royals .. no.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

If you live in America, then you know that American's sit on the biggest oil reserve on the planet and they have more than one.

This is hard to validate.

Those who claim this have an agenda...Gov leases to drill...they will make billions whether they actually reduce our dependance on foriegn oil significantly or not. Thus it is an easy political pitch to make...we can survive off the oil we have here!! Just let us have access to those waters and that land!!

Those who deny the claims are idealogical envirornment groups who do not always represent the facts acurately.

It is near impossible to find hard data that is not backed by one or the other...but think about this..

Americans consume about 12 Million Barrels a day...Saudi Arabia produces around 9 million Barrels a day..the US produces around 2 Million Barrels a day...The idea that the USA has more oil reserves than Suadi Arabia?? Well I think most geoligists that weren't working for an Oil company trying to get access to Gov land would think that is beyond wishful thinking.

FYI I support the pickens plan

www.pickensplan.com...

Hard to Validate ? Its common knowledge. Alaska is the other one. The biggest one is .......... Do your research. This information has been in the news and in magazines for decades ... Its not a secret and its not a conspiracy, and, is old news ..

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by VI0811

I did my research...two posts above this one lists known oil reserves by nation.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   

What if the Saudi's choose to no longer allow us to use their airspace and throw us out of Saudi Arabia. Lots of ways the Saudi's can harm us in support of Mubarak.

We haven't been using their airspace for sometime now. We also moved the US Forces out a decade ago...if not longer ago.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

reply to post by VI0811

I did my research...two posts above this one lists known oil reserves by nation.

Better do it again, Its inaccurate ... Its a place that will never ( hopefully ) be used, therefor is not condisered and oil reserve or a usable resource at this time.
edit on 12-2-2011 by VI0811 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

"The Muslim Brotherhood wants Egypt to attack Israel. I already gave the quotes and links for the Muslim Brotherhood saying this. "

Tortured logic man..

First off, "the Muslim Brotherhood" didn't "say" anything, some dude allegedly named Muhammad Ghannem "reportedly" did. Who the bleep is he?.. according to the Jerusalem Post, "A leading member of the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt..". A "leading member?".. wow.. sounds lofty. Mickey Mouse is a leading member of Disneyland.

Interesting that the Washingtion Times calls him "Brotherhood leader Muhammad Ghannem...".. dang!!!, "leader" huh?.. as in HMFIC (head mofo in charge) leader? Looks like the US propaganda machine promoted dude to "official" boogie-man status.
www.washingtontimes.com...

Forexcrunch.com demoted him from leader, to "one of the leaders".. which I'm thinking differs from "leading member".
www.forexcrunch.com...

Progressivefix refers to him as "party leader"..
www.progressivefix.com..."

Last but not least... MEMRI.. The Middle East Research Institute says Mr.Ghannem is a London based "Representative"
www.memritv.org...

Demoted from "leader" to "representative".. while in both London & Egypt... lmao.. , yup.. he's a scary one.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join