It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A short break

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Have you ever taken a voluntary leave from AboveTopSecret before? If so why did you do it? And was it just a break from participating or a break from visiting at all?

I am just asking these casual questions to see why people chose to take a short leave from ATS. Personally I will be taking my short leave tomorrow, I really need to clear my head right now so I figured I will just give myself a short break from participating for an indefinite period of time, could be a few days could be a few weeks I do not know, hence ‘indefinite’. This will give me some free-time for researching things I like and educate myself more.

Actually I would encourage you to do the same!

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Yes a short leave is a good prescribed medicine for some. To clear the head and to let the brain try and filter out all the mumbo jumbo.

The reason people take breaks from ATS because it gets really heated sometimes and peoples passions kick in . For some people its hard to lose a debate or have there long term ideologies challenged and that is physically exhausting for some. Others can take it and dish it back out they have thick skin. But it takes along time to build that skin espically on ATS .

Its a wild zoo here sometimes and yes it get frustrating with some threads , hoaxes, always asking for proof what not . It all adds up to make the brain go OMFG GTFO loool...

Yes i agree with you taking a break from all this maddness is very healthy then you can come back with a clear mind and you will notice your tolerance level goes higher and higher each time you take a break ... breathe... and come back
imo .

My problem with taking a break is you miss so many good headlines and so many good stories and leads hehe . I love the amount of information that comes thru here !

Hope you come back with a clear mind and ready for more ATS ACTION ftw!

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I have never been much of a participant. Although I have to take regular breaks from lurking. Normally for a few weeks. Its nice and refreshing to not read the world is going to end everyday.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
A Little time to relax your mind is key..You will come back refreshed and ready to take on some of the issues possibly under a new light..with a clear head.. Have a good rest!! I'm sure you won't miss much other then the troll's and hoaxers.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I have taken several breaks over my time here. Sometimes it's a couple of days. Other times, it's been a few months. There can be a lot of reasons for taking a break, which I believe is a good thing.

For me, those reasons might be:

getting too invested in having my position heard
noticing that I'm irritable or edgy in my real life
something pisses me off

spending too much time on the computer
feeling frustrated and hateful or holding grudges
finding myself depressed or worried about what people here are saying
or... I have something else that is taking my time

I think breaks are healthy. I wish more people would take them.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Great idea, I take mini breaks all the time, usually a day or two, sometimes longer.

Don't stay away to long Misoir, I for one will miss you.

new topics

top topics

join