It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does God use a full disclosure policy or does he hide information?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Does God use a full disclosure policy or does he hide information?

Should God, show all consequences to infractions and sins or hide them?

Ignorance of the law is no excuse?
Perhaps it is if the sinner was not fully informed of the consequences.

If the law does not show all significant consequences to a crime or infraction, is the perpetrator really making an informed choice and if not informed completely of all consequences, is he culpable and should the penalties hidden by the law maker be applied to someone who did not know those were part of the consequences?

For example, is it moral for man or God to place a $ 10.00 per mile penalty on speeders when it has only warned of a $ 5.00 posted fine?

What if one of the consequences is a great benefit to the perpetrator?
Should the perpetrator ignore that benefit for any perceived harm?
Especially if that harm is kept from him by the law maker?

The morality of your answers will condemn your God so if you even attempt to answer, so be careful.

I will be relating these question to the myth of Adam and Eve and showing how immoral God was acting within that myth as well as elsewhere in the O T.

We often use the term on earth as it is in heaven. This indicates to me that we are to emulate God as a father figure or parent and law maker.
If God can just add on any arbitrary unknown punishment to a sinner, does that mean that human laws should do the same. Secular law seems to have rejected such notions. Would you?

Regards
DL

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com.../u/22/_g52sX8PgX8

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
The answer I would give would surely change the nature of the question.

So I won't answer. But I look forward to seeing what others think.

S+F

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Look, there is something greater at work than every human being who has ever set foot on this planet. I will agree with that. Want proof, take a look up.

Apart from that, Everything we can control is created by us.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am

He doesn't have to... the Vatican does it for him!

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I too will stay along for the ride, I would seriously ruffle feathers.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
upon death, you WILL have full disclosure. you will have lifetimes of memories and experiences that could easily be considered disclosure

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
[It is] the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings [is] to search out a matter. Proverbs 25:2 (KJV).

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
If God existed I'd say it would be the answer that he hides information. As a general rule anyways. Not to say specifically in the sense of punishments but in general information he hides. God is apparently all-knowing, and we don't know everything, since he hasn't told us. This would seem to say that he doesn't disclose all information.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

I believe that full disclosure is available to anyone who is ready to benefit from it.

In fact, I would go so far as to say that all the rules may be accessed by most people right here and now, but as it comes down to a matter of faith in particular religious/spiritual beliefs, everyone is free to reject those rules as being valid laws of this universe.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redevilfan09
Look, there is something greater at work than every human being who has ever set foot on this planet. I will agree with that. Want proof, take a look up.

Apart from that, Everything we can control is created by us.

At work. Sure.

The important question is it's sentience.

Regards
DL

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by GenerationXisMarching
upon death, you WILL have full disclosure. you will have lifetimes of memories and experiences that could easily be considered disclosure

My disclosure is not in the question.

It is God hidding his information that is.

I E. A & E had to rely on a talking snake to give them the facts.
Strange that it was more forthcoming than God.

Regards
DL

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut
[It is] the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings [is] to search out a matter. Proverbs 25:2 (KJV).

God wants kings honored then at the cost of his glory.
If he hides all things then man gets all the honor.
I like it.

Give an example please.

Regards
DL

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Okandetre
If God existed I'd say it would be the answer that he hides information. As a general rule anyways. Not to say specifically in the sense of punishments but in general information he hides. God is apparently all-knowing, and we don't know everything, since he hasn't told us. This would seem to say that he doesn't disclose all information.

If he is only showing 2 out of four paths and we take the wrong one then how does he justify the punishment he gives to a souls who has not been fully informed?

Regards
DL

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysticnoon

I believe that full disclosure is available to anyone who is ready to benefit from it.

In fact, I would go so far as to say that all the rules may be accessed by most people right here and now, but as it comes down to a matter of faith in particular religious/spiritual beliefs, everyone is free to reject those rules as being valid laws of this universe.

Would A & E's mind have been changed if they had known of all the consequences, good and evil, of eating of the tree of knowledge.

Regards
DL

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
The only thing God hides is what you've done in previous incarnations...which apparently can be learned with practiced meditition.

Everything else is free will... Do onto others as you would have them do onto you.

The concequences to whatever actions you're talking about are right in front of you.

For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.

Regardless of what punishments man has in store for whatever crime people commit, their Karma will be their punishment....in this life or the next.

So to answer the question, its full disclosure, if you understand how Karma works
edit on 11-2-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I think in a sense God leaves some of the information up for us to find out on our own. Some of Jesus's sermons from the NT gave that vibe to me - we have to WANT to find out things and what we need to know will be given to us.

For sins - you should already know you shouldn't commit them, regardless of punishment. Yet due to temptation, we often do.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
The only thing God hides is what you've done in previous incarnations...which apparently can be learned with practiced meditition.

Everything else is free will... Do onto others as you would have them do onto you.

The concequences to whatever actions you're talking about are right in front of you.

For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.

Regardless of what punishments man has in store for whatever crime people commit, their Karma will be their punishment....in this life or the next.

So to answer the question, its full disclosure, if you understand how Karma works
edit on 11-2-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

I went to a reincarnation gala the one time.
Strange that most there had recognizable names.
There were 4 Lincolns, 3 Moses, 6 Genghis------- You get my view of reincarnation.

I posed the question more to see what people though of the fact that God did not inform A & E about the benefits and negative consequences of eating of the tree o0f knowledge and if they think A & E would have done things differently if they would have has full disclosure.

Regards
DL

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ffman
I think in a sense God leaves some of the information up for us to find out on our own. Some of Jesus's sermons from the NT gave that vibe to me - we have to WANT to find out things and what we need to know will be given to us.

For sins - you should already know you shouldn't commit them, regardless of punishment. Yet due to temptation, we often do.

Yes. Sinning is usually fun.

I posed the question more to see what people though of the fact that God did not inform A & E about the benefits and negative consequences of eating of the tree of knowledge and if they think A & E would have done things differently if they would have had full disclosure. As is, they had more information from the talking snake than from God.

Care to opine?

Regards
DL

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Greatest I am

Originally posted by GenerationXisMarching

My disclosure is not in the question.

It is God hidding his information that is.

I E. A & E had to rely on a talking snake to give them the facts.
Strange that it was more forthcoming than God.

Regards
DL

even stranger as it wasnt viewed as being another hand of god.
you can tell me that god is all knowing, but didnt know that one of his creations was manipulating another? on his green creation?

i was trying to tell you that you will have disclosure when you have the memories, thoughts dreams, beliefs of dozens and dozens of lifetimes, and you thought that was disclosure of you? thats just funny

people wonder their whole life what the meaning of life is. if you had a hundred lifetimes in every pair of shoes imaginable do you think there would still be things hidden from you? do you believe that there would still be things to hide.

maybe he does disclose in full, but only to people worthy enough to hear it. if you dont know how to listen, even a message of pure truth and love will not be appreciated for what its worth

it is up to you what gets disclosed, but in the end, it WILL get disclosed.

i hope it helps, but i believe you were overthinking things

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Greatest I am

Originally posted by ffman

Yes. Sinning is usually fun.

I posed the question more to see what people though of the fact that God did not inform A & E about the benefits and negative consequences of eating of the tree of knowledge and if they think A & E would have done things differently if they would have had full disclosure. As is, they had more information from the talking snake than from God.

Care to opine?

Regards
DL

In my opinion my point still stands. If a parent tells their child not to do something, they often assume that the child KNOWS negative reinforcement will occur if he/she disobeys.
edit on 13-2-2011 by ffman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join